It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot Piece Of Metal Falls From Sky, Into Car (What is it?)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Hot Piece Of Metal Falls From Sky, Into Car (What is it?)

www.wnbc.com

STANTON, Del. -- A piece of metal fell from the sky and sliced through a sport utility vehicle's roof in Delaware, police said.

Police said the SUV's roof was sliced through after a twisted piece of metal about 16 inches long fell from the sky.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailytimesonline.com

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There is an image and video clip of the incident at the OP link.

What could this be? Part of a plane?

It is a twisted rod shape and caused considerable damage to the lady's car.

She was upset because her insurance company wants her to pay for the damage, I guess falling metal isn't covered in her policy.

ADD: In the second linked article the object was turned over to the FAA and one person says it didn't appear that this piece of metal came from a plane.

www.wnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ed:sp/info from 2nd article

[edit on 2007/10/17 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
pretty trippy.
don't look like a part of a plane to me and even if it was, why would it be 'smouldering'?

i like this part

"I'm assuming it fell out of the sky," Wilson said.

well, where else did it fall from?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How weird!

My first thought was that it could have been a part of an electricity power station and been loose,at was suddenly made live with millions of amps.
Then it shot off at high velocity,the way a screwdriver does if placed across the terminals of a car battery.

The massive current would also explain the heating of the metal.

Edit: the metal looks charred too,as it would after being fried with current.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That is the biggest piece of alien poop I have ever seen!!!

That is totaly bizzar, I hope she has someone look into it. I am curious though, if it was hot enough to melt through the top like that when it hit, why isnt the inside of her car burnt???

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That is wild. The shape looks like a meat hook for rail-hanging quarters of beef a bit. But smouldering? It must've been packing some pretty significant kinetics to do that to the SUV. Wow.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Definitely weird and dangerous, this could have killed someone.

I would keep an eye and ear out if this lady's car is allowed to be repaired.

If the FAA discovers that this metal is otherworldly wouldn't the gov't seize the vehicle to analyze what the object left in the car?

I would become suspicious If she is sporting a new ride in the near future.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I am curious though, if it was hot enough to melt through the top like that when it hit, why isnt the inside of her car burnt???

May be it punched through due to falling a long distance or the speed at which it was moving versus melting the roof.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yea, but they talk about it being a super hot piece of metal. It didnt even burn the paper it was sitting on. My guess is it is not from space. Anything from space would have definatly had enough heat to burn a darn piece of paper.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think the "super hot" phrase is a bit of media exagerration,because like you said,the car seat and papers were not burned.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Cyber-trash? Part of a defunct satellite? The heat was from it's journey through the atmosphere, possibly.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Maybe it was dropped from a plane or helicopter? Probably the most likely explanation. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm fairly certain that something that small wouldn't survive re-entry, so probably not space debris.

We'll probably never know.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
I'm fairly certain that something that small wouldn't survive re-entry, so probably not space debris.

I will take the what if scenario.

What if it is something from another world?

What if it is something made specificly to endure the types of heat generated from falling through atmospheres?

It would be cool if this were the case, but as you said

But it is fun to imagine.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Ah, the 'what if?' ey?

Well, if this was an alien artifact, I would hope that they would be hoofing it to the nearest garage. Hunks of metal falling off your craft can't be good.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I wonder how the Insurance company is handling this. ( good thing it wasn't a duck
)

Too many possibilities to say it was from outerspace. The only puzzling thing would be the 'super hot' addage to the item, but as already mentioned.... sensationalism sells

apc

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
The shape looks like a meat hook for rail-hanging quarters of beef a bit. But smouldering?

The grays must be getting lazy... getting cows straight from the slaughterhouses.

Litterbugs!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
HEHEHheheh,I love it apc,
What a great idea.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The FAA is still trying to figure out what fell from the sky but they don't believe it is from an aircraft.

Local airports and the Dover Air Force base said no reports of civilian or military aircraft reported losing any parts.

www.nbc10.com

...The FAA stepped in after a 16-inch piece of hot metal fell through the roof of the vehicle Monday afternoon outside a pharmacy on Main Street in Stanton, Del. One witness reported hearing a boom that sounded like an explosion...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Do we have any information as to what alloy it is?

Not the precise numerical designation since there are many different ones.

Check to see if there were any major power lines that faulted and the line physically went down due to failure.

The higher voltage conductors have a steel reinforcement core inside the stranded aluminum conductors wound around it.
Done for strength reasons because aluminum can't support itself over very long spans.

Characteristically, when an aluminum conductor fails due to a short circuit you'll find little short pieces of individual strands have showered the area.
Usually 1" - 3" or so long.

One interesting phenomena is if a line goes down onto a sandy area and remains energized for a while you'll find some strangely shaped globules of glass due to the heat etc.

Are there any photo's of the hole in the SV roof?

A large station transformer or even a small pole transormer could have been responsible if they failed.

An abrupt failure of a transformer makes an explosion type noise.

Failure or even a short circuit of power lines of virtually any voltage sounds exactly like a very large arc welder striking the initial arc.

Pieces of a transformer failing can eject components at very high speed.

Drop a 22 rimfire bullet - the lead piece only - onto a car roof from a 30'- 50' height (which is a typical height of distribution level poles and I doubt you'd get much more than a paint scratch.
More than likely not even a small dent.

Fired from a rifle that same 22 rimfire bullet has a lot of speed on - 1100 to 1300 FPS (Feet Per Second) the usual and you'd have a hole in the body sheet metal.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

There is a video clip and images of the metal and the damage done to the car in the OP article.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join