It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More details on iraqi abuse by US Army....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
On another note, no we don't stick our weapons in people's faces or run over thier vehicles cause it's easier or for more enjoyment. gimmie a break. Exactly how many iraqis have you worked with? just curious. And yes it is abusive if we were doing it for fun, BUT WHEN THERE IS NO OTHER WAY WE WILL DO WHAT WE HAVE TOO. IF THERE IS A VEHICLE IN OUR WAY AND WE CAN NOT GO AROUND IT THAN WE WILL DO WHAT WE HAVE TO, SO WE DON"T GET SEPERATED FROM THE CONVOY.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by medic
LOL military officers promote barbaric thinking? HAHAHA clearly, folks, here we have some one who was not in the military. NO i was not a " medic " in the civilian world. Those are called emts, and paramedics, and they are dead end jobs that pay poorly. Also, the active army is a 24 hour job. until, your out there is no civilian life. And yes we are quite angry. At people who constantly have negative things to say about us and what we do. Duh! that shoulda been apparent. And let me tell you, yeah we're medics, but we were trained to kill before we were trained to save. And i'll always be that way. Over here it keeps you alive. But in the comfort of your home, 10,000 miles away, that obviously doesn't apply.
Please, if you have no idea what is actaully going on or how things here work, don't post. doesn't make you look to good. Oh, wait......better check my grammer...

Please answer the question.

Sometimes, when this type of behavior is promoted, it becomes easy to abuse. Do you disagree?

You don't agree that when killing/torturing people is advocated, that it becomes easy to abuse?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Esoterica: "If US troops left right now, all those insurgents would just come back into power, not allowing the Iraqi people to govern themselves. "

Really? According to who? Some US thinktank? Is it that you think Iraqis are so stupid that they can't be trusted to do this themselves? Once the US is gone, so are the "insurgents". They're not targetting Iraqis, they're targetting AMERICANS (and the occasional police station). Take the Americans out and the insurgents won't attack anymore, they'll go off looking for more Americans.

"What have you been through, then, that allows you to comment of their actions? "

8 years as a foreign correspondant for Canadian and British radio and TV and 30 years of PAYING ATTENTION. You?

Yoda: "Jacko: do you support the British and other colition troops over there ??"

No, I don't support ANY "coalition" forces occupying Iraq. The purposes for the war were lies, and no troops should be still there dying. NONE. US, UK, Japanese, Polish, whatever.

medic: "And yes we are quite angry. At people who constantly have negative things to say about us and what we do."[/I]

That's because you do stupid, negative things. Get used to the criticism.

"Please, if you have no idea what is actaully going on or how things here work, don't post. doesn't make you look to good. Oh, wait......better check my grammer..."

Say, aren't you there trying to be "Champions of Freedom" and all that crap? And yet you say if we have anything bad to say and are not in Iraq, we shouldn't post?

I will post what I want, where I want, and about what I want to post about. If it upsets you, ignore it. You don't have a rifle pointed at me, so you can't force me to do what you say. I'm not going to pat you on the back and say GOOD JOB because I believe you don't deserve it because you seem to me to be a petty, vindictive, immature, violent person.

No, I don't know you personally, but I call em like I see em, and that's how I see it. Seek professional help.

jakomo

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Satry, I did answer the post. look above yours. Jako, your pathetic. A news correspondant(sp)? So i guess that makes you the expert huh? LOL, get a grip. Your the same as the rest of the media, who get in our way out here, and do retarded things out here. I don't even know where to start with you. violent and immature? because i do what it takes to keep me alive? At least i don't lie about it. (saw combat in bosnia, major combat operations) Yeah mr. correspondant, you've been paying attention real good.lol . Your little rant about posting where you want? lol. sure post where you want. doesn't make you look anybetter. lol and really...whos the immature one?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If that's your answer, then my next question would be this...

Do you think there are soldiers who do this for "fun"?

See, this is what I have a problem with. Insinuating that killing/torturing people could ever be "fun", is just wrong, IMO. It takes a special kind of asshole to think like that.
Those are the types of people I really don't want representing me, or my country.

[Edited on 1-27-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
. Your the same as the rest of the media, who get in our way out here, and do retarded things out here.

Maybe if some people left the news people ALONE over there..then maybe we would know more about what has been going on over there...but that wont happen will it????

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Stop the argueing people, it's pointless and we have an "ignore" option for a reason.

Besides, I'm starting to get agitated along with cold chills. I'm starting to feel some anger myself.

Angery because of the blatant and total disreguard for respect. Absolute non-sence, people get a freaking grip.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yeah satry, i understand what your saying, and yeah there probably is people like this in the army, but that don't mean we all are. and we certianly don't turn out like that. Keep that in mind. we all aren't monsters. And jako who are you to tell us to seek professional help? Being a news correspondant entailed mental assesment too huh? oh actaully, that would be more my field, genius.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

Maybe if some people left the news people ALONE over there..then maybe we would know more about what has been going on over there...but that wont happen will it????

YEA, I agree you boys leave them alone...the "insurgents" will take care of them...
just to get their hands on the press passes...

jackomo-ff you dont have a clue, get one.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by medic
Yeah satry, i understand what your saying, and yeah there probably is people like this in the army, but that don't mean we all are. and we certianly don't turn out like that. Keep that in mind. we all aren't monsters. And jako who are you to tell us to seek professional help? Being a news correspondant entailed mental assesment too huh? oh actaully, that would be more my field, genius.

It's not the people that realize what I'm talking about, and know the difference, that I worry about. It's those that know what I'm talking about and don't care.
You must be very careful not to downplay serious acts of inhumanity, no matter how justified they may be. In doing so, you become inhuman.
Becoming inhuman seems to be an incurable disease, from my perspective. Once this happens, they're no longer people I want on the same planet anymore. As far as I'm concerned, they're no longer beneficial to any society.

[Edited on 1-27-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
medic: Go back and see where I said that I was a soldier. I didn't.

It's laughable that you think a media correspondent wouldn't have more of an insight into what goes on during war. As a soldier, your job is to DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD AND DON'T ASK QUESTIONS. How exactly does that make you more qualified to report what actually goes on?

As a writer, I write what I see, what I perceive, and it goes to my editors who edit it for the public. Of course, working for UK and Canadian media means that it's hardly EVER edited, other than for space and time constraints.

As a soldier, you do what you're told, and you're not exactly encouraged to think at all. You're the poster child of not thinking, it would seem.

And AS a reporter, I read news with a critical eye. I pay attention to what ISN'T said just as much as I do to what IS said. I am CRITICAL about what I hear and read, you should try it.

"sure post where you want. doesn't make you look anybetter. lol and really...whos the immature one?"

Still you.

"Your the same as the rest of the media, who get in our way out here, and do retarded things out here."

Yeah, like filming and reporting things. The nerve. What do they think, that the public has the right to know or something?

jako

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot

Originally posted by McGotti

YEA, I agree you boys leave them alone...the "insurgents" will take care of them...
just to get their hands on the press passes...

jackomo-ff you dont have a clue, get one.

yeah it real hilarious isnt it??Truly funny that we cant even get the truth about whats going on over there because the news people are watched,controlled,and censored by the U.S. military.Where did i say anything about the iraqis taking care of them??Dont remember saying it was a safe job either.But I do remember medic talking about people are clueless and stupid because we dont know whats "really" going on over there...that we should simply "trust" him and the rest of the military..and to not believe "the news"...even though the news is controlled by the military so really i cant trust anything i hear..saying we should not listen to the news and simply accept what you say is going on is ..IMO whether wrong or right[either side] IS ABSOLUTLY ACCEPTING IGNORANCE......

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out how cruching a stupid vehicle is an inhumane act?!

If it was filled with chidren and pregnant woman, that would be understandable. They crushed a vehicle, not like it was a mormons damn horse!

WTF over?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Jacko, you discredit yourself with your own ignorance...I believe IF you had been a correspondant to ANY war you would understand what troops must do for force protection...since you obviously do not I can only assume you are lying.

corresponding for the high school paper does NOT count.

Have a great day!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Not ask questions huh? the poster boy of not thinking? comon man you can do better than that. Because you covered a couple peace keeping assignments you know all about war huh? Sorry bro you are clearly the immature one. I can't believe you posted this crap. yeah the public does have a right to know whats going on here and we have a right to not have the friggin media in our faces all the time. when i said they got in the way, I meant they got in the way. Your little filming comment was real adult too. lol. you were a news correspondant. get a grip. And a real job. You truly have no idea whats going on here. Bosnia is alittle differen't bud. And i didn't say you were a soldier did i? no i said you lied about major combat operations, which you did, and you lied about actaully seeing combat. Which you did. Which is also immature. and getting me on spelling is pretty immature too, MR. big adult. go post some where else hot shot corresponder. this ain't bosnia.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I'm still trying to figure out how cruching a stupid vehicle is an inhumane act?!

If it was filled with chidren and pregnant woman, that would be understandable. They crushed a vehicle, not like it was a mormons damn horse!

WTF over?

This thread isn't about crushing a vehicle, is it?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
actaully satry, it kinda has been about that. Hey mcgotti, go postsome where else. Your outa your lane here.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
This thread isn't about crushing a vehicle, is it?

Not that I know of, but that's where the arguement I saw became stupid. When crushing the vehicle was considered "inhumane".

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Personally, I think Jakomo has more credibilty than both these guys combined. As for it being inhumane....You've just destroyed someones personal property because they didn't move it. You're terrorizing them. Imagine being on the other side. You have a huge truck baring down on you. You have rifles in your face. You have hostile forces invading your home. You don't know whats going on in that car. You don't speak their language so you don't know what they were trying to say (if anything). Any number of reasons could exist as to why they couldn't move that car and you have no idea what they are.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You truly have no idea whats going on here.

What exactly do we not understand???What part do we seem to be confused about...and if we do not know whats going on over there then why do you keep complaining about the people that are actually trying to cover what is going on over there.You cant have it both ways!! You cant say were dumb and clueless..then turn around and say you dont want the media around..sorry..you work for AMERICAN PEOPLE...not yourself..so we need to know the truth in order to support you in what you do..dont act all supirior becuase your in the army...lol....you joined..you were not drafted..i dont feel sorry for you if you choose to be against our finding the truth..you should want the cameras around if you want us to "get a clue"..and if you dont want cameras around...then maybe you should stop telling people they are clueless becuase they are not "there".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join