It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are seat belt laws apart of the NWO plot for world Domination?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Most seat belt laws went into effect in the 1980's and 90's. To me this should be a personal decision for adults to wear or not wear seat belts.

It's the government telling adults they must comply with their laws, because its for your own good, and safety. It seems like this was one of the first laws based on its for your own good, and IHMO has lead to the no smoking type of laws

Should this be a matter of choice, and not the law?

It also seems just another excuse to pull some one over.

What other types of laws are next?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Seat belts safe life's, it saved my life before in a car accident years ago.

What do you want?
1. Don't wear a seat belt & have your face hit windshield and break your nose/go through the windshield and die.

2. Wear a seat belt and live to see another day.

Plus better to be safe & alive than dead.
The government is finally doing something right, which is very rare.
NWO plot for world Domination? NO

[edit on 10/19/07 by Files]

[edit on 10/19/07 by Files]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Files

I think you're missing the whole point that the gov't feels that they need to tell us how to live our lives. If it doesn't impede on anyone else's rights, it should be legal. Anything contradictory to that is NOT freedom.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I hardly think its a NWO plot. Its for safety reasons and to save lives. Nice thought, but i dont really think that its a plot. And it shouldnt be a choice, it shuold be mandatory.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There are many regulations regarding the operation of a motor vehicle.

You must have a Drivers License.

You must have Insurance.

You must be sober.

You must wear a seat belt.

Can you imagine if the public was given a "choice" in these matters?

It wouldn't be a pretty picture.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You're also missing the point RRconservative.

If you drive without a license, you are endangering other people because you might not have the necessary skills to drive.

If you have no insurance you are endangering others because you might not have the money to cover their medical expenses etc. if you are at fault.

If you are not sober, your reaction time is much slower, and you are therefore endangering other people.

By not wearing a seatbelt, you are only endangering yourself. Therefore it should be your choice.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It's is most definitely a plot..... to save your friggin life. I'm reminded of a quote by Jerry Seinfeld in reference to the invention of the helmet.

"Apparently we were involved in a lot of activities that were cracking our heads. So we invented the helmet, a device that protects a brain that is functioning so poorly it is not even trying to prevent the cracking of the skull that it's in. We invented the helmet to continue our head cracking lifestyle."

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
By not wearing a seatbelt, you are only endangering yourself. Therefore it should be your choice.

Not entirely true, I've seen people thrown through the windshield of their car and through the windshield of another car, injuring the occupants. Also, in a rollover accident, a person not belted in will quite often injure or even kill others in the vehicle who are belted in.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Police/ambulances must respond to accident scenes. From a statistical point of view, it is more expensive to respond to a accident scene where the victim wasn't wearing a seat belt than one where the victim was. Driving on a gov't-funded road is a privilege and not a right. The government totally has a right to control costs and place conditions on the use of their property.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing that out Skibum.

Very good point uberarcanist.

Although I realize it is a statistical anomaly, my uncle lost the use of his legs when he drove into a moose at the age of 16. If he hadn't been wearing his seatbelt he would have had a chance to save himself.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The point of this thread has nothing to do with whether or not seat belts save lives. They obviously do save lives, this point is Fact.

The point to this thread is if you stuck your finger in a electrical light socket, you may die or be seriously injured because of it. Shouldn't this be against the law? or maybe it is?

How many here use their power tools without safety glasses? Should there be a law added here? or maybe it is?

Seatbelt laws are not there to protect other people they are there to protect you from making a bad decision that could cause you injury or even death.

Do we really need or government making laws about decisions we make as a adults?

Do we adults need our governments guiding hand about decisions like these??

The mandatory insurance is a part of this plot.

If you buy a car, you pay your taxes, then you must get it registered and licensed, and you must show proof of insurance. If the cops pull you over, you must show them Your Papers, your license and registration and proof of insurance.

See how easy we have become conditioned?

In America we also have roadblocks, they call them sobriety check points.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by ah crap]

[edit on 20-10-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
When it affects only you!

I agree with the OP, it should be a choice... for the driver. The passengers, however, are at the mercy of the driver's abilities and a driver could cause the death of another.

Still, I could see how you could argue that it's should be a choice.

However, what if you are seated in the back? A person could refuse to wear a seatbelt, in a collision, they may be propelled forward and kill a person in the front who CHOOSES to wear a seatbelt and disagrees with the rear seat passenger exercising their right NOT to wear one.

This means someone could have a legal choice to mortally endanger another.

Actually, I agree it is nanny state, just thought I'd play devil's advocate for a reason unknown to me at this time.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
In a free country it should be you're choice to wear a seatbelt or not. Sadly, this is not a free country. If you want to be stupid and not wear one, that should be you're choice. 17 year olds and younger, yes, it should be mandatory. Over 18 it should be your choice. And how can you make somebody wear a seatbelt in a car, but there are none on motorcycles?

There's a couple of hundred thousand accidents every year located in the bathroom of the home. Think of all the "safety" the government could force on us to lower that! Mandatory helmets in the bathroom, hip pads for the elderly, etc...

IMO, seatbelt laws are to increase municipal revenue, an excuse to pull someone over and search for something else, all under the guise of "safety."

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Files

Files, You know Seatbelts may save lives, and hell I would agree with you because a seatbelt saved my life, but just the same, a seatbelt killed my aunt... She got rear ended by a big truck, and the truck hit her so hard the seat belt cut her right open and the paramedics didn't get there in time to save her. I think it would be a good thing if wearing a seat belt would be optional... because then the people that are frail wouldn't die so easily. I hate cars now, and I hate seat belts even more... like I said one may have saved my life, but one killed a member of my family... that isn't right.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If you climbed a tree, you could fall out and hurt yourself, or even fall on top of someone, hurting or killing them, so lets make a law about that. Where are your papers for climbing that tree.

We should also make rules against fishing, you might hook yourself, or hook one of you closest friends, the wound could get infected and blaaamo your dead.

Here ya go LAWN TRACTORS We need seatbelt and other laws to enforce on these things too. Excuse me sir, you need a helmet to cut your lawn, and sir I'm gonna need to see your papers.

Food will be next.

Sorry madam, that big mac is illegal in this county, because you adults are not capable of making the correct decisions so we your beloved government will do it for you.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
LDF...I've been a mate of yours for a while now, and from my POV its cool for mates to disagree and still have a beer at the end of the day whatever happens...
I do hope after this post, we are still cool...We are from my POV anyways

There is little doubt seatbelts reduce injuries in serious road accidents...Of course, in a very few incidences they actually cause more damage than not wearing one, but research in many countries around the world conclude the risks far outweigh the benefits of wearing one...

I for one would much rather take my chances of a sheared liver over being thrown into a windscreen and ending up non responsive any day...

I don't feel this is the NWO of Big Brother or whatever legislating in this case...I believe it is a case of statistics of road trauma around the world which has resulted in a concerted effort to implore people to wear seat belts in order to reduce the death toll from vehicle collisions...

Yes, I come from a family who lost someone to road trauma who was not wearing a seatbelt...Did this change my view of this ? No...I have always worn a seatbelt as both a driver and passenger since I got my license 18 yrs ago...

Peace

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
If you climbed a tree, you could fall out and hurt yourself, or even fall on top of someone, hurting or killing them, so lets make a law about that. Where are your papers for climbing that tree.

We should also make rules against fishing, you might hook yourself, or hook one of you closest friends, the wound could get infected and blaaamo your dead.

Here ya go LAWN TRACTORS We need seatbelt and other laws to enforce on these things too. Excuse me sir, you need a helmet to cut your lawn, and sir I'm gonna need to see your papers.

Food will be next.

Sorry madam, that big mac is illegal in this county, because you adults are not capable of making the correct decisions so we your beloved government will do it for you.

Ha! I've been reading through this thread, and I cannot BELIEVE what I'm seeing. This quote above by LDragonfire makes the best point of them all. Thank you for posting this.

Why do people complain about their freedoms being lost when they are clearly ADVOCATING it. Tell me, does the gov't know what's best for you? Should they have the right to tell you they do? and then enforce it by law? The point is that in a FREE country, we do what we want as long as it doesn't infringe upon others. People on this forum are being hypocritical, and this topic clearly demonstrates that.

Again, point well made LDragonFire.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
LDF...I've been a mate of yours for a while now, and from my POV its cool for mates to disagree and still have a beer at the end of the day whatever happens...
I do hope after this post, we are still cool...We are from my POV anyways

Same here
I like debating friends on subjects, it wouldn't be much of a discussion if everybody agreed.

There is little doubt seatbelts reduce injuries in serious road accidents...Of course, in a very few incidences they actually cause more damage than not wearing one, but research in many countries around the world conclude the risks far outweigh the benefits of wearing one...

This is Fact

I for one would much rather take my chances of a sheared liver over being thrown into a windscreen and ending up non responsive any day...

Absolutely

I don't feel this is the NWO of Big Brother or whatever legislating in this case...I believe it is a case of statistics of road trauma around the world which has resulted in a concerted effort to implore people to wear seat belts in order to reduce the death toll from vehicle collisions...

Agreement ends. How do you view the role of your government?

I agree with enviromental policies like the clean air and water acts. [bar any other conspiracy's related to these things]

I agree in the fact that our government regulates our food and drugs. [bar any other conspiracy's related to these things]

This is about as far as I want my government to govern what or what isn't healthy safe and or dangerous to me.

When is it going to be a law that you can only listen to this certain radio station while you drive.

Do we need a helmet law for cars and trucks, it would save some lives. Be hell on the hair- do's though.

Yes, I come from a family who lost someone to road trauma who was not wearing a seatbelt...Did this change my view of this ? No...I have always worn a seatbelt as both a driver and passenger since I got my license 18 yrs ago...

Peace

Most of us lost people this way
my condolences to you and yours. Its not the point of what the law accomplishes.

It just how far should the government go in making our decisions for us?

Seatbelt laws
Mandatory insurance
No Smoking Laws
No trans fat laws

I use a seat belt wherever I go

1 I'm conditioned to do so
a. Its for my own good and safety
b. Its the law

I'm very hard if not impossible to control, I question everything, and when these laws first came out I was Leary of them.

And I still Am.

And a beer would be Great
I'll buy the first pitcher!

[edit on 20-10-2007 by
]

[edit on 20-10-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Why would seat belt laws be a part of a NWO plot? Isn't it their plan to decrease the human population? So why save lives?

Fortunately, there are still some good people in our government that are willing to help save lives.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
How do you profit from not wearing a seatbelt? Are you defying the NWO, no. You're simply risking your life for no reason, I really don't think it goes any deeper than a law to protect lives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join