It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WWIII is coming, does that mean DRAFT?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If WWIII is coming does that mean there is going to be a draft reinstated? Alot of us hope not, so please tell me your opinions.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yes, a sustained conflict against large numbers of enemies will mean a draft. It will mean stronger policing and anti-riot powers. Less civil freedoms, fear and paranoia.

It will mean rumours of a sixth column to set neighbour against neighbour.

It will mean another dark age.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I think a draft is inevitable even with out a wwiii. The US seems to have established a modus operandi for invading, motivated by greed and corporate plunder.
It's obvious to me that the govt. is the puppet of the large corporations that care not for the lives of the citizens of this country as long as profits can be maintained.

good luck jca2005!!!

[edit on 20-10-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think they realize they have pimped out their 'regulars' about as much as they can get away with. I too believe a draft is inevitable.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i dont know how it would effect the usa and elsewhere but here in the uk it would do a world of good...a)thin out the numbers and b) it will straighten out our unrully masses of children going round stabbing old people and shooting there friends in the head for fun.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't see how it would work. Your typical young American would make a horrible soldier. Personally I would be leaving the US heading north because I would never kill anyone for the government, I will only kill in self defense.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianVandal

North? Canada? Even here, if ww3 were to erupt, hello conscription. They didn't force it on visible minorities last world war, but I'm sure they will this time. And if there is a ww3, then God have mercy. I'll get married, experience the married life, then get shipped off to some front in Russia where 3 million soldiers will be battling it out in trenches in a winter-y blood bath, and I'll jump in screaming my countries name, and eventually get taken out by a Russian sniper and die and go to heaven and meet all my dead buddies and wife and family. Couldn't be that bad...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Unfortunately your whole plan is based on the fact that you will die and then go to heaven. Doesn't work like that.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I for one would never go if drafted. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one from my family that can go; both my younger brothers, now of age have health related problems. One has a kidney problem where a vein grows over it and he pee's 3-4 times a day, had major surgery on that. The other one has a heart murmur. Me, I have nothing, yay!!!! I'd never go for a draft, ever. I'd rather take death than kill people who have done nothing to me. Personally I believe that I'll be in a FEMA detention camp when martial law is implemented.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm only a junior in high school and I sure as hell hope the draft doesnt come back, and I have several cousins who are in the 5-10 range so any draft within the next 220 years can potentially hit me or family really close to me which sucks
Chill out on the wars man

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

Your situation would probably make you exempt due to family hardship reasons.

Truth is, there will not be a draft for anything less then a full scale invasion of American soil ... and that is not very likely. It would be political suicide for the entire Congress and Senate.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianVandal

how so?
(sorry for the one-liner)

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So who is it we are going to war with? For that to happen we would need to be attacked first and if that happens then it is not about Iraq or Iran, but some bigger issues that would cause our world in America as we know it to change very drastically. You all better rethink this one, for it will not be a “I hate bush, so I will not play” scenario, but something along the lines of 50 major cities destroyed and the Forward Edge of Battle Area (FEBA) will be in the US and so you got two choices of either you are with your government or you are against for you will be involved one way or the other. If you can’t stomach that type of war then hopefully you will die quickly in the first stages of it. In the mean time live free without the need to actually lift a finger to support that freedom you have.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
If WWIII is coming does that mean there is going to be a draft reinstated? Alot of us hope not, so please tell me your opinions.

What makes you think we aren't already fighting WWIII?

As for the draft being reinstated, I suppose it's possible. They haven't been requiring registration these last few years if it wasn't a possibility. It takes a lot of people to fight a war, or whatever, these days. And you can't always rely on a crappy economy to force the lower classes into the military.

If it happens, I'm sure they'll let you know in advance. Then it's your choice as to what you want to do.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The millitary/Government has not started the draft yet, but they are indeed keeping tabs on former millitary. Especially ones who have got out recently. My brother and I were in the Seabees together. I was/am an electrician. He was/is an equipment operator. Recently...oh I would say in the last 6 month's or so, we both recieved letters from the D.O.D. The purpose of the letter's was to inform us that we had to respond to the letter within thirty days or contact the website given for a muster(role call for non millitary types). We both responded accordingly and have not heard anything further. That was it. Not sure what the purpose was, but I can assure you they are keeping their eye on us and our where about's.

Has any other former millitary recieved a letter or e-mail like that?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't fight nomatter what. I'm 20 years old and there is absolutely no way I would ever suit up for our current government. If we were actually attacked by someone and there was a need to PROTECT my country, then I absolutely would. However, with the current situation we wouldnt be protecting ourselves from anything; we would be doing just the opposite.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If WW3 were to start a draft would depend on any treaties. If they have a no nuke policy, then you bet your rear end there will be a draft. If it is in all out war then a draft is not needed because they will still kill the same amount as a draft would. So either way it is a lose-lose situation.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I heard a commercial on the radio reminding people to register.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by XIRDNEH]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I dont beleive so.
The government, when the economy collapses due to the strains of war, will offer you a choice.

Being most people who would be the prime pickings for a draft are in debt, mortgage, cars, loans, etc etc..
the government will offer you the choice:

Lose your house, your car, and your job... live on the streets and experience the days of the depression

OR

fight for your nation, we will pay your mortgage, your bills and provide you food allowances.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
An instituted draft in this country, be it next year or in 10 years, would result in a violent revolt unlike any other in history. I guarantee that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join