It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo Orb Over U.K. September 24 2oo7

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Update:

I've received a reply to my first e-mail from the person who posted the video on Disclose.tv.

He says he got it from YouTube and reposted it to Disclose.tv, but I haven't found it yet, maybe it's been pulled?

I've asked him if he could provide me with his copy of the video.

I await his reply.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Cyber_Wasp has maybe found a possible explanation to its sudden vanishing:

very interesting video, imho.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Why isn't this just an ordinary helium balloon? It sure looks like one. It's not that distant, so it looks like it's moving fast against the relatively distant clouds (when zoomed).

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Nice find, internos!

Thanks for that!

Originally posted by disownedsky

Why isn't this just an ordinary helium balloon? It sure looks like one. It's not that distant, so it looks like it's moving fast against the relatively distant clouds (when zoomed).

Now, don't get me wrong, but I am not yet able to say with any certainty what this object is or isn't.

What it looks like suggests one thing, but how it behaves suggests something else, IMHO.

And, as I mentioned earlier, even the quiet audio clues on the video need to be factored into the investigation.

To my reckoning, using the tree as a reference, it looks a bit big actually to be just an ordinary helium balloon.

More along the size of a weather balloon, if anything, but there doesn't appear to be the common feature of a suspended instrument package.

And, IMHO, it does appear to be moving quite rapidly amongst seemingly stationary clouds with which it interacts and displaces.

In the higher resolution, DivX codex, avi video now in my possession, ( Thanks again, Caino!) you can actually see the object passing through the cloud bank, early in the sequence, where before, it appeared to be simply behind the clouds, in the lower resolution video posted at Disclose.tv.

The weird thing is, just as we lose the object, it's speed appears to increase at an exponential rate, and it recedes from view very rapidly, which probably was a contributing factor to the videographer's failure to keep the object in view.

We really need to examine the video frame by frame,which is a feature not included on the DivX viewer on the machine I have at my disposal, to help better determine the chain of events leading to the object's disappearance.
There doesn't appear to be any clouds in a position at that point to occlude the object and facilitate it's, apparent, hasty exit.

Unfortunately, my interest in this subject is outstripped by the limited tools and resources I have at hand and the amount of time I can currently apply to this investigation.

I'm working with collaborators in the background on this video, when we can, and as soon as I'm able to post our findings, I shall.

In fact, if anyone would like a copy of the higher resolution video, I would be delighted to e-mail it to you, just send me a u2u and maybe together we can shed some light on this anomaly.

Thanks for your post and your continued interest in this video.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Its ball lightning from a plasma motor.. or sort of flat lightning swirling around
underneath the craft.

I have the circular formation as a result of radial magnetic fields
mathematically determined in my Lightning Ball Primer on my YouTube
channel.

Hope I helped you out.
ED: the pink vision was good..

[edit on 10/19/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i think it could be a number of things interesting tho

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
To my reckoning, using the tree as a reference, it looks a bit big actually to be just an ordinary helium balloon.

I agree with you personally, and there is a way to test it.
Weather balloons expand as they increase in altitude, and some can reach as large as 30 feet in diameter. This one (if it was a weather balloon, which I doubt) looks too low to be that large. If it's possible to determine the height of those clouds on that day (NOAA might have that data) you could determine it's altitude at the point where it emerges from the clouds. That combined with the distance would give you it's size.

Also, by just knowing it's altitude you could predict with accuracy how large a weather balloon should be at that altitude (any number of weather stations can give you a scale). With the expected size (if a balloon) and the altitude of the clouds you could make a good guess as to distance from the camera to the object. That would serve as a 'control', for comparisons with the Weather Balloon Theory.

I personally don't think this is a weather balloon, due to it's movements. It's certainly not a high altitude research balloon, because it wouldn't look like a sphere at cloud height, more like a floating jellyfish.

Great thread, flag and star from me Goos.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Originally posted by internos
reply to post by goosdawg

goosdawg, do you know if there's any way to upload the video to another website (from dosclosetv i can't download it in order open it in a editor) ?

You can get the video in your browser cache. Just look for the latest downloaded file. The URL is:
www.disclose.tv...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Thanks Nablator

I was looking for a version of the video which could allow me to convert it in avi format , and then open it in a video editor: now i've found the original on Google video:
Belgium UFO 09/24/2007
Uploaded on: 24/set/2007

Video description:

Strange object filmed on the 24th of September 2007 in Belgium. It was moving to fast, I am a student pilot and will be co-pilot for a big airline in a few months. I live next to 1 small, 1 big and 1 military airport so I see airplanes and fighter jets everyday. This was a very strange object. I had my camera with me because I saw a strange light a few months ago

video.google.com...

Google Video Link

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
in all seriousness ..a white balloon ..have seen something like it before at a windy weddin' once

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OEAOHOO

In all seriousness, if this were a white balloon, where did it go?

Here is an example of a balloon floating away. You will see that even after the target is lost to the eye, a balloon is easy to reacquire on camera. Further, balloons are easy to track, as they move with the wind.

If the object in GoosDawg's video were just a balloon, where did it go when it vanished from the cameras view? This comparison video illustrates the fact that it should have been a re-acquirable target, if the balloon theory were correct.

I have personally seen balloons in the sky many times and thought that they were something wierd, until I looked closer with binoculars. The same zoom affect can be obtained with a video camera. Try it yourself if you don't believe me. Let a helium balloon loose with a pair of binoculars in hand. You'll be able to track it for miles before you lose sight of it. And even in high winds the target is easily trackable.

-WFA

[edit on 20-4-2008 by WitnessFromAfar]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

Ok..will indulge you for just a bit;

(a) It's much harder to track an object in the foreground the same colour as the background ie. a white balloon against a cloudy backdrop

(b) In your video the balloon flies almost straight up with some angle ..so the relative motion isn't as pronounced as the balloon in the OP's video whose flight is almost transverse to the observer and hence at a much wider viewing angle.

(c) In the OP's video, at the very start, from 3 secs to a about 10 secs the balloon actually flies into a cloud and disappears, and is picked up when it emerges out of the cloud mass.

(d) The cameraperson in the OP's video jerks the camera down and focuses out from about 16 secs and loses the track of the balloon, and I believe thats when the balloon flies into the cloud which is seen from about 30 secs onwards.

My .02

[edit on 21-4-2008 by OEAOHOO]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
If it had remained stationary or changed its trajectory I would find the film very interesting. It doesnt though.
It flies along with a predictable path and as a white blob, it dissapears against some white clouds, much in the same a white balloon would

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join