It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Else Heard this Dragon Theory???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
While I have never been the type to obsess over dragons, I do find them very interesting in the perspective of whether or not they truly existed. However, I DO have a very good friend who is a true dragon fanatic and he ran across a dragon theory that I had never heard before.

This is the brief summation he passed on to me, unfortunately he couldn't find the resource where he had initially read this theory.

=Dragons existed
=They did indeed breathe fire as a result of a certain body/blood chemical makeup that allowed them to expell this "solution" and it created intense flames upon contact with the open air.
=As a result of this chemical makeup, as the dragons died and as they decomposed the chemical was exposed to the open air as a result of decomposition and the dragons and their bones were basically cremated. This is the reason we find no remains.

While I see no way this could EVER be proven (or disproven for that matter), I do find the theory quite fascinating.

I was wondering if any of you have also heard this theory and may possibly be able to provide me with a resource to read further into this. I have tried google with little success.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I have never heard that before. To me it sounds like a theory that was created out of a need to explain why the bones haven't been found. It is a tad convenient if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I agree, seems to prefect that no bones have not been found, the fact is that we probably have found dragon bones, just discarded them as something else or another species.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
My opinion is that dragons existed world wide, they did breath a 'hot something' that could have been confused with or was similar to 'fire'. And the ones in China did fly.

I few years ago I had lunch with a guy who knew all about dragons and had some very interesting theories.

I will look around today and see if I can find him and get the details of all of this.

I have always been fascinated with dragons and I have them all over my den in pewter, clay, glass, silver, brass and on letter openers, stationary, key chain and a bunch of other stuff. Man, they are all over the place.

Thanks for starting this thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I read an article a while ago about Alien contact, and it went onto say that humans dig up bones from ancient skeletons that are actually Alien, but they put them together to make dinosaur skeletons 'because it makes more sense to us.' That was told by somebody who had apparently spoken to Aliens in secret bases.

We could be mistaking Dragon bones for dinosaurs, but then who would really know anyway?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Be careful John, before you know it someone will be saying that you said the SCOTM was placed there by dragons.

I kid, of course. Some people really do have a penchant for distorting what you say around here.

And yw for starting the thread.

Jasn

EDIT: John, did you get a chance to talk to your daughter for me?

[edit on 16-10-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

Hmmm possible, though it does seem a bit of a reach. Of course, so does the theory I heard haha.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Cremating a human body takes alot of time , and a lot of sustained heat. Must be one heck of a fire to burn something that size to ash that fast. Although I doubt it, I would love it to be right, if only to find out which artistic interpretation of dragons was correct.

Wayne...

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wasn't this essentially the plot to the movies "Reign of Fire" and "Flight of the Dragons" ?

But even so, you can't reall jsut call on some vague "chemical solution" that doesn't really explain anything. You'd need to state what this solution is, how it works, and how it can be created biologically. Then you'd need to explain why only some (in fact, few IIRC) dragon myths actually have them breathing fire.

EDIT: To add to the above, cremation only removes flesh, bone is still left over. The bones need to be pulverized, which is what makes them into "ashes".

wiki

After the incineration is completed, the bone fragments are swept out of the retort, and the operator uses a pulverizer called a cremulator[3] (also known informally as a crembola[citation needed]) to process them into what are known as cremains which exhibit the appearance of grains of sand (note that this varies with the efficiency of the cremulator used, and recognizable chips of very dry bone may be seen in some final product cremated remains, depending on origin and facility). Cremulators usually use some kind of rotating or grinding mechanism to powder the bones, such as the heavy metal bearings on older models.[4]

[edit on 10-16-2007 by Esoterica]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

It's not my theory haha, so I really can't be anymore specific. If you'll notice, I told it how it was related to me.

That's why I was looking to see if anyone else had heard and it might possibly point me in the direction of some better research material.

Jasn

EDIT TO ADD: The U.S. Government claims that jet fuel can incinerate entire human bodies in an instant. Maybe crematoriums need to look into this? hahahah

[edit on 16-10-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away.......

No sorry, that is not what I was going to say but it was a long time ago that I read somewhere, and I can't remember where, that the reason dragons could breath fire and fly was that they produced a super lighter than air gas such as hydrogen.

The dragon was very lightly built like birds with hollow bones and the body having many cavities acted like a gas bag, the gas being flammable could produce fire, not sure what the ignition source was though.

Why the heck did I remember that.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

I agree that they existed worldwide, they may not have breathed fire maybe some type of acid. I would love to hear more from this friend of yours.

Good thread OP

If they used acid, then it is possible that there would be little or no remains

[edit on 16-10-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
How about this....

Some guy finds dino bones, and being the dark ages, or some ancient time period or location of your choice where peole were generaly ignoant to the past existance of large reptile creatures, he uses the bone to proclaim himself as a "Dragon Slayer" to score free food and glory to survive?

Dragons were...dinosaures bones used to make a living. Much like fake carnival shows of the 1800's.

Then again I subscribe to the notion that the simple solution is usually the correct one.

I mean, if you find a car crashed into a tree at 3:00 a.m. it is most likely that someone fell asleep at the wheel, had too much to drink, and they dodged a animal that came from the darkness.

I doubt that the blinding lights of a UFO, or boogfoot, or some trans dimentional portal casue the road accident. Sometimes I think you all try to find the most outlandish reason first, then debate how that reson would be "real".

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKnight

Actually, "we" just look for answers.

I'm sure you haven't heard the old saying, but it goes something like this.

ALL myths have SOME factual basis.

I, personally, think there IS a simple explanation for dragons. However, just because there is a simple one, it doesn't mean it's the OBVIOUS one.

Why is it that people like YOU always seem to have new accounts and almost no ATS points? Could it be because you are ONLY here to contribute to the ignorance of ATS and can't hold your own well enough to have a long term account?

Who knows?

Remember, almost all things we take for granted now were once looked at as "silly" and/or "stupid" by the majority.

Man can fly? Who'd a thunk it?

Jasn

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yes, I've heard of something similar to what you posted. Not sure if I fully believe in them beyond just being reptiles, reflected as myths. Though, I am open to finding out the reality behind them.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Originally posted by sherpa

No sorry, that is not what I was going to say but it was a long time ago that I read somewhere, and I can't remember where, that the reason dragons could breath fire and fly was that they produced a super lighter than air gas such as hydrogen.

The dragon was very lightly built like birds with hollow bones and the body having many cavities acted like a gas bag, the gas being flammable could produce fire, not sure what the ignition source was though.

I believe that that is exactly what the guy said.

That is a little weird.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away.......

That was the cartoon movie Flight of the Dragons. The dragons ate some rocks which released a very light gas when digested. They also had "honeycomb" bellies which stored the gas. Pretty sure that the hollow bones were in there too. Reading your description, the scene where they explain this immediately came to me. Must be a pretty memorable scene since we both remember it.

[edit on 10-16-2007 by Esoterica]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Originally posted by Esoterica

That was the cartoon movie Flight of the Dragons. The dragons ate some rocks which released a very light gas when digested. They also had "honeycomb" bellies which stored the gas. Pretty sure that the hollow bones were in there too. Reading your description, the scene where they explain this immediately came to me. Must be a pretty memorable scene since we both remember it.

Thanks for the post Esoterica but no cigar for you. I don't remember anything about eating rocks or honeycomb bellies, but hey, nice try.

Thanks again for the post.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
No I like to talk about things that may lead to real progress, like the development of BWB technology.

Topics like this are best left for 3rd graders.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Originally posted by MrKnight

No I like to talk about things that may lead to real progress, like the development of BWB technology.

Topics like this are best left for 3rd graders.

Thanks for the post MrKnight. I disagree. I think many myths and legends have a real life foundation.

Its only our education system that limits our knowledge.

I believe that that there is a secret division of the Smithsonian Institution that deliberately and skillfully hides any knowledge of this type.

If you are predisposed to BWB technoolgy I respectfully invite you to those threads.

But thanks for dropping in, your comments, as uninformed as they are, are greatly appreciated.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join