It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You like potato chips?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I llike mine with with dip or kephup.

What do you like yours with? I'm eating them right now with french dip

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Love potato chips, sometimes with onion dip, sometimes plain.

That being said, corn chips are better.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Potato chips in ketchup? O_o

Perhaps you are from Britain or Australia or some other place, and you mean what we call "French Fries".

But then, who dips french fries in "dip", generally we say dip referring to potato chip dip or vegetable dip, we specify with french fries.

Well, I like my potato chips(crisps for you guys outside the US), by themselves, sour cream and onion flavored, I don't usually care for dip anymore, makes them more fattening than they already are.

And for french fries? Typically ketchup, though I do enjoy honey mustard too.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Fritos with french onion dip...oh yeah baby that's good stuff.

fresh salsa and corn chips are dang tasty too.

Kacen brought up england...good chips/crisps come out of england. Pickled onion are good and curry or smokey bacon flavor kick butt.

spider

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kvoii

MMMM TATERZ!

mmm rasta dem'be king of da jungul
dreadlock swang down me back like Rapunzel

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
One of the few things on this Earth that make life almost worth living are...

salt and vinegar chips

red hot blues corn chips

Pringels

well alright three things....

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Potater chips 'n' ice cream. MMM MMM!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Doritos and Fritos are the way to go.
Also some Sour Cream and Onion chips are great as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
BBQ chips are my favorite.
I love pringles, once you pop the fun don't stop!

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Doritos and Fritos are the way to go.
Also some Sour Cream and Onion chips are great as well.

I agree
My favorite chips are doritos and sour cream & onion. They're the best. mmmmmmm......

....Now I want some doritos or sour cream & onion chips :shk: lol

--Minnie

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I love em.
My favorites are the dill pickle style, salt and vinegar, and salt n pepper.
I even made some of my own last month..
Too many taters, so I got out the slicer, soaked them in cold water to get the starches out. Cooked them low and slow..Not too shabby.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
And for french fries? Typically ketchup, though I do enjoy honey mustard too.

I have to admit that I was once a "traditionalist" when it came to French Fries. Yep, I dipped my fries in Ketchup. But then I discovered Mayonnaise. It seems that Mayonnaise is the favorite "topping" or "dip" for French Fries in Holland. My wife's family is from Amsterdam and, in Holland, they dip their fries in Mayonnaise. I'll be damned if those fries don't taste great that way!

As for the original topic.....well, of course I love chips. Who doesn't? But it wasn't until I came to Canada from the States that I discovered "Salt and Vinegar chips". Just awesome.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I like BB Q chips, Salt and Vinegar, regular chips and Pringles. I seldom eat any though unless I'm grilling.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I have to admit that I was once a "traditionalist" when it came to French Fries. Yep, I dipped my fries in Ketchup. But then I discovered Mayonnaise. It seems that Mayonnaise is the favorite "topping" or "dip" for French Fries in Holland. My wife's family is from Amsterdam and, in Holland, they dip their fries in Mayonnaise. I'll be damned if those fries don't taste great that way!

Ah, yes I know of that.

But it is not the same mayonnaise, a spiced mayonnaise.

In addition, I'd assume it is way more fattening than ketchup.

So I'd prefer not to eat that regularly.

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
But it wasn't until I came to Canada from the States that I discovered "Salt and Vinegar chips". Just awesome.

Am I the only person in the world who thinks salt and vinegar chips are repulsive?

My mom likes them, a lot of my friends like them...but I find them way too strong.

[edit on 10/19/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Am I the only person in the world who thinks salt and vinegar chips are repulsive?

Nope! I hate them also.

BBQ chips are pretty much all I eat as far as chips goes. The Wavy Lays BBQ chips and Pringles are the best ones, in my opinion.

There's no real perfect chips though, as far as I'm concerned. I've never tried that brand of chips that has made me want to keep eating them. Wavy Lays and Pringles are good, but they're not GREAT!

Pringles is close, though. Maybe they need to do something about their chips ending up in four million pieces on the bottom of the can before you get it home to open it.

That's annoying:shk:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have noticed some serious infractions in this thread. The OP specifically said "Potato" chips, but some, me included, have included corn chips and I suppose those other kind that are made from soy bean meal and just flavored to taste like potato chips.

Thus.......

I would like to include chichirones which are a type of chip made mainly here in the southwest and Mexico. They are pig guts, sliced thin and fried.
Also refereed to as pork rinds. Technically not a proper chip, but fried meat. With some kind of salsa or pepper sauce...yum....prefered "wash down liquid" Corona.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I like potato chips. Lays potato chips. With french onion dip.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

My mom likes them, a lot of my friends like them...but I find them way too strong.

I hate 'em too and I think they stink

...A lot of people I know love those chips. eeek...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnie
I hate 'em too and I think they stink

Those cheddar chips stink too. Also there's a certain kind of BBQ Lays chips, I can't remember exactly what it's called. It's in a black bag. It's different from their normal BBQ. That smells bad and it actually makes me sick when I smell it

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Mmmmmm......tater chips with Snickers candy bars. A little bite of candy...a chip...

The swap between salt and sweet is great!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join