It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo Orb Over U.K. September 24 2oo7

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Just finished the thread concerning D4rk Kn1ght's prophecy is coming true! and in following some of the last links I came across this video posted yesterday.

Source | Disclose.tv | Ufo Orb Over U.K. September 24 2oo7

Very cool three dimensional aspect to this one, you can see the focus rack in and out, and it seems to be moving rather fast.

Nice that it was caught in the daylight.

So, UFO? Weather balloon? Chinese lantern? Holographic projection test of the "Blue Beam?"

"... another example of the Greys technology?"

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If only people would give more information on these things. Place video'd time etc

Look like a Weather Balloon to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
It's brief, but it's interesting. One of the compelling things for me is that the filming doesn't suddenly cut in mid-shot, the cameraperson obviously lost sight of it. Makes you wonder if the occupants were 'aware' of being on video and decided to vamoose. So whatever it was, I think it's a real event and not just concieved on the fly as a hoaxer would do. Such a pity we didn't have more footage though. Daylight holds so many opportunities to clearly capture these things.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I can honestly say i along with my Mother, Aunt, Sister and Girlfriend saw an object that looked exactly the same.

It was higher in the sky however it was the same sort of object this was a good while back at the start of summer in West Yorkshire.

It was moving right to left in a south to north movement the sky was a little cloudy.

Now the odd thing is the object stopped moving and it was almost like it was trying to hide behind the cloud it was doing a bad job.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 10-10-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well I've watched the vid and my first reaction to it is that we're looking at either a weather balloon or a helium filled mylar balloon thats been let go of.

Theres no frame of reference, which is a particular problem in cases like these, so we have no idea of apparent size/wind direction/height etc.

Quite why the guy decided to zoom in and out on the object is beyond me as well. It just made it easier for him to lose track of.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Okay, so we've got two for a weather balloon.

What struck me as odd was the apparent horizontal speed at which this ufo went behind the cloud. Now, I'm no meteorologist, but if the wind was moving THAT fast, doesn't it seem logical to presume the cloud would be caught up in this stream of moving air and exhibit the same lateral movement as well?

Please do, correct me if I'm wrong.

And, don't most mylar balloons have some kind of garish graphic printed on them?

This object looks to be a uniform color, not really exhibiting the shiny surface we've come to expect from a mylar balloon.

We can use the trees, seen in the foreground early in the video, as a reference to determine relative speed and distance, can we not?

I don't possess the software to really dissect and examine this video the way I would like, and, like Chorlton mentioned, there's really not much background information posted with this video to help in the analysis.

And a BIG drawback to videos presented on Disclose.tv is that stupid "pause" symbol sitting right smack in the middle of the video when you pause it to examine a single frame.

Help! Anyone?

In researching weather balloons, it would appear they carry an instrument package suspended beneath the balloon body, is there evidence in this video of such a package?

Here's some images of weather balloons for reference:

Source | Annenberg Media

Source | Hack A Day | high altitude linux weather balloon

Source | defenseindustrydaily.com

[off topic aside]:

I also found this rather interesting image on the aforementioned site:

Source | DARPA's ISIS Project Seeks Slow, Soaring Surveillance Superiority (updated)
And:
Source | RAYTHEON TO DEVELOP WORLD'S LARGEST
X-BAND ANTENNA

These sure look an awful lot like many of the other ufo's that have been reported over the years, don't they?

[/off topic aside]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
goosdawg, thank you for sharing this find

IMHO, it's not so easy to assest its real origin:

It apparently looks to be made by the same material of the clouds:

of course its shape would suggest that it's a balloon, but IMHO is not so easy to state it:

Ah, and (only) at the start, its shape is clearly elongated:
this is interesting, even because its elongation looks a little abnormal: neither in direction of the flight nor in direction top bottom).

and while in flight its contour are never sharp, and somehow looks to interact with clouds, adn besides it disappears suddenly.
It recalls me the one of this sequence of pic from Portland,
(here brightness and contrast are increased, but IMHO looks much alike).

Even in Ottawa has been filmed a similar one, buth it was brighter than this one.

The surface of the one posted by you does not look to be refexive at all, and the film is to short in order to assest its general behaviour in flight and its flight-path, which looks to be constant in altitude, direction and speed, but i could be wrong. The speed is also interesting, IMHO, it doesn't fly so slow...

[edit on 10/10/2007 by internos]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
With all due respect, that thing is flying much too fast for a common weather balloon unless caught in some weird jetstream. If it followed cloud movement even slightly I'd bite. That is quite anomalous either way.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong OK. It just looks like a regular balloon that a child would let go and watch sail away with the wind. But since there's no way to prove one way or the other what it could be then it's just another ufo video.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thanks for your input Internos!

And even though it goes behind/through a cloud early on, when the videographer loses track of the object, it just seems to disappear *poof* and it's gone.

But as it disappears, it almost seems to make a sharp turn to the right, away from the camera, no?

And the clouds at that point don't seem to be dense enough for the object to be obscured.

Can you detect a payload suspended beneath the object that would cause the apparent distortion or wobble to it's flight?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Thanks for your input Internos!

And even though it goes behind/through a cloud early on, when the videographer loses track of the object, it just seems to disappear *poof* and it's gone.

But as it disappears, it almost seems to make a sharp turn to the right, away from the camera, no?

And the clouds at that point don't seem to be dense enough for the object to be obscured.

Can you detect a payload suspended beneath the object that would cause the apparent distortion or wobble to it's flight?

It actually turns to its right, before vanishing:

the movement of the camera person, seems the natural of the one who has lost the object in target.
and the speed + the path cannot be linked to easy to the one af a simple balloon: remember that its fligh path is horizontal, and that it actually turns: the first thing i've looked for was a payload, since at the start it appears elongated (and a balloon in movement in direction right-left with a payload at its bottom would look so, elongated in direction bottom-right-top left) but i could not see any payload. Sadly, the video is short. But if it was a simple balloon, the wind should have suddenly changed its direction of approx. 110 degrees

[edit on 10/10/2007 by internos]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
It actually turns to its right, before vanishing:

Ok! That's what I thought!

the movement of the camera person, seems the natural of the one who has lost the object in target.
Sadly, the video is short.

If you observe the position of the clouds in the early wide shot, with the trees visible, and make note of the area where the object later disappears, you can see the videographer isn't even close in their effort to re-acquire the target, once they lose sight of it for the last time.

They REALLY did lose it, you can tell by the camera movement as they search for it, they haven't a clue where it went.

And, yep, it's not long enough, dang-it!

But if it was a simple balloon, the wind should have suddenly changed its direction of approx. 90 degrees

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm no meteorologist, but could that be attributed to a wind shear effect? At what altitude is that a concern?

Thanks again, Internos, always a pleasure!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm sorry but how do you see it turning right? All I see is it going, going, going, Gone!! I feel that's how small it was. A balloon that was lost in the wind. I've flown a kite that the higher or lower I go changes direction. I still could be wrong and in no way can say I'm right, but that's my take on this video.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Disclose.tv videos are SO hard to analyze, as is.

*Stupid throbbing in-frame pause icon!*

Here's the deal, listen to the audio, you can hear when the zoom lens is activated by the whirring sound of the motor, and observing the concurrent focus change in the video.

Leading up to the object's hasty departure, the orb can be seen to visually shrink smaller very rapidly, and yet there is no concurrent audio cue to indicate that this shrinking effect is due to the use of the zoom lens.

The object just suddenly zips away from the camera at such a high rate of speed the videographer has trouble keeping it in frame.
This change in velocity results in an image of three separate orbs on one frame, and two on the next!
I suppose the "multiple orb instances" effect could also be due in part, or wholly, to the videographer's rapid movement of the camera, while trying to keep the object in view.

Nevertheless, the following frames, in order of appearance, illustrate this effect:

These were captured at full screen display, doubled in size, with an adjustment to the histogram settings to better contrast the orb against the sky. The "stupid throbbing in-frame pause icon" was left in place to serve as a reference point.

I discovered something else while clicking through the frames!

Shortly after the video begins, the orb is obscured by a cloud.

As the orb becomes visible again, it appears to punch a hole through the cloud as it exits!

This hole can be observed to expand as the orb continues it's trajectory.

It looks not unlike a hand opening, as the orb passes through.

The following five frames are in sequence, illustrating the expanding void.

The smoky shape to the right of the orb's bright spot is the area to compare from frame to frame.

These frames were all captured at full screen display, with adjustments to the histogram settings to enhance the contrast. And, again, the "stupid throbbing in-frame pause icon" was left in place to serve as a reference point.

Would this effect be caused by an object flying through the cloud under it's own power?

Or could this be due to the object being pushed through on a rapid, concentrated wind current?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

[off topic aside]:

I also found this rather interesting image on the aforementioned site:

Humm, is it just me, or those baloons are not even real? I mean, the shadow that the top one is projecting on the other one is, IMO, completely wrong. Not to mention the texture and the borders of the thing, particularly the one on bottom. It looks like photoshop to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

Yeah, that's definitely a computer generated image of a Raytheon concept.

I didn't mean to confuse the issue at hand by posting an off-topic image, sorry.

It's proposed to be a high altitude observational platform, a radar antenna, for the military.

I've e-mailed the person who posted the "orb" video.

Perhaps we'll see what can be gleaned from anything they can add to this investigation.

Thanks for your interest.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

goosdawg, do you know if there's any way to upload the video to another website (from dosclosetv i can't download it in order open it in a editor) ?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Haven't a clue, sorry.

I laboriously clicked through the video and used the windows "print screen" feature to isolate the frames of interest, but that accursed "stupid throbbing in-frame pause icon" was a REAL hindrance.

[quick aside] Allow me to give a thumbs up at this time for an imaging program available for download called PhotoFiltre. They've got a Freeware version, too! Closest thing to Photoshop I've found yet, a lot cheaper, and quite robust. Guess I'm gonna have to pony-up for the registration key soon...

[/quick aside]

Perhaps if the person who originally posted it to Disclose.tv replies to my e-mail, we'll be able to work something out with them.

I certainly hope so!

Thanks, as always, for your interest and assistance, internos.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Haven't a clue, sorry.

... but that accursed "stupid throbbing in-frame pause icon" was a REAL hindrance....

That's the problem # 1 .. darn, i hate that useless icon.
Anyway, found this video on youtube:

It's titled:
ついに丹那で・UFO

And the comment says:

滝地ランディングで不思議な飛行物体と遭遇!限りなく未確認な物体は関さんと僕をオレ ンジ色の光線で包み込んで・・・

Please, don't ask me what does it mean because i've no idea (it should be japaneese, i know that there should be some japaneese member here on ATS.
Anyway, it looks similar to your one, what do you think about?

[edit on 11/10/2007 by internos]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Nice find, internos!

The text in question, roughly translated:

"A flight object and the encounter that are mysterious by waterfall place landing! The limitlessly unconfirmed object wraps up Seki and me by orange rays; ..."

Hmm, I didn't see the "orange rays" but the I DID see the object!

Oh, and the title translated means:

"It is Tanna at last"

Couldn't tell you who "Tanna" is but apparently they were waiting for them...

<<   2 >>

join