It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More details on iraqi abuse by US Army....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Only half huh? thats too bad.....you know... for you to say that. I like almost everybody in my army especially the violent ones. You know, my buddy and i were on a convoy today, as medical support incase the worst happens, and these friggin iraqis won't get thier cars outa the way so we hit one and ran all over the tip of the hood in our five ton. pretty much crushed it flat. then the people in the car jumped out and went nuts so I yelled at em and threw my rifle in their face. Omygosh! this musta been violent! I must have repressed crimal tendacies! Jeeze! give us a break already with the dark heart poetry crap. this website preaches deny igorance, and you people see the news and automatically think we're all the devil. No wonder we're violent. we're just adapting to the people. And if we're not violent, we are going to be when we get home and somebody brings this crap to us, face to face. For, like the third time, give us a break! none of you really have any idea what it's like. so where do you get off passing judgement on us? half of us are evil? lol thats good stuff, except you know the whole substance thing, the factual stuff.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
medic: "You know, my buddy and i were on a convoy today, as medical support incase the worst happens, and these friggin iraqis won't get thier cars outa the way so we hit one and ran all over the tip of the hood in our five ton. pretty much crushed it flat. then the people in the car jumped out and went nuts so I yelled at em and threw my rifle in their face. Omygosh! this musta been violent! I must have repressed crimal tendacies!"

Not repressed, you CLEARLY have violent criminal tendencies. You ran over their CAR because the "friggin Iraqis" wouldn't get their car outta the way? Because you're superior in some way to them? Because you occupy their country and are the boss of them?

Newsflash: YOU'RE the INVADING troops and it's their country, their street, their highway, their CAR. You don't belong and you have no right whatsoever to destroy ANYTHING of theirs. What does the owner of this car do now? Does he go out and pony up some dough for new wheels? Or does he go out and set a nice little roadside bomb for the next time he sees you or anyone else looking like you?

Congratulations, you have just put the lives of your fellow soldiers AT RISK by doing something stupid and immature and dangerous. Feel good?

You've clearly damned yourself by your own words. And SPARE ME the "none of you really have any idea what it's like. so where do you get off passing judgement on us? " that's the lamest excuse in the book. I've covered wars before and they have more similarities than differences.

"No wonder we're violent. we're just adapting to the people. And if we're not violent, we are going to be when we get home and somebody brings this crap to us, face to face."

I suggest you seek professional psychological help. If you think you'll get violent when you get back to the US and somebody brings "this crap" to you, you'll end up in jail or dead.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Is medic actually retelling us a true story? If so, that is one of the sickest things I have ever read. You actually crushed somebody's car because they were in your way? That is insane. And then you put your rifle in their faces. What kind of soldier are you?

If you were here in the U.S. or anywhere else you would have never dared do such a thing or face serious consequences. Its what keeps us all from smashing cars because they're in our way. If you want to look bad, doing what you just typed to us is a great way to go about it.

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well people call what Medic did one thing, some call it another. Personally, I call it doing his job. Medic acted in accordance with the rules of engagement according to department of defense standards. I think that if need be, and if the circumstances made a turn for the worse, and if medic felt that the lives of himself and other soldiers were in danger, he would have acted accordingly.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
And by the way, I was driving the vehicle that my friend and fellow medic was in. So yes, it a VERY true story. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
And the car was not crushed because it was in the way, it was crushed, because the driver refused to move the vehicle, and it was impeding traffic, and the safety of the convoy that we were in. So before you judge, make sure that oyu know all the facts.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
here we go. See the both of you just proved you have no idea whats going on here, except what the news tells you. Jakomo you really have no wieght on the whole war situation, so don't pretend you do. I looked up canada's involvment in bosnia and it was little to nil. In the first place there wasn't even combat operations. No combat patches were given out. secondly it is sop here to hit a car if it's in your way. Agian you know nothing about war. out in the street, we are mostly likely to get hit by somthing. these people drive like bats outa hell. if you knew a convoy of guntrucks was coming would you just stop in front of em? judging by your posts i guess so. well we'd hit you too. You guys make me sick. Deny ignorance.....hahaha. ya'll embrace it.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by medic
You know, my buddy and i were on a convoy today, as medical support incase the worst happens, and these friggin iraqis won't get thier cars outa the way so we hit one and ran all over the tip of the hood in our five ton. pretty much crushed it flat. then the people in the car jumped out and went nuts so I yelled at em and threw my rifle in their face.

You say that the Iraqis wouldn't move their cars out of the way. Was anyone at that particular site requesting and/or directing them to move? I'm sure there was a more effective approach than crashing into the vehicle.

If (really big IF) I was in a similar situation and no one appropriately requested me to move, then I would feel inclined to beat you with the broken pieces. I imagine a few Iraqis would feel the same way.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoldierMedic
And the car was not crushed because it was in the way, it was crushed, because the driver refused to move the vehicle, and it was impeding traffic, and the safety of the convoy that we were in. So before you judge, make sure that oyu know all the facts.
A car in your way is such a serious risk of safety.
We do know the facts and that is a lame excuse for what you did.

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well being here as long as we have, we have found out that as unsafe as it is out there in the streets of Baghdad, once military vehicles are in place there is no crossing them until it is safe to do so. So, on that premise, if there is a military vehicle posted at an intersection, and there is a vehicle that refuses to yield, or otherwise poses a threat to a military convoy, they do so at their peril. And for the record, nobody wants to be involved in an accident and/or otherwise jeopardize the good reputation that is amidst the Iraqi people that we are here to help. Sometimes incidents occur that cannot be avoided, and that is the luck of life. It cannot be helped. But we do the best that we can and we all move on, some are the wiser, some are the wiser at a price.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
you know the facts huh? the SOPs? the rules of engagement? you do? oh you must have been there then? seen the situation? and obiously you don't know the facks, and i think it's pretty lame you would claim you do. if you did you'd know to follow the truck in front of you. no matter what. not following the truck puts you in a Lynch situation. And yes we had told them to move the car. screamed and yelled, and blew the horn. they refused. To us it could be that they wanna stop us to shoot rockets at us. But you know thefacts so you thought of thatalready, right?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
And as far as a car in our way is such a risk of safety, a few days ago, there was a car in our way that could have been very well been a nice car bomb placed under a large, heavily-travelled bridge. There were no tires on it, no skid marks on the pavement, nothing to ever suggest that there had been an accident there. We believe that it was placed there and purposely disabled to serve as an explosive barricade for US troops. Boy isn't that fun to read on the news, about American soldiers dying because of terrorists that wish to assert some sort of tyrannical leadership in Iraq. Driving carefully past the staged vehicle on the highway, I loved seeing the gasoline leaking from the car like a sieve. Boy, now that would have been something nice to see on TV!! I thikn that overall, most of the Iraqi people are very happy as to our precense here in Iraq. Of course there are those who do not wish our precense here. There are those who seek to do harm to us everyday that we travel outside of the compound walls. We have to deal with it as decently as we can, and sometimes it takes a lot to be able to remain calm when ther can be death at every turn. But like I said we have to deal with the unpleasantries everyday here. But as the old proverb goes, (is this a proverb?) You can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Like the people who are coming to our front gates with bombs strapped to thier chest, crying because they are captured from their houses, from their children and wives, and forced to perform a suicidal bombing or else their families will be killed. That is really nice to see that our enemies will stoop to any means to make sure that they kill as many of us as they can, regardless of civilan population present, then they say that the blood is on our hands, like we are responsible for the troubles that have driven them to these measures.
People can be very frightened of change. Change happens everrywhere, in everyones' lives, every day of thier lives. It is something to grow on, not something to destroy. The problem over here is that change is something these people are not used to yet, at least for the better. We are here to change that for these people, we want the country of Iraq to be what it wants to be, and sometimes there are prices to pay for that liberty so many of these people are starting to get a taste of. Unfortunately there are those who do not wish to have these changes for the better, for whatever reason. I do not believe that anyone who is not involved with the actions over here really has a right to critisize anyone who is over here. I think that the wisest course of action would be too think about it from both sides of the spectrum, not just from one side. Be not so one-sided, please.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
When there are incidents such as motor vehicle accidents that US troops are involved in, it is dealt with with the best interest of the personnel involved, whether it is Iraqi cilvians or whoever, and the soldiers involved. MOtor vehicle accidents are something that happen everywhere. So I think that trying to dramatize a simple fender-bender onto a crime of humanity is irresponsible and arrogant. You do not have the right to make that deduction!!!

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by SoldierMedic]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
medic and soldier medic. Greetings from the homeland. Must be a pain to be tied up there. How long you boys been there? Since the beginning? My hats off to yas. I understand why you hit the damn car. What if they were trying to separate your vehicle to hit it with an RPG? Nah, thats a long shot..that wouldn't happen in Iraq would it?

Look we're all not anti-American whatevers on this site. The same people that wouldn't admit there was a chance of danger are the ones who don't think Al-Qaida is a terrpr group. They swallow an elephant and gag on a knat.

Your country supports you, guys. Hate that you have to be there and hope its over for you soon. Until then, watch your ass!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
oh i know astrocreep, no not everyone is, and i'm not even saying they are anti-american. i think they are just ignorant. somthing i'm trying to help them with. we appreciate the support for once. it really stands out agianst the hatred. thanks alot

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
We do know the facts and that is a lame excuse for what you did.

Sorry to break it to you like this.

War and conflict zones, are not places politeness and dicking around are tolerated. Not that I'm implying you may have thought that, it's just the impression I get.

No rules exist, sure Standard Operating Procedures apply. Just don't expect a soldier to allow any chances of the enemy takeing advantage, on top of what they already have of such. Civilians should have gone to refugee camps by now, if your not fighting get out of the warzone!

It's not the point of war to die for your country, but to make the opponent/enemy die for thiers.

I don't care who or what was in the convoys way, they did what they had to, if it kept them alive, Bra #ing vo!

HOOAH!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I support the troops. I do not support their leaders' reasons for the invasion of Iraq. I also do not support many of the actions of our troops over there such as this particular incident involving the car. I would prefer all of our troops to come back home and be away from this trouble spot that we have no business being at.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by medic
Hey i was just following your lead bud. And how about given me a break. I'm in baghdad? you wanna send me a tv? Sorry i'm not in my comfy home, with my tea and crumpets, watching the news on my telly, ok? gimmie alittle while and i'll give ya a name too, since i must be lying right?

Oh man, that was great. Thank you for making my afternoon.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Woman over course are going to get raped in WAR.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join