It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot Piece Of Metal Falls From Sky, Into Car (What is it?)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

The last article I found was 18OCT07,

Yes it happened to a parked car, one witness said it sounded like an explosion.

It is strange,

An electrical accident/explosion would have been reported, making an easy explanation. -none were

You would think that there would have been some explanation and identification to close speculation.

When events like this go unexplained, conspiracy begins...

Especially here

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I was just checking back to see if anyone figured out what the object was. I thought for sure that someone would figure it out as I didn't think it was from space or something else unknown. I thought it was from some local event like power line, factory, etc. Tests could be done to at least tell the type and age of the metal. But since we haven't heard of anything conspiracy is possible. That is, conspiracy to keep the truth under lock and key. Maybe someone or some group made a mistake and don't want anyone to know. Also, crimes go unsolved all the time. Someone knows the truth and they aren't speaking up. A lot of times we never hear the outcome of news stories because the story is unremarkable though.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhamende
A lot of times we never hear the outcome of news stories because the story is unremarkable though.

I agree that alot of things go unaswered, but this is a remarkable story.

Some piece of metal crashes through the roof of a parked car!

FAA, thought it was remarkable enough to confiscate the metal, investigate and determine it wasn't from an aircraft. Then silence.

I haven't seen this reported by the national networks, though they are super quick to broadcast stories of pumpkins being tossed at vehicles from overpasses.

Pumpkin throwing - remarkable?

Unknown metal from unknown origin - remarkable?

I am more interested in the second. Yet no coverage.

A conspiracy there?

You bet..

[edit on 2007/10/31 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I didn't mean that the initial story was unremarkable, I was saying that maybe the reason for no follow up is because what really happened was unremarkable and wasn't newsworthy so they didn't bother to follow up.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So we don't know what the alloy is.

We have some good guesses as to what the metal piece could be.

As for the explosion sound, I note that some sounds sound differently to different people.
Either due to background, what they expect to hear and the location.

Note that two planks - even small ones - slapped together will sound very much like a shot.

And . . . as noted earlier a transformer failure will many times make an explosion type of sound which masks the sound of the electrical short most times.

Take a look at some of YouTube's electrical explosions.
Both transformers failing as well as lines short circuiting.
Interesting stuff.

Note as well that automobile bodies are constructed of fairly thin gage metal.
It isn't too difficult to drive both claws of a straight claw carpenters hammer through the sheet metal.
A rock pick as shown in my atavar goes through even easier....

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join