It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The government is trying to take my newborn!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, just last night I had a premature little girl. She had been born at 32 weeks, so will need to stay in the hospital for a few weeks. Fair enough.
I was feeling just fine, so left the hospital to go home and work, since there is not much I can do for the little one right away.

Just today I get a call from the hospital telling me that the issue was turned over to child services because I left the hospital. They want to "take over custody and do what they want with her" ?? They were bringing up the fact that I had depression when I was 19, and severely drilling me about it.
Why would it matter that someone had depression as a teen? Is this a good reason to take their kid away several years later? Why are they allowed access to that kind of information?
They are really pushing on child services taking my kid. I am confused.

Anyone remember that there was a thread a while back on a huge conspiracy of many children in the US disappearing??

I just hope they cannot REALLY take my kid away from me because I had depression as a teen. Good thing that was the worst they could find on me. I guess I'd be screwed if they knew I had been picked up by police at 15, due to being out past curfew.

Anyone else have a similar experience?? What do I do about a premature baby that is stuck in the hospital for a few weeks, with the government pushing to take custody of her?????

HELP, or similar experiences? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You gave birth to a premature baby last night and left it in the hospital?
Why?

Why would you not stay there incase you were needed all of a sudden?

If you don't mind telling us, what happened that the baby was born premature?

Way, too many holes in this story.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sure. I had some complications with this pregnancy, mainly one called "Weakened cervix", which called for a "cerclage" to be put in place, basically to stitch and hold the cervix together to help carry longer.
Basically that did help to carry a few months longer. At 4 months, the water was exposed and coming out, this was the only hope to carry the baby longer.

I have a fear of hospitals as it is, who doesn't?
Also with knowing that labor could (and DID) happen at anytime, there was no way to plan for time off work on the due date. Plain and simple, I wanted to come home and work, and TOLD the hospital then and there that the baby's father and I would be in tonight to see the kid, and finish whatever other paperwork they wanted. They agreed, and let me go, expecting to see the father and I after I got off work TONIGHT. There was no word from them that they would be turning this over to child services.

I really had no idea that I would need to be there every second of everyday that my premature little one was stuck in NICU, or face losing her. And still have no idea what my depression as a teen has to do with anything.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ok I'm not trying to doubt your story but I agree with the above poster. Why would you leave the hospital? And then post here almost immediately after?
Wouldn't you be concerned about your child whether or not you could do anything? Having a child of my own I can tell you I would be at that hospital until they made me go home.
Perhaps you are not over your depression or you have other issues to work on but I would agree with the hospital in this case because it looks like abandonment or child neglect. You just don't simply leave.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
im no expert but depression as a teen has a lot to do with it. there is no cure for depression. and i think it a little odd that you had the child last night and left already. im realy trying to be fair and ballanced here but i would assume that has everything to do with why they are taking your baby. i dont think its a government conspiricy. maybe you should get a lawyer cause it dosent sound like there is much you are gonna be able to do with out one....

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i find this shocking! Is this to say that none of the people working in the nursery wing have ever had depression either?

Keep us posted as this thread really captured my concern.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry honey...As a mom, I am dubious that any hospital, anywhere would release any woman 24 hours after child birth, natural or not. If you left the hospital it was most likely against the advise of a physician and certainly against the best interest of your newborn. Clearly your actions are not normal nor are they maternal in the typical sense.

I mean really, most people look for any reason to skip work and you are looking to get back as soon as possible? Why? Do you run a meth house?

I smell a rat...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This sounds very wrong. What are you supposed to do... live in the hospital for a couple weeks until your child is released?

And depression as a teen... lol, which teen doesn't suffer from depression at least once?

Very disturbing, at least based on your side of the story.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Well, just last night I had a premature little girl.

Just today I get a call from the hospital telling me that the issue was turned over to child services because I left the hospital.

Anyone remember that there was a thread a while back on a huge conspiracy of many children in the US disappearing??

Are you serious?

With all do respect if this is true why are you posting here then? Because you read some speculative thread on missing children? That thread didn't have any concrete answers to the phenomenon let alone who or what was behind the theory. There was no conclusion drawn one way or another...it doesn't even seem to relate to your experience at all.

Your child would be "removed" not "kidnapped/missing". In most cases you could even get the child back.

Although I find it quite odd that you would leave your child next day with no relative there at all, I can possibly understand your reasoning behind it. It's still a pretty bizarre thing to do nevertheless if it's done and you're being investigated for it (perhaps rightfully so) why aren't you contacting relatives, friends, lawyers, and checking with the child protective services to explain your case if not find out what the next step is?

Why are you wasting time to get opinions from the members here?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
BTW - If your story is in fact true (not!)...I think you should look for answers in your own signature...

signature
If the world really is against you, it is usually for good reason.

[edit on 15/10/2007 by kosmicjack]

[edit on 15/10/2007 by kosmicjack]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Did you check out of the hospital or just leave on your own?

That could be the problem, IF, you just left without thier permission or release, how were they to know that you'd be back to care for the child?

I still feel that we're not getting the whole story from you, sorry....

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
my wife was diagnosed with depression and then bi-polar disorder and there was never any threat of them taking our son away. if they really are threatening to take your child then i'm betting it's for other reasons. i don't find it completely impossible that you may have been discharged the next day. the hospital we went to has a 1-2 day turn around for natural and 3 day for c-section births. if you were discharged, then you need to fight back. get a lawyer immediately. if you just up and left, then that may be part of the problem.

last i heard there was no rule against actually going home when you were discharged. we don't know the circumstances - you could have just wanted a good night's sleep. god knows i wanted to start punching people in the face that would come in every 15 minutes round the clock for 3 days straight.

bottom line is, there's no conspiracy here. if they're wrongfully trying to take your child then you need to fight it. in any case, this board is the last place i would go for advice in that situation.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
A friend of mine had a prem baby and she stayed in hospital for weeks. She was expressing and feeding the baby thru a tube. The baby was in an incubator and needed light therapy for jaundice. She had a sideroom. There was nothing clinically wrong with her, but her baby was not allowed to go home until it could feed without the tube and the jaundice was OK. Is there no way you could stay and look after the baby? Have they not advised you that you should stay?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
... i don't find it completely impossible that you may have been discharged the next day. the hospital we went to has a 1-2 day turn around for natural and 3 day for c-section births...

True, but according to the OP she had the baby "last night" so it has not been 24 hours even. Plus, I thought she felt it was important to go back to work, so what is she doing on ATS? ...oh wait...

Pray for the baby. Unless of course you are an ATS athiest, in which case then please observe a "moment of science".

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Before I make any comments, may I ask how old you (the OP) are?

Edit: Nevermind, I see in your profile you're 23.

May I now ask if this is your first child? Are you married? Why was the child premature? Is there a history of substance abuse within your or your family's history?

I don't see why people have children at such a young age. And then you leave the child at the hospital to go to work? Did you notify anyone you were leaving? Or did you just leave? Did you contact the hospital about your child, or did they contact you inquiring as to why you left?

I really don't see why you're confused as to why CPS stepped in. You're young, probably having a child out of wedlock with no man in sight, and then you just leave the hospital.

I really wish some people would stop breeding. As harsh as it may sound.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by ModernDystopia]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
What are you supposed to do... live in the hospital for a couple weeks until your child is released?

I hope this is a joke. Thousands of RESPONSIBLE moms get out of work on paternity leave and yes, do live in the hospital while their child rehabilitates.

Christ, the Idiocracy is taking over.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesisand TOLD the hospital then and there that the baby's father and I would be in tonight to see the kid,

Just the fact that you referred to her as a "kid" and not your "daughter" makes me side with the hospital. I have a feeling they did the right thing here. You give birth to a premature little girl and you leave the hospital to go work? A loving mother wouldn't want to leave her child's side for a split second, especially if she's a premature infant.

There is more going on here than you want to admit. I have a feeling you are a drug addict and you had to get home to get your fix. I was a pain pill addict for 10 years, so I know what it's like to be in withdrawal. My guess is that your baby was premature because you were using. How a person could bring a drug-dependant child into the world is staggering. Now I could be totally wrong about you, but I have a feeling I'm not. If I'm right, you need to get yourself straight before you could ever hope to raise a child. I'm sure the child's father is a drug addict, too, which might explain why he wasn't at the hospital either.

This is no conspiracy. You don't have the faculties to raise a child.

[edit on 10/15/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia

Originally posted by Kruel
What are you supposed to do... live in the hospital for a couple weeks until your child is released?

I hope this is a joke. Thousands of RESPONSIBLE moms get out of work on paternity leave and yes, do live in the hospital while their child rehabilitates.

Christ, the Idiocracy is taking over.

Not everyone gets paid leave. Most people where I work (including myself) are contractors. If I don't work, I don't get paid, simple as that.

And lay off the personal flames.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There is no way in hell I believe this story.Despite the fact of the child being born premie, there is no hospital on this planet would let you walk out in less than 24 hours. Period.And having given birth myself, no way would I have left my child to go back to work. My daughter was born with fluid in her lungs and I did not leave her side for a second.Not even to eat or sleep! That is what a mother does.My god if you really did leave your child there, obviously they have good reason to take the baby from you.
Iam completely disgusted.
Whether this story is true or not..I just feel sick.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
that the baby's father and I would be in tonight to see the kid,

Just the fact that twice already you had referred to your newborn as "the kid" makes me doubt the authenticity of this story.
These are not the "normal" words of a grief stricken mother.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join