It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel may approve a divided Jerusalem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Israel may approve a divided Jerusalem

www.foxnews.com

JERUSALEM  —  A confidant of Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Monday that his government would support a division of Jerusalem, which is reportedly a key component of an Israeli-Palestinian declaration to be made at a U.S.-sponsored Mideast peace conference next month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It seems to me that once again the ball in on the Palestinian side to come trough on this one. This type of intiatives in my opinion are the ones that could bring stability to the region, this is no small steps though.

It would be good to see a positive response from the Palestinian government.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Your thread is about to hit and fall off the recent post board so I am giving it a bump up.

I would think this is pretty important info, but I personally have tried to no avail to understand the inner workings of the Israel "conflict".

It seems to permeate politics in every way but is so *wordy* when you try to read up on it you almost have to be a political scientist to make any real sense or to have enough understanding to speak on the subject.

Convenient, huh?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

if this is true then this is a bold move by isreal

it may not be the full package most palistinians want (all their land back) but its s start and hamas should take this as a good sign and try get the talks moving with their counter parts

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Isn't the division of Jerusalem part of biblical prophecy?

I recall reading that somewhere, will have to confirm it, but if it is, I think the implications of such an act could be another step closer to "end of days" prophecy spoken about by both religions.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I agree

This is a very complicated issue and when you throw in the blood that has been spilled on both sides it makes it a besides a political issue a emotional one.

I have never lived in the region but I bet that every citizen on both sides of the issue has been exposed to the violence that this conflict has brought, everyone should have a friend, family member or had experience themselves, which makes it harder for them all.

Like I said hopefully this will a step in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Although the paelestinian side will look like a junkyard soon thereafter, it is a very important move to give the people their own space already.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

I recall reading that somewhere, will have to confirm it, but if it is, I think the implications of such an act could be another step closer to "end of days" prophecy spoken about by both religions.

I would be interested in reading anything you find on that.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

I'm certainly not an expert, but I don't think so. I think the basic Jewish prophecy is that all of Israel will return to Jewish leadership under a King from the House of David. Christians believe this to be the return of Jesus Christ. In both religions, the Holy Temple of God will need to be rebuilt on the temple mount where the mosques are today before these things could take place.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Only if Israel changes its stance when it comes to dealing with the democratic elected hamas government.

As far as I'm concerned they should deal with who ever is willing to work for peace, even if Hamas has blood in their hands so the Israeli government too, so they should bury the past and start working for its people and their future IMO.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm thinking it's the book of Daniel, or is it in Revelations.. no I think it's the book of Daniel, I have to get my bible out, and try to find it, I also read a prophecy book about it I think. Gonna go look for that too.

but I did find this, not exactly what I was thinking of, but along the same lines:

THE DIVIDING OF JERUSALEM

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
well after trying to find all my books, I believe it is the Book of Zechariah and not Daniel that I was thinking of. The book of Daniel does include prophetic visions, which relates to the rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem not the destruction.

I believe the passage of Zechariah that best relates to the division of Jerusalem is Zechariah 14:3 and Zechariah 12:2

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
They may be willing to divide Jerusalem, but its not Greater Jerusalem where the biggest problems lie. Its the Old City, and Al Aqsa is the center.

How much would someone like to bet that the Old City is in the half Israel plans to keep for themselves.

Whenever the disposition of Jeruslaem is being discussed look at what is planned for the old city. And expect propaganda from both sides.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Malichai]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Malichai

In his speech, at the opening of parliament's winter session, Olmert said Israel would have to give up some of its deepest desires — an apparent reference to vacating Israeli settlements in the West Bank — and added that the Palestinians "will have to deal with the need to concede part of their dreams in order to build with us a realistic, if not ideal, if not perfect" future of peace and security.

In essence my friend that is what is all about, none of them is going to get it all, so they need to deal from realistic point of view. I think Olmert is signaling good intentions and Abbas also, the problem is that Abbas is not in charge. Hopefully this can be worked out, but the fact that Israel seems willing to negotiate this is in fact a huge leap foward in this issue.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The Arabs will never go for that, They want it all. I wish someone would make Olmert go away. He is a moron and a traitor. Even if he gave the so called Palestinians the pre-67 land they would still be attacking Israel.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I take this as a sign that the Israeli .gov is not completely stupid.
They know that if they want to survive as a country, they have to come to some kind of reconciliation with the Palestinians.

So they are offering Fatah an olive branch as they position themselves to face Hamas.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

A traitor for trying to work for peace? That's some extreme views my friend.

We have already gave war a chance to provide a solution for this conflict and nothing good has come out of it. Let's try diplomacy for a change, if nothing comes out of it we are going to have what we had in the beggining which is war.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
As much as I want to see peace in Israel/Palestine the comments made by Sky Watcher seem to be the truth. Israel offers to give up more and more and its still not enough for the Palestinians. Im convinced that they will not stop until every Israeli is either dead or flees to another country.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Does the Koran even explicitly say Mohammad ascended to heaven from Jerusalem (let alone that exact spot on the temple mount)?

I think I read somewhere that it doesn't that's just assumed.

If I'm wrong, please deny my ignorance with Koranic text.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This sounds like a good step in the right direction... compromise.

However, my ct bug just kicked in and I am now thinking of the possibility of this being a propaganda move to show good faith on the part of Israel, which was never intending on following through. Because... a mindless terrorist attack in Israel will kill this idea before it can be actually bought into.

Only time will tell. However, it was crazy to see Sharon pulling jews out of their synogogues when they left certain parts of the west bank. Ariel did die soon after.

All in all, I will hope for the prior, let's se this work!

AAC

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join