It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the IPHONE ailen tecnology

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i was just reading about the i phone and it has 8gb. of flash memory and this is 1gig. ten years ago

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That is certainly not a gigabyte hard drive from only ten years ago. More like 50 years or something.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
That is certainly not a gigabyte hard drive from only ten years ago. More like 50 years or something.

search for it on google thats how i found it and it said 10 years

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I owned a one gigabyte hard drive more than ten years ago. It was expensive, but not big like that!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I owned a one gigabyte hard drive more than ten years ago. It was expensive, but not big like that!

this is 40 years ago

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No. iPod classics, which are roughly the same size, hold 160GB.

The iPod and other contemporary technologies follow the regular arc of Moore's Law. Do some research and check out the work of futurists like Vernor Vinge or Ray Kurzweil, and maybe try a tech blog or two. Look up videos for cool gadgets and apps like Seadragon, Helio Displays, and Multitouch.

Although the iPhone certainly has implications as moving closer to tech like that which we've seen and read about in both popular science fiction and from reports of extraterrestrial contact. Even if some of these claims are falsified, the pure imagination that the contactees utilize to tell their story is sometimes pretty awesome.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xbrendanx

google isn't always the answer, thats why doctors don't like their patients google their symptoms

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The first 1 gigabyte drive was made by IBM in 1980, 27 years ago. By 1997 16.8 gig desktop drives were being mass produced:

www.pcworld.com...

[edit on 10/15/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbrendanx

this is 40 years ago

You're making me feel old; ten years ago I had a 1GB hard drive, I don't think I had particularly advanced computing hardware.

I'm sure if you ask anyone over 25 on here when they first purchased a 1GB HD you'll pretty soon realise that that first picture isn't representative of 1GB HD in 1997.

Your second picture did make me smile, however.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You gotta be kidding me. 'Attack of the Trolls' continues..

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Think of this.

That other hard drive you saw had a series of disks and arms used for storage.

The iPod and iPhone are solid state drives. They don't use the spinning disks and arms to hold data. Therefore, there is less space taken up.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xbrendanx

First of all, you can be sure that the IPhone is the result of ailen tecnology, as you wrote.

Second, solid state memory (very small transistors) has nothing to do with hard disks (magnetic storage like tape recorders but on the surface of one or more disks).

And even if that was the first 1GB hard disk, which I doubt (don't trust everything you see on the Internet, especially after a Google search, where the results are ordered by the number of links to that page or even by the amount paid to Google), that is not the first commercial 1GB hard disk and it was not 10 years ago.

The problem with many people is the fact that their ignorance of some subjects is not compensated by their yearning to learn about those same subjects, and so they use the first or most popular explanation for the things they do not understand.

So, before asking this type of question, please get a book (those things that have more or less the shape of an IPod but are bigger and made of paper
) or even through a Google search, but try to keep on sites that show some kind of background on the type of information you are looking for. If you are looking for UFOs, then a site about UFOs may be good enough, but if you want to compare a mobile phone with solid state memory with a hard disk then forget about UFO sites and keep the search on those sites that discuss or explain those type of things.

But it is always OK to ask, it may be the first step.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
that image is labeled "the first hard disk" not the first 1gb hard disk. It was probably more like 256MB if even that.

If it is alien technology, it is the long development off of an old piece of technology acquired long ago. Otherwise built by man alone.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I first read about the one gig hard drive in 1994, the year I began grad school.

It fit nicely into a desktop computer no large than most desktops of today.

At the time, that seemed like a ridiculously amount of storage to me.

Now, I have 160 gigs and that's considered minimal, even though I've never used more than about 16% of that space.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

i was just reading about the i phone and it has 8gb. of flash memory and this is 1gig. ten years ago

as i understand , flash memory and hard drives are 2 different types of memory storage components.

regular ipods have small hard drives, that's why they can hold so much space. but as the original poster mentioned, it's a 8gb flash memory stick.

im not sure if that's what the iphone has but i have a 2gb stick in my pocket pc and there's nothing alien about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Geez! Some people don't give the human race enough credit. Sad, really. As previously mentioned, everything is progressing along as Moore's law suggests it will. In many cases, computer technology advancements are the result of better manufacturing techniques, lower heat generation, and lower costs.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The nokia e70 has more than the i-phone on all aspects. Must be beyond alien technology.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
No, not Alien technology, just good old long overdue, American ingenuity, finally!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Nope,

The iPhone is your typical American made heap of crap. Not only is it completely useless and faulty, it's almost 6 years too late. I really don't see any influence from Alien technology on today's terrestrial tech. Hardware has been advancing as you'd expect it. Software (mainly games) has been pushing hardware into advancement.

Next.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
No, not Alien technology, just good old long overdue, American ingenuity, finally!

Ignoring the fact its a rip of an LG phone, lol (which is Korean).

To someone that hasnt followed technology in the last... 20 years or so... I suppose it can seem alien. And even IF one would listen to the guys claiming like everything comes from Roswell (including the mystery button "CAPS LOCK" that see quite common use on the internet), then todays technology is like 20th generation down the line and pretty much human ground up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join