It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel may approve a divided Jerusalem

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I don't believe so, I refuse to believe that all Muslims want Israel and its people destroyed or killed, that insane and unrealistic for them.

I belive that many people on that region want peace and that can be achieveable. Terrorist are the minority and they will be defeated sooner or later IMO.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
As much as I want to see peace in Israel/Palestine the comments made by Sky Watcher seem to be the truth. Israel offers to give up more and more and its still not enough for the Palestinians. Im convinced that they will not stop until every Israeli is either dead or flees to another country.

The Arabs have never stopped offering peace for a full withdrawal behind the 1967 borders.

Israel has always refused. They won't give up the Old City. And the Muslims will not part with it.

And some of us Christians are getting upset about your mutual stupidity, but we could forgive you and write it off as Bunker Mentality after there is a resolution.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
All I can say is I hope that this is the turning point where the Israeli-Palestinian conflict begins to end...that is saying a lot, but I am hoping it does.

The amount of pain and horrific violence that goes on there every day is eating my soul alive...I know friends in Israel, I fear for their lives every day...the thought of something happening to them...

Please by the goddess make the violence stop...

[edit on 10/8/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
AFAIK due to bible prophecies a clear sign that WW3 is at the doorstep.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This would bring alot of stability in the region if this move is done.
Nice going by israel if they take this step, people would respect the jewish cominity more, it would be a just move to equality.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Jerusalem should become an International City something along the lines of the Vatican. No state should control such a historical city that in part is the root of many problems in the region. The next step would be to let the region sort its own problems out with less interference from the US.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Jerusalem will be a heavy stone burdening the whole world.... Zechariah 12:3.

No, Jerusalem is not in the Koran. They've supplanted it into their beliefs, just like all Holy Jewish sites. Mohammed tried to become an apostle before he was laughed out of Jerusalem. Thus the need to be all things Jewish. Truth Envy I guess.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Why should any one single group have any control over it?

The fact of the matter is, Jerusalem is and always will be till it is erased a highly contested zone. The only logical option for such a place is for the Israeli Government to allow it to be controlled by an outside organization - of course not a Nation - but rather a group, similar to the United Nations. They should then allow any religious group to have a representative on a council and the city should be policed by the United Nations.

The Israeli and Palestinian Government should then have it as their "office". This would be a start to solving the problem.

The problem is, if anything does happen because of one individual towards the Israeli's they will take the offer back. This isn't fair and isn't how you deal with terrorist or people in general. The British Government showed this while the I.R.A. was active, tehre were moments, set backs due to one group or the other but we didn't start bombing every individual to hell and back because of one person.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

No, Jerusalem is not in the Koran. They've supplanted it into their beliefs, just like all Holy Jewish sites. Mohammed tried to become an apostle before he was laughed out of Jerusalem. Thus the need to be all things Jewish. Truth Envy I guess.

It's interesting how you warp things to your own twisted little image.

Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant (Muhammad) for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).

That's taken from the Qur'an the "Farthest Mosque" is a translation of Al-Aqsa Mosque. That's in Jerusalem. Chapter 17 verse 1 of the Qur'an.

You also fail to point out that Jerusalum was the first Qibla.

I wonder why you lied to us?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Amazing.

The original plan for the partition of Palestine called for Jerusalem to be an international city. Israel ignored it. In 1969, Israel was given a slap on the wrist in the form of UN SCR 267 for annexing East Jerusalem. It was ignored - just as Israel has ignored the other 9 resolutions explicitly concerning the status of Jerusalem. Like this one from 1980.

Israel has a long history of doing whatever it wants, where Jerusalem is concerned - regardless of international censure.

I`m willing to bet that this hint of a possible concession comes at a heavy heavy price to be paid out by the Palestinian side - for example, asking the Palestinians to give up still more land in the West Bank (again.) or accept further restrictions on travel between Gaza and the WB, or allow for the movement of Palestinian towns that sit between settlements to another location, or abandoning the Right of Return and all claim to Israel. The Palestinians will walk from the table because the deal stinks to high heaven, Olmert will conclude that they are no partner to the Peace Process, and the American Press will be right there with him. Seems to be the way these things go.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

No need to come to conclusions yet as this is part of the preliminary process of peace negotiations that Olmert and Abbas had already started

In their meetings, Abbas and Olmert have already talked in broad strokes about some of the difficult issues. For example, both raised the idea of a possible land swap, in which Israel would keep some West Bank land to incorporate Jewish settlements, and would compensate the Palestinians with the same amount of Israeli territory.

Olmert's aides have said the two talked about the principle, not about percentages.

The related article
www.foxnews.com...

Abbas amd Olmert have at least a general understanding of what is going to take for this to work, that in it of itself is a huge leap from where the issue standed 3 to 5 years ago. Lets be positive about this one.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

3 to 5 years ago... that would be the era that followed the Israeli offer at... what was it, Camp David? The one that Arafat rejected because it was such a lousy deal. The international press covered it as such, but the American media treated it like he had walked away from the deal of the century - to the point where many Americans still believe it.

Same again. I`ve seen nothing from Olmert to show that he`s serious about bringing Peace to the region - what with bombing the hell out of Lebanon, and the subsequent near-weekly incursions into Lebanese airspace, raids on Syria, and so forth.

Wait and see, I guess... but a concession on East Jerusalem on the Israeli part should be treated as what it is: an agreement to finally adhere to international law, as opposed to a grand gesture of the peacemaker.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

It's interesting how you warp things to your own twisted little image.

Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant (Muhammad) for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).

That's taken from the Qur'an the "Farthest Mosque" is a translation of Al-Aqsa Mosque. That's in Jerusalem. Chapter 17 verse 1 of the Qur'an.

You also fail to point out that Jerusalum was the first Qibla.

I wonder why you lied to us?

The Muslims have to decide to either believe that Mohammed ascended from the Temple Mount and therefore admit the existence of the Jewish temple there or deny that the Jewish temple was there which would negate the interpretation of the distant mosque from the Quran as referring to Jerusalem and lose any claim to that city as sacred to Muslims.

You really should do more research on subjects before you start bad mouthing others. I will not lower myself to that level.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
reply to post by Bunch

Wait and see, I guess... but a concession on East Jerusalem on the Israeli part should be treated as what it is: an agreement to finally adhere to international law, as opposed to a grand gesture of the peacemaker.

Whatever you want to call it, I just call it a step towards peace, the international community and their greed and disdain from the people that live in the region is what created this mess in the first place, so if the 2 sides has taken it upon themselves to find a way for peace, I don't want to see any country get in the way, not the US not Iran, not Syria, UN, Arab nations, no one, just keep them as far away possible from this negotiations.

I don't care about any international laws made by the very same people that created this conflict that has cost the lives of thousands of people.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

Terra... would you mind elaborating just a bit more. I've got a close friend that I asked to view this thread, and he's spoken to me about these events.

Anyone know what kind of deal is being looked at?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
maybe they decided they don't want the world to end over some BS.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
compromise..
this is a goodstep.
a baby step..
but a good step..

good on the israeli's...

now its time they started looking at right of return!

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

The Muslims have to decide to either believe that Mohammed ascended from the Temple Mount and therefore admit the existence of the Jewish temple there or deny that the Jewish temple was there which would negate the interpretation of the distant mosque from the Quran as referring to Jerusalem and lose any claim to that city as sacred to Muslims.

Where in the Qur'an does it state that he had to ascend from the Temple Mount? I just did a quick search and I can't find that.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Odium

Al-Aqsa is the Temple Mount.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

No its just sitting on top of where it is. Everyone here wants peace, However we should all know it will be a false peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join