It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot to Assassinate Russian President Putin in Iran Uncovered

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Plot to Assassinate Russian President Putin in Iran Uncovered

www.iht.com

MOSCOW: Russian President Vladimir Putin has been told of a plot to assassinate him during a visit to Iran this week, a Kremlin spokeswoman said Sunday.

The spokeswoman, who spoke on customary condition of anonymity, refused further comment.

Interfax news agency, citing a source in Russia's special services, said suicide terrorists had been trained to carry out the assassination.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It appears the plot has been disrupted, though I'd still be afraid if I was him. I'm sure there are a lot of Chechens and their sympathizers who have easy access to Iran.

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/14/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Putin is a **SNIP**. He's a dictator and a tyrant. While i don't approve of any assassination attempt, i will be glad when he finally abdicates his thrown and hope somebody like Kasparov can overcome the highly censored state-owned media to become the next prez. Now, i know, its impossible to draw parallels between Kasparov and Ron Paul.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
Putin is a douche. He's a dictator and a tyrant.

Reminds me of both GWB and Cheney for some reason.

Might have something to do with the withdrawal of all Russian nuclear scientists a while back? Maybe sh... hit the fan at some point between Iran and Russia and things aren't as rosy as they want to make it look like?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hi djohnsto77

Just thinking a little deeper about this. Got the strange impression this story doesn't make much sense. Iran would definitely loose the 2 most powerful allies left on their side, namely Russia and China. This would certainly be the death of Iran as a country and a ganging up by all major powers against them.

Or it could also be a publicity stunt designed to portray a blurred image that all is not well in Disneyland, when in the background, Mickey and Goofy are just taking a walk in the park with a pooper scooper deluxe

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I love this sentence:

"Russian President Vladimir Putin has been told of a plot to assassinate him during a visit to Iran this week"

That could mean he was told of a plot to kill him

++while he was actually in Iran++

Or that the Iranians just warned him of a plan by another country to kill him

++while he was their guest in Iran++

Bit vague in the report I thought.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsthatthingy
Reminds me of both GWB and Cheney for some reason.

My thoughts exactly!!!

We do not live in the most caring and loving nation in the world, including our 'fearless' leaders.

Just because Russia is willing to stand up to OUR tyranny does not make them the 'Axis of Evil.' While I do not condone a lot of Russia's actions, we are no better. In fact, we have behaved about as ethical over the course of our history and about 100 times worse the last 8 years.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Judging by recent events, it is an American plot to keep him out of Iran.

We know how to scare folks away from our quarry.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

How is Putin a dictator when he is democratically elected? I wish no harm to any leader.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Since when do these "suicide bombers" have such a difficult time carrying out their "assassinations" just because someone doesn't visit their nation?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Democratic elections mean nothing when all the media (and thus public opinion) is state owned. The Iranian President is also 'democratically elected'. Your point?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
President Bush was democratically elected, too... what's your point?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
President Bush was democratically elected, too... what's your point?

George Bush is not a dictator, infoholic.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsthatthingy

I doubt the Iranian government was involved in the plot, it was probably Chechen rebels and those sympathetic to their cause. I imagine the government of Iran would be quite embarrassed if the Russian president was assassinated on their soil.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I dont know how many of you are aware of this but putin decided he was not going to allow himself to be push from power in russia so decided to take the leadership of the leading part in russia and become prime minister at the same time he is president of russia, here is the ATS link to the story i posted on October 1st no wonder people are afraid he is trying too shuffle russia into something i think resembling the USSR.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

how can someone be trusted who wont accept the rules to prevent dictatorship? surley his plans run to exactly that? a way to grasp more time for his goals?..

AZZ

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nope, he sure isn't. But he sure is an ensurer of constitutional continuity.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I doubt it would be the Chechens. I know because they're muslim, that means they're probably real bad people and all but let's say that's not the case. If another country who was feeling pressured by another or an alliance of sorts wanted to create the most effective turmoil ruining that alliance instantly, than blood of a President on an allies soil is a good way to kick 'er off.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsthatthingy

I suppose that's assuming the Iranian government are involved in the plot; I doubt that's the case.

Remember, Russia hasn't been the most pro-Muslim country in the world. It caused major ripples amongst Muslims when it was part of the Soviet Union which invaded Afghanistan in 1979 (and the USSR was no fan of any religion, including Islam) and occupied it for a decade, fighting against Muslim resistance fighters/terrorists (depending on your point of view, I suppose). Now we have the problems with Chechnya (Putin is notorious for his harsh methods there and against those Chechens who were involved in hostage taking at the Beslan school or the Moscow theatre) which still cause a lot of friction between Russia and some Muslims.

Islam is not a unified religion - it's split, much like Christianity. The two main Christian groups (Catholic and Protestant) have similar counterparts in Islam (Sunni and Shi'a) and then there are all the other little sects and offshoots that are very numerous.

Nevertheless, I think this episode will create some friction between the Russians and the Iranians.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The ``Chechnya problem`` is hyped up by Putin. The Beslan school was an inside job, just like the bombings in 1999 which gave Putin the presidency. Putin is as bad as the globalists in the US and in UK, but at least he's a nationalist.

The only ones I could see trying to kill Putin in Iran would be the western globalists, americans, zionists and english. The same bunch who did 9/11. By killing Putin, they get the chance to have a pro-globalist Russian prime minister, to launch a war with Iran ect... With China and Russia on their side, they would be clear of real ennemies on the world stage.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
this has CIA written all over it in my mind.
The assasination of a russian leader, in a arab nation.... it works out to well for American agenders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join