It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are seat belt laws apart of the NWO plot for world Domination?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
You're also missing the point RRconservative.

If you drive without a license, you are endangering other people because you might not have the necessary skills to drive.

If you have no insurance you are endangering others because you might not have the money to cover their medical expenses etc. if you are at fault.

If you are not sober, your reaction time is much slower, and you are therefore endangering other people.

By not wearing a seatbelt, you are only endangering yourself. Therefore it should be your choice.

In my own view, some who have had a driver's licence for many years still do not have the skills they need to navigate the roads at speed. I'm taking about those people who get behind the wheel and start texting and calling and talking on their cell phones. Just yesterday, I walked across the road in front on my home and was almost ran down by a woman who was busy with her cell phone.

On the seat belt issue, I have mixed feelings. It is pretty clear that the world is quickly becoming overpopulated. I remember a while ago when a holiday was approaching, the DOT would post that they thought this number (insert figure) of people would be killed on the highway on this holiday season, and they after the day was over, they would again post the actual figure and you could see how close they came with the estimate. Anyone remember this?

I raised two kids before seat belt laws came into vogue. My kids were not too good to go through the windshield with their parents! On a more somber note, when I was 17, I wrapped a 62 Pontiac around an oak tree. The only thing that saved my live was that I was able to dive into the passenger side floorboard before it hit. A seatbelt would have been the death of me. That being said, seat belts do save lives, and I am especially for the child safety seats. I just tend to wonder, if the NWO wants to kill us all off, why do everything they can to keep us alive in the road? It doesn't make sense.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Files

Seat belts safe life's, it saved my life before in a car accident years ago.

Seat belt laws cause death. My buddy's brother burned to death because he could not get his seat belt unfastened. My neighbors uncle was killed on a train track just south of my home because he had to unbuckle, the rest of his passengers (not wearing seat belts) made it to safety

It should be a matter of an adult making his/her own decision. I quit wearing a seat belt as soon as the law was passed despite many years of buckling up every time I got in a car.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

By not wearing a seatbelt, you are only endangering yourself. Therefore it should be your choice.

Not so. If you have a head on smash, and one of the drivers is wearing a seatbelt and the other isn't, the driver wearing no seatbelt could fly through both windscreens and pummel into the seatbelt wearing driver, killing him or her also.

These laws are in effect for a good reason.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I don't know about an NWO plot...but the truth of "seat belts saving lives" is up for argument for sure.

I know I may be a statistical anomaly, but when I was in a rollover accident, I was thankfully not wearing a seat belt. The driver side door and frame were folded over the dash, with the headrest of the seat snapped over. Imagine if I had been wearing my seat belt, I would have had my neck snapped. Instead I was in the passenger foot well with a concussion.

My friend was riding in his jeep and rolled it. He was ejected through the windshield and walked away with a broken arm and leg. His girlfriend was strapped in and died from head trauma.

So much for the statistics claiming it's safer to wear your seat belt.

I personally feel that it is more of a money-making scheme/way to get people acclimated to the stop and search by the 5-0, a backdoor tax wrapped up with a violation of personal liberties if you will, just like speed limits.

I can handle my car at 125mph. I know for sure, because I've got the ticket to prove it. However the officer said in court that he didn't cite me for reckless anything because I was in total control of the vehicle and not endangering anyone.

Safety is one's personal prerogative, choose whether exercise it at your own risk.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I take it you are unaware that if a person who is not wearing a seatbelt has to make a sudden evasive maneuver, there is a chance the upper body of said person will be flung into the passenger seat, thus unable to control the car, possibly resulting in the vehicle, striking another vehicle or pedestrian? I don't care if someone dies in a car accident because they were too stupid to wear a seatbelt. I just don't want them losing control because they were not wearing a seat belt and hit me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

You're also missing the point RRconservative.

If you drive without a license, you are endangering other people because you might not have the necessary skills to drive.

If you have no insurance you are endangering others because you might not have the money to cover their medical expenses etc. if you are at fault.

If you are not sober, your reaction time is much slower, and you are therefore endangering other people.

What about the millions of people with licenses who are in accidents each year? They clearly don't have the necessary skills, yet are permitted to drive.

And if you have the necessary skills, then insurance shouldn't be an issue, because you have the license, therefore you have the skills, therefore you don't need the insurance, because it will obviously be the other guys fault.

And furthermore, if we get national healthcare, can I stop paying for all insurance but property coverage on the other guys vehicle, as the healthcare will be paid for? You can bet your bottom dollar that won't be the case.

Can't argue much on the sobriety other than the fact that studies have shown that not all people are impaired at the same levels, due to alcohol tolerance variations from person to person, not to mention the fact that marijuana impaired drivers are actually shown to be more careful than regular drivers, so not all impaired drivers can be considered equal.

As to wearing the seatbelt. It should be 100% personal choice. Agreed on that point.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

A person who has to make a sudden evasive maneuver is not qualified to be on the road IMHO. They failed to observe the situation, anticipate actions, and to leave adequate stopping distance and/or escape routes. Not to mention lacking control of their person and vehicle. Drivers Ed 101.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by digger2381

I can handle my car at 125mph. I know for sure, because I've got the ticket to prove it. However the officer said in court that he didn't cite me for reckless anything because I was in total control of the vehicle and not endangering anyone.

Safety is one's personal prerogative, choose whether exercise it at your own risk.

You're just the kind of Person (and you're not good enough to be called a Human, there's a difference) that makes this Society dangerous.

I would have loved it if you hit an oil slick travelling at such a moronic speed and pummeled into a child.

Working for the New South Wales State Coroner for 2 and a half years, do you know how many accidents were caused by speed?

Most of them.

Grow up, you PERSON.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The only thing I see wrong with it is that the Government HAS to tell us to buckle up.

You would think that people would do it voluntarly.

Now being told that I have to wear a helmet on my Harley really upsets me.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

The accidents are not caused by speed. The accidents are caused by people exceeding their capabilities.

Most accidents are caused by idiots who are either trying to multitask, are not paying complete attention to the task at hand, or are just plain stupid and follow too close. I will concede that a good percentage of accidents occur WHILE people are speeding, but not BECAUSE they are speeding. Big, Big Difference.

As to me, I have taken over a dozen driving courses. I have driven on the track, both round and drag. I know how to drive, I know how to ride my motorcycle, and most importantly, I know my limitations and those of my vehicles.

I knew the stretch of road I was on. It is a straight shot for 20 miles. I had driven the road back and forth 3x a day for over 6 months. I knew the road. I knew the traffic patterns (nonexistent at 0330). I wouldn't dream of driving like that under normal driving conditions with other people on the road or even on an empty road in a municipality. However, at that time of the day, on that stretch of road in the boondocks, with not a house for miles, just empty expanses of desert, there was literally one other person on the road, the DPS officer.

So how dare you say that I am the type who makes society dangerous?! My training exceeds that of most drivers on the road, and I'm sure that it exceeds yours. If I choose to drive fast without endangering anyone but myself(if you consider it endangering myself, I sure don't), who has the right to tell me that I can't? NOBODY. It is likewise my choice to wear a seatbelt, as it is my life in my hands, not my life in your hands.

edited to remove possibly insulting statement. my apologies.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by digger2381]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
LDrangonFire, you may be on to more tan many here think. The Seatbelt law being more strictly enforced is really for revenue.

here is just 1 link, there are may more just google "federal government funding for state seatbelt laws"
Ohio Among States Weighing Tougher Seat Belt Laws to Get Funding

Ohio Among States Weighing Tougher Seat Belt Laws to Get FundingMore cash-strapped states want to give law enforcement officers the authority to pull over motorists who aren't wearing seat belts.

The 15 states, including Ohio, that are considering making the switch need to do so before July to be eligible for millions in federal money.

Ohio would get $26.8 million from the federal government. Currently, law enforcement officers in the state need to have some other reason to stop drivers over before issuing seat-belt citations.

IMO, yes there were dogooders with commonsense attempting to show they care to get seatbelt laws in place, there were however others who saw this as an excellent test and reason to push the populace into doing what they were told.

I don't thnk it started as part of any NWO plan, but implementation of laws like this just so happen to help condition us, thereforebecoming part of the plan after the fact.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
No, the illuminati just like to make lots of law changes all the time, so that nobody can tell which ones really matter.

I'm only low ranking in the illuminati but I know enough to know that should they wish, they could pass any law tommorow morning that they want, and you people could/would not do a single thing to stop it

KHL

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I really like that a lot of the people that say seat belts should be a choice are the same ones that say they are against eugenics

Well I guess here's my thought on the matter: The sad fact is that some people are just too stupid to wear a seat belt. Should it be your choice? Sure, on your own land. No cop should be allowed to make you wear a seat belt, have a driver's license or enforce a speed limit on your own property. However, the vast majority of roads are the government's property. As such, just as you personally could enact a no-seat-belt policy on your own land, they have the right to require it upon the public roads. It saves lives, a good amount of money and it helps preserve the sanity of the emergency workers that would otherwise be scraping your remains off of the motorway. I know a number of cops in the USA, UK and Canada and none of them like the task of finding parts of people after an accident.

On the subject of laws that are for our own good and not the good of others I do have a couple more examples too just off the top of my head:

It is generally seen as quite illegal to base jump off of most bridges, cliffs and office buildings, even in the case where there is nothing of value or humans at the bottom.

You will go to jail for fireworks in some parts of the United States, even if you are using them personally without endangering others.

Attempting suicide will usually get you a trip to a mental hospital for a while weather you like it or not.

While some of these, especially the fireworks one it seems, are quite controversial, seat belts are nowhere near the only such law, and as others have pointed out it is not always just for personal safety. I have seen what can happen as a result to the individual however. I was involved in a collision once where the bus I was riding on was hit by a speeding car on a bridge. The driver of the car did not have his seat belt on and was ejected through the windshield, flew over the side of the bridge and into a river in the middle of winter. Sad to say he did not make it, however there were no other injuries, even in the car where everyone else was buckled in.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
To be honest this is not about seat belt laws.it is but it isn't..
They are not mandatory on motorcycles, or pre 1972 antiques.
And to just get it off my chest it is and always will be my choice to smoke, eat bacon smothered in butter, ride my motorcycle "no helmet law here"
But I got to wear a seat belt to go around my block!!!!
YIPPIE seat belts save lives ...so what!!!!
Where does it stop if you give them one power?
That is not within calorie margins or cholesterol intake %'s so you'r exempt from healthcare........
OHHH This gets me so fueled!
Once again sorry for the rant, peace, love and FREADOM! "for some"

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is not limited to seatbelts. The same has been taking place with auto insurance, health insurance, and even cell phones. All of these can be traced back to the United Nations.

The "plot" is to standardize the laws of all nations. Once the differences are eliminated, there will be less resistance to a one world government.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I agree with the OP.
Whether or not to wear seat belts should be a choice for adults to make on their own.

Seat belt laws are written, bought and paid for by the auto insurance companies. It saves them money.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

People complain about the aca and being forced to buy medical insurance but we have been forced to buy auto insurance since the 80's, just as occupancy permits and zoning laws force us to buy utilities, the government working with industry has been forcing us to purchase services for many decades.

We are no where near a free people, we are free to conform or die or be imprisoned.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Agreed.
I was watching a show on TV and saw that you have to have a permit in some localities to have an alarm system in your house!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Seatbelts do save lives but seatbelt laws don't necessarily do the same. It would still be pretty easy to drive around the rest of your life without a seatbelt and not get caught. People could do so if they wanted to and cops would not be able to catch enough people to make it stop.

Seatbelt AWARENESS is what saves lives. People CHOOSE to wear their seatbelts because they know it's a good idea. You should never have to force a good idea unless you've done a terrible job explaining why it's a good idea. Seatbelt laws are lazy, sledgehammer government. Just like Obamacare's individual mandate.
edit on 28-11-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
And in some states and cities, we now have "checkpoints" , where you can be stopped just to see if you are wearing the seat belt. Totally authoritarian, revenue generated law. If they were truly worried about safety , motorcycles would be illegal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join