It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posting good threads on a forum makes you a conspiracy master?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Honestly... what's the point of that? It's just a title that says that one member of the website has more favoritism favored over them than the other members. It's just a title for people that want recognition for their ideas and so they can be more recognized... it's pointless because by the time people are conspiracy masters they already are so involved in this site already that they don't even care about the title anymore. It doesn't change who they are or who we are as a poster. Why give people a conspiracy master position rather than a mod position? That just seems like another way of saying "hey good job posting we'll give you this title so more people will want to read your posts".

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What the heck are you talking about? Did you even bother to look at the Conspiracy Masters forum to see who the CMs are?

Seriously, why did you even post this?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I've seen who the conspiracy masters on the site are. However, I don't know who the heck they are and I don't know what makes them seem more credible than the other members. For all we know is that the conspiracy masters could be phonies and fakes and that they could have less credibility than the site of ATS themselves. I think that people should stop looking up to conspiracy masters like John Lear and other CMs... and they should start looking into their own intuition and through research make their own good posts. It doesn't take someone with the title of a conspiracy master to make a good forum. That's what I think.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Mav, allow me to be honest with you for a moment.

What exactly are your intentions here?

Once every two or three weeks, you author another BBQ thread on some random detail, and you complain about it. Time and time again, you are instructed on board protocol, yet you continue to ignore the wishes of the ATS staff.

Now I'm asking that you be honest in return.

Are you envious that other members have been offered "Conspiracy Master" titles, and you have not? Be honest.

I think your bitter rants are nothing more than jealousy.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i'm under the impression that the conspiracy masters are some of the most credible members on the site

they're also some of the hardest researches in their fields and are very knowledgeable about a lot of things

personally i think the conspiracy master idea is a great one

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We have our Conspiracy Professionals...

• The View From Marrs
  • Scott Creighton

And then we have our Conspiracy Masters...

• John Lear
  • John Rhodes
  • Norio Hayakawa
  • The PentaCon
  • JRitzman

The Official Launch of the AboveTopSecret.com Conspiracy Masters Initiative

Above Top Secret has provided each of these individuals with their own dedicated forum, and a platform to present their research to thousands. By offering this forum, it does not infer that members must believe what they say. However, even in disagreement, their efforts should be respected.

Mav, I feel that you are under the impression that since ATS has offered these forums, it's stating that they are "right" and the rest of us are "wrong". Certainly not the case, and I'm truly confused why you would think such a thing.

Think for yourself.

As I've said in the past, you put way too much emphasis on the title, rather than the content.

Each of these individuals may have a title, but their content speaks for itself.

You fault them for the title, but you clearly do not give the content the time of day.

• posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:01 PM
    link   
    reply to post by chissler

I see what you're saying. I am still planning on being a member of ATS. However, in the past recent years that I have been here on ATS it has become somewhat of a hellhole. I like to say that it's going to become the closest thing than Baghdad right before the 2008 elections. My problem with ATS was with when I saw all of the **** the board thought about Israel, US, and Iran. The board was like "OMG we r gonna war with them" or they were like "They banned guns in DC that's a violation of their rights and they're going to slaughter the citizens". Even still, now people talk about how they think "Ron Paul should win the election because he criticized 9-11". I'm coming from the perspective that I want to remain an ATS member... but I plan on not viewing the forums until after the 2008 election. My main complaint is the staff should just do something about the **** the board states about the war on terror without being able to back up their opinions as facts...

Anyways... that's the reason the current state of the board is bad. There's too much propaganda being spread on ATS. Even though propaganda is disliked on ATS its being spread by other members claiming they're not spreading any...

As to answer your question the original thought that stemmed my violent rants against the site on the BB&Q boards was from the time that I was banned from the chat. I knew that it was from my own fault that got me banned from the chat, seeing as how I used to blow everything out of proportion and I would take everything in and make other peoples statements backfire on everyone else. I knew what was wrong with me though S.O didn't want me back in the chat... and I received harsh words from S.O on U2U that have been deleted from my inbox. I quickly changed how I was behaving. I made topics about different topics however the topics were met with frustration because other board members were saying that my topics were made with little coherency and that they couldn't read my train of thought. One user of the forums said that my writing style at the time wasn't all that it was to be desired.

I was dissed by the conspiracy master John Lear... on my thread on the disinfo and deflection forum and the thread wasn't closed or locked. I had to retract many of the statements I made to John Lear and I had to say that everything I said I joked about. I began making excuses like "it was my vision" or "It was my lense". I also began to post on BTS about how "I hated school because people and I wanted to whine about". I began getting frustrated by my inner self. In the past, Chissler, you've seen me act completely opposite than how I really act, so that lead me to rant about things on the site that didn't accomplish anything.

I am turned off by this site because of the amount of people in here that rant about anti-american stuff on here. I don't want to leave, quit, or have you ban me from the site. I made this rant because I disliked the ideas of conspiracy masters... when in reality they aren't much different from us. In response to your question about what my intentions are for here... my intentions are for that when the Bush administration leaves office and the new Democrats for 08 or the new Republican candidate for 08 enters office and Bush becomes a "lame duck" and people start attacking him for whatever reason my gut feeling is that ATS will be a very exciting time than.

THE OTHER reason why I made so many rants on the BB&Q board was because I was making a lot of threads that I didn't realize were poor qualities and I was getting low replies to them. I didn't realize what I needed to do to get my act together. I was repeating my rant and I was being persistant because I was driven by an anger that was fueled by some source outside of the internet called real life. For the time that I was ranting on that forum before I was constantly troubled by what people that didn't know me thought of me... and I was constantly overstressed by what people thought of me on the internet. I was something different than I was now.

Yeah, I hope you can see that I am complaining about something valid this time. No, it's not something I am jelous over. I think that a lot of alleged professional conspiracy masters are hoaxers. I dislike the title because ATS is choosing 20 or less members out of its site to be conspiracy masters. Even if ATS gave people a place to sign up to become a conspiracy master I wouldn't sign up because I know that I wouldn't get picked. It's like how I wouldn't ask to become a mod or admin on any site because I know it wont' happen because if I ask for something that other people know that I want that other people want, I probably won't get it since it's too high in demand. Even if there were signups to become a conspiracy master... I wouldn't get chosen. I AM NOT JELOUS.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:02 PM
    link   
    reply to post by The Phantom

Johnlear didn't seem too credible. In one thread I posted on the disinfo&deflection forum, he just seemed to dislike my ideas and took over my thread into becoming an "I'm right and you are wrong" kind of thread.
    EDIT: grammar

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:10 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
    Even if ATS gave people a place to sign up to become a conspiracy master

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
    Any prospective new member may select to attempt to join as a Conspiracy Master.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:17 PM
    link   
    reply to post by enjoies05

So... I don't get noticed here that often. I only got one U2U saying that I was level 3 with posting here. However, I didn't get any other U2U's saying what I should do once I reached level 3 after that.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:18 PM
    link   

I'm coming from the perspective that I want to remain an ATS member... but I plan on not viewing the forums until after the 2008 election.

We both know that's not the case, so let's move past the empty statements of boycott.

My main complaint is the staff should just do something about the **** the board states about the war on terror without being able to back up their opinions as facts...

With this statement, and others that I have not quoted, I'm thinking you want us to silence the opinions of members that you disagree with. There is more to this world than what we see. We're not in the business of silencing members because we disagree. I think you have a serious problem with the ability of agreeing to disagree.

As to answer your question the original thought that stemmed my violent rants against the site on the BB&Q boards was from the time that I was banned from the chat.

If you have a problem with any decision made by the staff, submit a complaint.

But you already know that.

In the past, Chissler, you've seen me act completely opposite than how I really act, so that lead me to rant about things on the site that didn't accomplish anything.

Sorry Mav, but you're completely losing me.

I am turned off by this site because of the amount of people in here that rant about anti-american stuff on here.

How are your rants any different?

I don't want to leave, quit, or have you ban me from the site. I made this rant because I disliked the ideas of conspiracy masters... when in reality they aren't much different from us.

In reality, they are.

Can you honestly say that you've dedicated a fraction of the time that some of our Masters & Professionals have? Some of these individuals have dedicated their lives to the subject matter. I'm not saying your opinion is invalid, but I am stating that you need to prepare a little more if you want to consider yourself on the same level as Jim Marrs.

I think that a lot of alleged professional conspiracy masters are hoaxers.

Ok. That is a valid opinion. Now research it, and present your ideas when you do your homework. It's slanderous if you want to throw that comment out there without preparing some sort of substance. Provide some details to why you believe this. Something more than the fact that you disagree.

Even if ATS gave people a place to sign up to become a conspiracy master I wouldn't sign up because I know that I wouldn't get picked.

Why victimize?

It's like how I wouldn't ask to become a mod or admin on any site because I know it wont' happen because if I ask for something that other people know that I want that other people want, I probably won't get it since it's too high in demand.

More victimizing?

Even if there were signups to become a conspiracy master... I wouldn't get chosen.

And yet, still victimizing.

I AM NOT JELOUS.

Clearly.

If you look around the board, you will see where there is the possibility of any member becoming a Conspiracy Master. But if you want the title, do the work. It gets you farther than these rants that are becoming like clock work.

Stop selling yourself short dude, and prepare some organized thoughts.

If you think someone is a hoaxer, look into it and present your theory to the board.

Our members are open minded, but they expect to see some leg work before allegations are made.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:19 PM
    link   
    Ok...I was just telling you there is a way to sign up for being a CM.

I don't know what level 3 is (or means).

[edit on 13/10/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:32 PM
    link   
    reply to post by chissler

Hmm... well I was trying to say in my rant that me being cut off from the chat made me feel distanced from the ATS community. I also was trying to say that I didn't realized what other opportunities laid there. This rant is different than the many other rants I made because... for one thing... it's because I dislike the current state of politics and how it's affecting what we are discussing on the site. When I said I plan on not viewing the forums until the 08 Presidential elections I was referring to the fact that I think that the site will become a complete hellhole until then because it will be the most pressing time of the Bush administration.

I have been frequenting to ATS a lot less in the last few months because I am trying to avoid any discussion of politics because I do not want to say anything about politics because the current flow of thoughts people have seem to be about the same things... warfare, same sex marriage, religion... and the faults of the Bush administration and Iran/Iraq/North Korea. I didn't mean to make myself sound like an asshole with my rant. Though, I was really just frustrated about how the current state of politics is affecting everyone here on ATS. I meant to say that it would be good if the administrators and owners of the site tried to round up everyone together and to bring discussion to the site that would prosper in times like these and that would not be biased. I just want to refrain from viewing the boards until the 08 election because I think that there will be a lot of heat on the boards. I just am venting about how people here think that posting on the internet will get their opinions heard when they should be forming PACs in real life and discussing what they think to lobbyists in congress. Mind control and brainwashing are only in movies... and if it happens it doesn't happen very often. Citizens have a right to talk.

I just dislike writing that is subjective because it lends to opinions that are actually just showcasing of facts that are wrong. I also meant that conspiracy masters here should discuss more about politics and conspiracies in the government rather than talking about moon basees/ the illuminati/ reptillians. I think that if the current theories of moon bases and the illuminati were true... it would be much more vast of a conspiracy. I've already said what some alleged conspiracy theorists posted on the internet have said and they don't back up their sources with any evidence and most likely when they wrote the article... when I read it the article is no longer credible because the said time frame for the events to happen already passed.

As for when I said I was jelous I wasn't jelous when writing that I was merely frustrated with what's currently going on. I'm just refraining from using the boards until later because if I used the boards now it would increase the anxiety I have by all of the opinions said on the forums... and I would just get frustrated over other peoples opinions even more.

I apologize for my statement when I said that I wouldn't ask to become a mod or admin... but in most circumstances I wouldn't. In most forums I goto I refrain from asking to become a mod or admin because it isn't typical decorum for most forums I browse and post in.

Again, I'm sorry if I sounded like a jackass when I first made that rant. I hope that I cleared somethings up in my post here.

I hope that answers a few of your questions.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:32 PM
    link   
    oh my, I misinterpreted at first ... mental block.

I was reading it as why do people get subject matter expert titles in their mini-profile until I read on a bit. Which, I pondered, but not enough to look it up. Same with this level 3 thing you spoke of.

I will say, just take a deep breath and calm down. Sometimes this board can get frustrating. I try my best at times to remind some people of the freedom of speech and thought and politeness if I feel it has gotten out of hand and have become peeved. Certain members are vicious, some people are like hawks to certain ideas and threads ready to blast it done with unsubstantiated denial within seconds ... and one thread recently where a ton of people didn't read, claimed hoax, but it is verified and being concluded as a viral ad on fox for T4 or TSCC.

I would say, take a break. If you want to rant, feel free to U2U me. I don't mind. Everybody needs somebody sometime. If I seem a little too ... positive and encouraging or high-roadish in response, it is usually because I am trying to be a positive influence or giving it straight ... but again feel free if you really need an ear ... sometimes ranting feels necessary, but I am giving you the option to do so in private as not to get in any trouble

Take care.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:09 AM
    link   
    [edit on 10/15/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:10 PM
    link   
    reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

That sounds fair. I understand how you may have misinterpreted what my first post was because I was not being specific as I should have been when I made that post about what was frustrating me. I was replying to Chissler's post about why I made those rants on the BB&Q forum and he asked me what my intentions here were and so I answered them.

I have been here for around three years and I haven't used the boards that much because when I have viewed the boards and made topics in them before the topics I made grew into them-vs-me flamewars where they didn't like an idea I had. I once made a foolish choice to make a topic saying that we should nuke Iraq to prevent further conflict and I cited how in WWII we nuked Japan to stop the casualties and how it would be like what we did in Japan... if we actually were to nuke Iraq... but the board thought my idea was crazy (probably for a reason) and they said that people in the country that I come from were nuts... and that they indirectly called me a nut as well.

I have more than one reason for not wanting to view the boards. When I make a topic on ATS at times other people try to take over my discussion.... I don't come at the right time to post in the topics... and when I post something my post gets ignored. I tried many times again and at times my post makes no sense and so I got laughed at a lot and people thought what I was posting was junk. Now it is not necessary to go through my posting history. Let me rephrase what I meant. I didn't mean what I said about not viewing any of the topics on the main board. I just meant that I WILL NOT VIEW ANY OF THE TOPICS ON THE MAIN ATS BOARD... but what I said does not include any relevance to the boards found here on BTS, and the ones on PTS. I will not view the topics on the main board of ATS except unless they are my topics. I can't become a member of the community if people think that I am just going to be making posts in other peoples topics without people reading over them or making replies to them. Most other users don't reply to the posts in their topics I make and it may for be a good reason and it may be because they're ignoring me. I'm sick of trying to make posts on other users topics when they just ignore my posts... to me it's not even worth posting in their topics now anymore. I am going to condense all of my thoughts on the main boards of ATS to MY OWN TOPIC.

Yes, ATS gets frustrating and I need a break. I feel that I can't look at some topics without a flamewar breaking out between the defenders of our country and the ones who are against it. I hope you understand. I'll u2u you if I encounter any problems with frustration over the board.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:59 PM
    link   
    Ah, Chissler, and to anyone else who has read this thread, I apologize what I said here. Yes, I was in an extremely bad mood, and I take back what I said. I feel better now though. I will resume posting on ATS like I did before as usual.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:30 PM
    link   
    lollercaekz

i eated turkey t oday!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:14 PM
    link   
    Excuse me? What was that comment for? That post was an attempt at killing my thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:19 PM
    link   

Excuse me? What was that comment for? That post was an attempt at killing my thread.

I believe I ate some turkey that day.

Maybe your thread just isnt interesting to anyone?

Is green your favorite colour?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join