It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The esoteric truth about the couple

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
In the demystification of the english language through Gematira (assigning numerical values through codes, transpostions and cyphers) we also find cases of words that have an esoteric signification through their make up,that point to a greater truth encoded within.

Case in point...the word "Couple"

sound this word out and what two words do you end up with?

Cup and Pole

Esoterically the Cup or Cauldron is always symbolic of the womb and is feminine and the Rod,Staff, or Pole is always masculine and symbolic of the Phallus.

So the word couple (traditionally a man and woman) is indicative of the cup and the pole joining together in union.

The cup is pregnant with meaning,what does a cup hold? Water.What does a woman hold when pregnant?Water.

Here we see a multitiered truth encoded in a word.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Cool. You would probably find the work of Harold Bayley in The Lost Language Of Symbolism (much but sadly not all of the volume available in this preview). He has some really interesting insights into the symbolic forms of letters, their base sounds and connotations and how they're built up into words.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I love it when people try to use 20th century english words and meaning to try and figure out ancient mysteries.

Couple is a French word I believe. Cup in French is "tasse"

So much for you theory

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by brotherforchrist

I think your post makes perfect since, BOC.

Is it possible that when the English word formulated they could have considered the deeper possibilities.

English is based on the alphabet system which is pretty old I assume.

Alot of our words were derived from old Latin and other sources or origin.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Couple = cup - pole. that's a good find. How about this- History = his - story

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
just this morning, i was thinking about any possible links between "Morning" and "Mourning."

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
just this morning, i was thinking about any possible links between "Morning" and "Mourning."
Good one. I'm always mourning in the morning. (like my bed too much).

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
I love it when people try to use 20th century english words and meaning to try and figure out ancient mysteries.

So much for you theory

Can you please explain to us the transposition from tasse to english cup.

How is tasse remotely linked to the letters cup, what theory are you putting forth to support this?

Are you implying that the english need to borrow from the french to create the word for the concept of what a cup is.How did the english borrow tasse and turn it into cup? Is this your thoery?

Can you explain to us how or why the letter p is the cosntructed archetype for the phallus composes part of the letters and the letters le are comprised of the 12th and 5th letters which then add up to 17 which is the letter q (which is the fertilized egg) under this condition the cup must infer that it is the goddess or the feminine from which we can divide the headset of isis holding the sun as being the hierogrlyphic framework upon which our craft is based. it would be akin to 0 (the egg) + P (the phallus) becoming Q )the fertilized egg),a multitiered reality is invoked in this word.

I show you the channels for my claim,now please retrun the favor with yours :-P

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i4.photobucket.com...

There is a pic that illustrates the occultic cup/pole symbolism.If there is nothing to it, someone went to a lot of trouble making a cup out of a phallus and womb for no reason.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by brotherforchrist]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR

So much for you theory

Could be. In French you could actually use the word Coupler in exchange for couple.. the pronouncement is roughly the same with the accent, you dont say "er" in French.

But then again, in German, which English derives from Koppler could be used to say Couple.

Now, Brother, what you are trying to do is say Cou means Cup.

Coup's Latin ancestor (if we follow the Romantic and not Germanic line) is .. Iugo. We use this term to identify military overthrows from within governments.. means something like unexpected movement.

Then you use couPLE which is simply a suffix to the word its self... it is not an actual word.. like two put together. The closest you could say to describe this suffix would to say it indicates a movement, or a stress of the word its self. Besides Pole (er, in your terms Male Genitalia....) is used in MANY words.

Like.

Simple.

Does this word reference a male genitalia??

Dimple?

Pimple?

get my point?

You cannot dissect words and extract meanings in this manor.. especially from key rout ancestral languages that are still used to this day, as you can look to them to disprove such silly nonsense.

Can you please explain to us the transposition from tasse to english cup.

How is tasse remotely linked to the letters cup, what theory are you putting forth to support this?

Its not, you chopped up the words.. you cannot exclude the the letter U because it fits your needs.. aside, the U is what indicates the word derives from the Romantic line my friend, as are most words with OU or EA or BEAU or any other spelling that seems over the top and not nessecary.

Checking another French book I have here, Couple is also referenced as a correct translation for two people, Deux for two object.

Cup is Tesse, Gobelet, Calice ect..

Coupe = Trophy

Many words, for the same word, for different occasions, English is no different of course.

The point is.. Tasse does not come anywhere NEAR couple because Couple derives from Couple, Coupler, ect.

Just trying to make sure I am as clear as I can be.

[edit on 10/17/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by brotherforchrist

Rockpuck answered your question much more intelligently that I could have. You are comparing apples to oranges.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by brotherforchrist
i4.photobucket.com...

There is a pic that illustrates the occultic cup/pole symbolism.If there is nothing to it, someone went to a lot of trouble making a cup out of a phallus and womb for no reason.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by brotherforchrist]

One sees what one wants to see Brother.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well, you have an interesting theory. Is it true? I don't know. I will say that considering that ancient language and literature is littered with symbolism, it may not be too far-fetched of an idea...

Symbolism is something that has been passed down throughout the ages...

Alchemical Symbols

Native American Symbols

There are many other forms of symbolisms on the site... I suggest everyone have a look at it.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Here we see a multitiered truth encoded in a word.

No, no, you've got it all wrong.

"Couple"

Broken in half gives us "COU" and "PLE".

COU is obviously a reference to Airport Code that pilots use, designating a location in Columbia, MO, USA.

PLE is an acronym for Protein-Losing Enteropathy. Protein-Losing Enteropathy represents a multiplicity of abnormalities that result in the loss of plasma proteins from the gastrointestinal tract, often causing loose stools.

So what "couple" is really telling us is that some airtraffic controller in Columbia, MO is going to have diarrhea tonight.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Reality Hurts

There is as much cosmic meaning in that explanation as anything The Fetch could come up with !

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Case in point...the word "Couple"

sound this word out and what two words do you end up with?

Cup and Pole

Esoterically the Cup or Cauldron is always symbolic of the womb and is feminine and the Rod,Staff, or Pole is always masculine and symbolic of the Phallus.

So the word couple (traditionally a man and woman) is indicative of the cup and the pole joining together in union.

Very interesting.

I really doubt that it is coincidence.

Perhaps the English word was meant to be formed by the joining of the two sounds, as opposed to just the spellings of two different words that have different meanings?

I'll bet that if you go into to it deeper, you may be able to connect the etymology.

A Gnostic instructor pointed out something very relevant to this.

In the West, the Magi have the Wand(Phallus), Cup(Vagina), and Sword(Spinal Column):

In the East, the Buddhas have the Dorje or Vajra(Phallus), Bell(Vagina) and Phurba(Spinal Column).

Guru Rinpoche and the Dakini Yeshe Tsogyel subdued and destroyed many demons together in the form of Dorje Phurba:

Vajra Kilaya

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Also, in regard to the three ritual-items I've described, we can see the Three Primary Forces of the Logos, the Lost Word or Secret Mantra(Vajrayana):

Masculine(Dorje/Wand), Feminine(Bell/Cup), and Reconciling(Phurba/Sword).

MA-TRI-MONY.

The Divine Mother(MA) Unites(MONY) the Three Forces(TRI).

This is all made very clear in the Sacred Art of Tantra.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I was just thinking about you last night at work,wondering what happened to you as I hadn't seen you post in ages, hope all is well with you friend, your contributions are always thought provoking.

Send me a U2U sometime

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Indra also holds the Power of the Vajra, and Durga is of course the Divine Mother:

From H.P. Blavatsky's "Isis Unveiled":

...While one hand holds a flower, another a club, the third a shell, the fourth, generally the upper one, or at the right -- holds on his forefinger, extended as the cipher 1, the chakra, or discus, which resembles a ring, or a wheel, and might be taken for the nought. In his first avatar, the Matsyavatam, when emerging from the fish's mouth, he is represented in the same position.*

The ten-armed Durga of Bengal; the ten-headed Ravana, the giant; Parvati -- as Durga, Indra, and Indrani, are found with this attribute, which is a perfect representation of the May-pole.**

Godfrey Higgins' "Anacalypsis":

The Earth was often called the Arga : this was imitated by the mystic Meru. The north pole was the Linga, surrounded by seven dwips or zones one above another, and seven seas, or rivers, or waters, and an outward one called Oceanus. In this Oceanus the whole floated. Thus, the earth, mother Eartha, became the Argha or Ione, and Meru the pole, the Linga....

...And it has induced me to review the early history of Buddhism, and to make me suspect that, in its early works, the Linga is not to be found, and that it only came into use when the division between the followers of the Linga and Ioni began to arise, which caused the horrible civil and religious wars, noticed in my former volume.

And:

May-Pole.

May's Son.

Buddha is also the Sun/Son of MAYA.

This is why in the very Highest most Esoteric Vehicle of Buddhism publicly known(Mahasandhi, Dzogchen, Thig-le Chen-po, etc.), it is taught that the Fruit of the Path is achieved when one recognizes the Inseparability of Mother(MA or Kunzhi) and Son(BU or Rigpa).

Bonpo Dzogchen

Ligmincha: Dzogchen

Bonpo Book of the Dead

Whatever you do, do not take these teachings lightly.

The teachings of the Highest Vehicle of Buddhism, and the Great Arcanum of Gnosis, are only being taught publicly because the end of the Kali Yuga is at hand.

Even many of the Dalai Lamas practiced Dzogchen secretly, during the Age of Pisces.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You guys are completely missing the point.
Couple = French word
Cup = English word
Pole = English word

Ever heard english refered to as Lingua Pura ?

Couple in French does not mean cup and pole.
It is a coincidence..nothing mystical here boys...move on

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join