It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesity 'not individuals' fault'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
Have you ever seen a fat athlete?

uhh, yeah

linemen for football
www.geocities.com...

^^was in ufc 2

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

I'm have more muscle mass now than I did then. That was about 3 months ago after I was finished with a fast. I weighed right under 135 lbs in that picture. I'm a steady 142. That's 7 more pounds of lean muscle. Watch out, man! haha.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

i don't understand what you mean by saying she wants the easy way out..can you explain please?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Well, like "fad diets." People are sold on this idea that this "diet" is their savior. it's going to relieve them of all the stresses of gaining weight, getting older, etc... But they're selling her a lie that may work temporarily but can't be sustained for the rest of her life. She see's these people on television saying "YOU CAN GET SKINNY LIKE THIS IN A MONTH!" She's receptive to that, as you said she's tried several fad diets, and she instills trust in them and gets sold like everyone else. She sticks to it, drops weight, can't sustain the diet and gains it all back. It's the vicious cycle of not eating balanced... Or correctly.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
I did something about it by adopting a vegetarian diet. ...And no fad diet got me there.

Glad that works for you, but that would be radical for me.

I don't work out anymore. I'm as ripped as ever.

That's because being "ripped" is just an expression that reflects your BFP(Body fat percentage). Everyone has a 6 pack abs, we just don't get to see it unless our BFP dips below 10%. That said, I'm still jealous. I have a hard time (mentally) putting myself in that range. Kudos for you.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

140 here. I'm gaining on you quick, buddy!

I think paranoia is getting to me. Defending all those muslims every other thread makes me worry that I shouldn't post my face in pictures.. Oh well.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

ok..you're talking about my mom and all the retarded diets she try's?
i agree.

thought you were talking about my wife....was gonna ask you to please don't.

thanks for clearing it up....

correct about my mom though...just wants the easy loss and bitches about everything and why she don't have time to make this and buy that...
it's annoying really.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I know that. People think genetics play a huge role in getting abs. It's just not true. Under that natural winter blanket, we all have some sort of abdominal muscle. A lot of guys psych themselves out of hard work and persistance because they're told by so many people they can't achieve that. I felt the same way when I was 180. Surprise, surprise.

link   

reply to post by paul76

140 here. I'm gaining on you quick, buddy!

I think paranoia is getting to me. Defending all those muslims every other thread makes me worry that I shouldn't post my face in pictures.. Oh well.

Are you the dog?

link   

...that easy way out just like badge01 and everybody else.

Dude, what easy way out?

My dieting is complete and successful. I'm 195lbs, at 15% bodyfat and can generate 400 watts and ride circles around guys here half my age.

I've got 16" biceps, 17" calves, 22" quads and 32" waist - bodybuilder's physique - at age 50+.

Write back when you're 50 and we'll compare notes, Um'kay?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

In no way would I disrespect you or anybody elses wife. Not that pointing a problem with trying fad diets would be an insult. I still don't think it's a lot of people's fault that they get sucked into loss weight quick schemes, you know? All people want to do is look better and healthier, all along these snake oil salesman are making another batch of "get slim quick."

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

In no way would I disrespect you or anybody elses wife. Not that pointing a problem with trying fad diets would be an insult.

no man, everything is cool.
just didn't know what you were saying...thats why i asked....
pointing out a fad diet would not be an insult...just wanted to know if you were talking about my sweetie or not

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

You're so arrogant. I regret wasting the 10 seconds everytime I look at one of your posts...

MEAT IS BAD FOR YOU. You still probably won't get it or come up for why it's really good for you. I've done more than enough of my fair share of research on the matter before I became a vegetarian.

You have no idea the benefits of my diet. My quality of diet is 10 times more healthy than your fad one. You have to grill up a dead animal to make sure you won't gain any weight while single handedly clogging your digestional tract. I hang out all day and work a bar at night and still have an 8 pack.

Oh, and 1993 called. Buff is out.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Hahaha... God I wish. Sleep all day. No work. Just hang out and eat free food. I wish. I wonder if the guys in the science department are working on anything like that. I'd be down for preliminary trials.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Same here I'm jealous of my parrot. He does nothing but be his beautiful self.
Humans have it rough in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

Originally posted by paul76
Have you ever seen a fat athlete?

uhh, yeah

linemen for football
www.geocities.com...

^^was in ufc 2

Jesus H Christ now that's what I call a dead man walking. He's got some serious boobs going on there!!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Arrogant? Maybe on this topic.

Still you haven't proven your original assertion, that eating meat causes your kidneys to self-destruct.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I love my life. I meet and hang out with beautiful women, walk away with 100+ dollars in tips on a good night plus 9/hr for just being there. I have an amazing car, nice place, and a 1700 dollar laptop that is virus free thanks to the tech guys here at ATS.

I'm 21. I've got looks. Have my youth. Have my health. Have a good head on my shoulders. And am envied by 50 year old men who wish they had my life.

All and all, I think I'm right where I want to be.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Probably a simpler way to put it is, you need to be pH balanced, on the alkaline side, not the acidic, but only slightly.

The white sugar, dairy, meat, etc etc thing is basically acid causing.
so supplement your diet with alkaline based foods every day. get the pH balanced and the other organs that use the chemicals your foods are composed of, will respond favorably.

you don't have to stop eating meat, but you do have to balance that pH and since most veggies are naturally more alkaline, it's reasonable to see why they would be good for you.

a real shocker is that organic salt is actually good for you, too. not table salt, but organic crystal salt, and organic sea salt. not in large amounts either. but a pea-sized crystal every couple of days, is good. it feeds the adrenal glands which get worn out from the western diet and lifestyle. table salt has had all the essential minerals and trace minerals removed, and iodine added. i'm allergic to iodine, which means table salt is especially bad for me.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by undo]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Arrogant? Maybe on this topic.

Still you haven't proven your original assertion, that eating meat causes your kidneys to self-destruct.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Badge01]

I never said "self destruct." You're manipulating the terms to make it sound more severe than I originally stated. Meat, whether beef, pork, or poultry is bad for your digestive tract. Bad for your colon, kidneys, and your heart. High protein diets are linked with reduced kidney function. With Americans eating the way they are, we have enough trouble with our kidneys and meat puts added pressure on it's already lackluster performance. Plant protein has zero effect on kidney performance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join