It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Else Heard this Dragon Theory???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The idea of Dragons has long fascinated me as well. I am not a diehard dragonhead, but have often pondered why most of the major civilizations included a version in their mythos. Perhaps to explain dinosaur bones, perhaps they were real, we do not know why...

I do think that the idea that 'fire-breathing' dragons seems far fetched if the 'fire' is fire as we know it in burning the campfire. But there are cobras that spit and chemicals that ignite when exposed to oxygen, such as when phosphorus is used as a weapon

These weapons are particularly dangerous to exposed people because white phosphorus continues to burn unless deprived of oxygen or until it is completely consumed, in some cases burning right down to the bone.

When I was in High School we had a Vietnam Vet come and speak to us who was hit in the chest with a Willy Pete and knocked into a river. The intial burns somehow cauterized over, and he was sent to the trauma unit. When they 'opened' him up to get at the grenade shrapnel, his chest cavity caught on fire. I am not exactly sure how he survived, or how they were able to control the burns. He was completely mangled, not to be disrespectful, I think back to wondering how he was even able to function.

So to me, the idea of a 'fire-breathing' dragon (dinosaur?) could make a lot of sense if it had a venom that it spit that when exposed to oxygen 'created fire'. I am not sure how this 'trait' would 'evolve', but perhaps dragons are dinosaurs who were genetically engineered as bio weapons, and once the 'rulers' who created them were vanquished (retreated to space?) some of the dragons escaped to various parts of the earth and had to be slain by St. George and the others. That seems entirely possible if one is willing to accept that perhaps a past civilization was on earth, and was more advanced technologically than we are today.

DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hmm,

what about this?

Perhaps our predecessors discovered an intact species of dinosaur that was covered in feathers (since a great deal of researchers and the like feel some of them were), perhaps frozen ala the mammoth that was found almost 100% intact with food still in it's belly and thus the dragon myth was born?

It's possible since they would likely have associated a creature covered with feathers to have the ability to fly.

Hmm, who knows? Not I! But the idea fascinates me haha.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
primitive cultures might have mistaken UFOs for dragons. They are sometimes fiery. Also, some aliens are said to be reptilian.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!very true, it makes perfect sense and even the bibble suggest it!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I was idly watching Eragon even as I half-remembered images from an article in a current issue of the Natty G, and I dully formulated a theory which could be supported by both myth (and the memes which control the input and output of myth) as well as science (through evidence gained from the analysis of different fields)...

The dinosaur bones are not dinosaur bones at all. These were in fact the remains of different types of dragons which co-existed with mankind from distant ages. The accepted paradigm of science only postulates a "general idea" of this world's age which restricts the evolutionary span of various species to a mere eyeblink in the mind of Brahma, but myths could in fact be the remnants of the knowledge of dead civilizations of humanity and other sentient beings who had co-existed with us in forgotten times.

There are also guardians of this ordinary, accepted paradigm of science which rigidly adheres to the sordid and fabricated "theory" that dinosaurs died eons ago and never encountered humans. It was humanity's greed for power which caused us to drain the ley dragon lines which web this world and kill the creatures who had evolved in the emanations from the ley lines.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
in many ancient cultures dragons were protectors of the elite, even gods in their own rite.. consider if you will an advanced technololgy rather than a "real" animal..

look familiar?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
well i got the answer for the hydrogen theary,

the bones on a dragon is not hallow but with the fire theary with hydrogen,
is that dragons have a certian type of glan that is locatide on both sides of the throut and with the oxygen and hydrogen mixes with those glans it performs a liquid combustion with the dragons syliva, exsaple it's like taking a squirt gun with gasoline and haveing a larg open flame, kindof like a flame thrower.

"just dont ask me where i get this info from, you all will probly think im a stupid, some sycho, or some kind of a dumb!#@ well you know".

[edit on 3/5/08 by Draco87]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have be tring to find a way to get my frends to listen to me when it comes to my strong and long lasting love of DRAGONS if you pick any reptile... snakes what dragon has a long body... water dragons. now, whats a long dragon with one small change, fethers, I mean eastern dragans, give it wings and you have a mexican dragon of the aztec, more legs no fethers and you now have a western dragon... see a patern!

anonymously,
DRAGONS BLOOD 94

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There was a film on animal Planet about Dragons that got scientists together to postulate how a dragon might have breathed fire had they actually existed...I saw it and it was fascinating - I've put the link up to the preview...will look for a link to the vid and post it if I can find one - so while the scientists are not claiming these creatures are real they did put their heads together to figure out how it might be possible...deffo worth a watch...

animal.discovery.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The idea of dragons probably came from dinosaur bones, right? I can't see how any adult can possibly believe in dragons.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Maybe the chemical formula for dragon fire was something similar to Greek fire. Very hard to put out, resistant to water, and lasts a substantial amount of time. Add to the fact that their bones could've been hollow, as others suggested before me, to support their flight, the fire could have disentegrated their bones. This of course suggests that the chemical was also sensative to oxygen so when it hit air, it caught flame.

I'm trying. : )

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
well its a good thought, but laws of nature say that animals adapt to something like that or the species wouldnt make any farther than a microbial organism that uses flamable acid. So its not a good theory. But it was a good thought. Im also a dragon lover, and i think i found a theory your friend should read the dragonology books. They are not just little kid stuff, they have excellent theories. Dr. Ernest Drake is a great dragon fanatic. Too bad he is dead.

Happy Learning!

-Dragon Dom

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Intresting theory, never heard that one before. seems a bit too conveinent if you ask me. There well may have been dragons in time past but i doubt they were fire breathing treasure hording hundred foot long massive flying reptiles.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It is very hard to prove that anything in the distant past or beyond our knowledge may exist... if it did. Our race likes to think we have things in order, our science, and our ability to discover and make sense of what was once here.

But the larger fact is how little we actually know, and how much more we are discovering as we become more efficient and advanced. Many theorize that Dragons were an intelligent race... possibly more intelligent than we. If that were the case, then we may never know completely. Or it may have been predesigned that we were to discover the Dragonkind sometime in the future when we are sufficiently ready.

We all know this routine. Same deal with the government and UFO's... how information was blocked from the public for years, (because we weren't ready).

I have felt as if, somewhere beyond our current level of understanding, dragons do exist, and we'll find them some time in the future. I also, as in this thread, like to speculate because sometimes it opens up a new avenue for ideas... and things are a little farther along.

So, yeah. I'm always glad to read a new theory and see a new idea. Especially about Dragons, because I have a similar interest in them.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
i forgot the movie i was watching but they were talking about how it is possible for the dragons to fly and breath fire the movie said the bones were like birds bones the belly of the dragon had a gas lighter then air ie:helium hydrogen or some other chemical and there teeth were made of flint so the clicked there teeth and breathed they would create a flame

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
I read an article a while ago about Alien contact, and it went onto say that humans dig up bones from ancient skeletons that are actually Alien, but they put them together to make dinosaur skeletons 'because it makes more sense to us.' That was told by somebody who had apparently spoken to Aliens in secret bases.

We could be mistaking Dragon bones for dinosaurs, but then who would really know anyway?

The second movie idea...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
... I think the legend of dragons was born from man's early interaction with a surviving band of Pterodactyls ...... if i spelled that right ...

... Myths tend to grow and exxagerate over time ...... Rumour is that some of these creatures can still be found in New Guinea.... with reports continuing to this day.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The only thing that naturally breaths fire is a volcano. Maybe that's why you always had to fight dragons at the tops of mountains....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
One theory about dragons seems to always get overlooked, it seems. The idea that dragons were actually some evolution of a shark that developed the ability to fly. This would explain most of the problems with finding bones, as most sharks don't actually have any. Maybe the Megalodon teeth that have been found were actually dragon teeth?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join