It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Rod DEBUNKED!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Long time reader first time poster, I just got back from a camping trip in Washington and while I was there I was taking advantage of my new Nikon D40 and I was trying to shoot a small swarm of bugs over a stream. With no intent of capturing a rod I shot away at the bugs, well when I got home I was shocked to find flying rods all over the picture!

Not just one rod but many! Or should I say bug? Here are some of the shot's I took, there not very clear due to me messing with settings on the camera )which I had no clue what I was doing lol) but you really see what I'm talking about, not only do you see the "rods" but there is also a couple pics of the same spot and there not stretched like in most rod photos.

Let me know what you guys think or if this has already been debunked and I'm just wasting my time!

Cheers,

i167.photobucket.com...

i167.photobucket.com...

i167.photobucket.com...

mod edit: changed image tags to url tags.

Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Here's some Scottish midges.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It's been brought up numerous times, that rods could be longer exposures of bugs etc.

What's more interesting are the NASA footage of rods flying around in Earths upper atmosphere and in space itself. It's video footage taken over a good length of time. Longer exposure here with video evidence, can be thrown out of the window.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

Did you guys miss the pics where the bugs don't look like rods? There just bugs, that's why I included the pics of them not looking like rods. I was standing right there, just bugs.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Wigit you must know what I'm talking about, did you take that picture?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Recluse420, I didn't miss them. I thought it was cool that you included them. Shows what can happen when you're messing with the camera settings. You turned ordinary bugs into otherworldly creatures.

Nice work.

The only thing beyond that would be if someone was video taping the whole thing so everyone could see that it wasn't faked. I believe you, but there are probably still some doubters.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If you go onto the rod website and watch their videos you will see how ridiculous the rod phenomenon is. In the jungle video you can clearly see hundreds of dragon flys flying over the cave. There cameras just seem to be recording insects flying.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hhmm, I feel motivated to capture this on camera and get a final debunking. What do you guys think I should do to put a nail in this one for good?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recluse420
reply to post by wigit

Wigit you must know what I'm talking about, did you take that picture?

I know exactly what you're talking about. I took pics on various settings and deleted all but this. Some of my other pics showed 'rods' the same length (and even longer) than yours. I'm very interested in UFOs but not rods. However there might be some genuine ones lost amongst the hoaxes and 'mistakes', though nothing I've seen so far has convinced me, or caught my interest.Then there's the white balls or orbs. Most of them I see in videos are insects, dandelion seeds, balloons or whatever caught on camera out-of-focus. Though, having seen a couple of fast moving white balls shooting along a daylight sky against the wind I know there's something unusual there, (sometimes). I take loads of pics of the sky but I'm looking to catch an unmistakable 'craft' and not blurs, and when I get one I'll post the pics on ATS and I know they'll call it CGI, lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Great post OP, It has been debunked but the debate still rages on all across the net! You have just helped solidify the arguement against rods!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

Right on! I'm kinda motivated to post some of my weather and chem trail pics now!

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recluse420
reply to post by Smugallo

Right on! I'm kinda motivated to post some of my weather and chem trail pics now!
Looking forward to seeing them. I've plenty of trail pics too.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What are te chem trails? I've heard a lot of people talking about them but am still unsure what the fuss is about?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Recluse420

That does it alright, just as Jose describes them.

But what about the Zeppelin sized ones like flu by the 9/11 towers.

The good one:
www.youtube.com...

The dis info one... incorrectly off sets the motor plasma streams:
Duh, its 3 dimensional .... and Tesla would not design it that way.
A little bit of over analysis.

www.youtube.com...
Put up one month after the first... mind control is first priority
of the Zecret Government when Tesla secret are concerned.

[edit on 10/19/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Sorry, I'm not convinced. Now if we could see that it clearly went behind the plane that would be odd. The long body with twin pairs of wings is debatable too. I took a film of this in '01 and find it odd but I'm still sure it's a beastie, or maybe I saw the first robofly, lol? Taken from my video -
Another still where the picture has been de-interlaced, so you can see it has one pair of wings and not two.
The reason I find this insect slightly odd is that is appears to have a large head area and has a long wing on one side and short wing on the other but it glided very fast across the screen and must have been quite high up too. I was focussed on the contrail but the black line is a BT cable about 15ft up.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The whole Rods phenomenom has died thankfully as it was a total embaressment for the conspiracy movement.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

You mean trying to hoax a zeppelin into a bug.

I agree. The TV spot was around for years and some Air Force Officer
said it was a rod.
I said it was a quad Tesla motor zeppelin.

And this guy read Lyne's pentagon aliens so he knew what to dis.

Jose and his bug movies.... get real... the secret government has them
and they might have flown Hitler in one to Disneyland for all we know.

Most likely when Eisenhower met with the Alien King.... that gave
Ike the heart attack seeing Hitler alive. (Alien King = Hitler)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

top topics

join