It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert announces presidential pursuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Link to Story

"I shall seek the office of the President of the United States," announced Colbert on his Comedy Central show Tuesday, as red, white and blue balloons fell around him. The comedian said he would run as both a Democrat and Republican. He earlier explained the strategy: "I can lose twice." He claimed three running mate possibilities: Colbert-Huckabee, Colbert-Putin or Colbert-Colbert.

As funny as this is, I wonder how many write-in's he will actually pull. I would vote for him if Ron Paul weren't in the ring. I can't wait to see where this goes.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hopefully it will go nowhere. This is ludicrous. The man is a comedian, not a politician. He has no experience running or governing anything that would lead any reasonable person to believe he is capable of holding a public office; much less President!

The only good that could possibly come of this is that it might pull some potential Hillary votes away from the Dem's.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Greetings....This man is an Idiot and he is not even funny....He is a kool aid drinking ,Pablum puking liberal....having said that he does meet the criterior neccessary to hold office...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Is he serious? He's a comedian, not a politician. How can anybody take him that seriously?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Link not working dude!

(At least nothing shows up in my browser.)

Peace

dAlen

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Since when do you have to be a politician to run for office?

It might be beneficial, but I don't think it is a necessity.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Your right, you don't need to be a politician. You just need to have a well-formed conscience and do whats right for the people and not get yourself caught in a conspiracy or a secret agenda like bush. I could do a better job than bush and i'm only 17.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Greetings......17 you have alot to learn....How do you know all these things about Bush....Did you study the facts ,evaluate the information and come to a well thought out conclusion....OR DID YOU JUST BELIEVE THE LAST PERSON YOU SPOKE TO...If the latter is the case than you have to consider that your source could be a liar or badly mistaken....Having said that Iam by no means supporting Bush.....But I truly know why..DO YOU..

top topics

join