It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how much past since the last miracle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
in the past the miracles were happening "aften" now they don't at all!

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It was probably about 2 seconds ago. Miricales happen all the time. They're just not written about in the Bible anymore. For example, my mom has had extream knee problems for the past several years. 3 weeks ago, she went through a prayer line, or, as it was refered to at my church, a fire shute, and was completely healed. She no longer feels ANY pain in her knees. I'd call that a miracle, I don't know about you. But healing was one of Jesus's miracles, and it still takes place today!

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I agree, miracles still take place. People just don't want out for them anymore. Whether by Jesus, or some other force, I'm not sure. I am sure they do happen, however.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A guy over the road got married ages ago. Living happilly with his wife and then something hapepned and she became a paraplegic...Couldn't walk. And she had terrible pain in her back.

She had this pain for about 3 weeks straight. She was in so much pain she was screaming in agony. Herhusband couldn't take any mroe of it and one night before going to bed prayed to God with all his heart that God would help her out and make the pain disappear becasue she is hurting soo much and it just tears him to bits. The next day she awoke and the pain was gone.

He called that a miracle. I call that a miracle. Many others he's told have said thats a miracle. I'd definately have to say that it's a miracle.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Agreed DaRAGE. I would call that a miracle, too. Miracles are happening all the time, maybe on a smaller or larger scale, they still happen.

BTW: CyberGhost, this is the second time within 30 minutes that you posted these types of 1 - 2 line posts..I don't know if its against any rules off the top of my head, but I think it is...

-wD

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
There are no miracles. There are Powers. The limbs of Love. And there are quite stupid writing traditions.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Miracles according to the roman catholic church happen all the time, every year there are more and more people beatified, sainted, and so forth, just go to the popes homepage (ill find it later) and it shows each years list of people.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Pope who? I don't know him. Woe to the pope and his church. God's miracles in the end time is disasters and cataclysm and the greatest s.o.s. call of all times.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I for one don't believe in miracles. However, I do believe that they are instances in nature that have yet to be explained.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Between a miracle and a coincidence. Theres a difference between being healed, and healing ones self and believing he was healed by a divine power.
Many pain ailments are figments of the imagination ANYWAY.
C'mon people, we are not talking about mind over matter situations, selfhealing, or the "miracle of childbirth.
When was the last time you saw water turn to wine, eh?
Hey Ive seen thousands of rocks and not ONE of them turned into chow, know what I mean.
Has anyone, in the last 100 years or so walked on water?
I didnt think so
Give us some good miracles, and not a sweat stain of the holy mother on the crack of your drawers either

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think "miracles" do occur, but people are afraid to claim it as a "miracle"because they fear the ridicule that is bound to follow.

if a christian experiences a miracle he says "jesus did it"
if a jew experiences a miracle he say "yahweh did it"
if a muslim experiences a miracle he says "allah did it"

therefore, the real miracle get lost in the claim of religion...those who oppose the religion will do everything to prove it wrong and those who favor the religion will accept it as "miracle" without question.

can't win either way, so if you experience a miracle, be thankful and keep it to yourself.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
One premise must be answered before we can move on to the next and that is:

"What is a miracle?"

Here is one interpretation taken from dictionary.com:

miracle

an event in the external world brought about by the immediate agency or the
simple volition of God, operating without the use of means capable of being
discerned by the senses, and designed to authenticate the divine commission of
a religious teacher and the truth of his message (John 2:18; Matt. 12:38). It
is an occurrence at once above nature and above man. It shows the intervention
of a power that is not limited by the laws either of matter or of mind, a power
interrupting the fixed laws which govern their movements, a supernatural power.
"The suspension or violation of the laws of nature involved in miracles is
nothing more than is constantly taking place around us. One force counteracts
another: vital force keeps the chemical laws of matter in abeyance; and
muscular force can control the action of physical force. When a man raises a
weight from the ground, the law of gravity is neither suspended nor violated,
but counteracted by a stronger force. The same is true as to the walking of
Christ on the water and the swimming of iron at the command of the prophet. The
simple and grand truth that the universe is not under the exclusive control of
physical forces, but that everywhere and always there is above, separate from
and superior to all else, an infinite personal will, not superseding, but
directing and controlling all physical causes, acting with or without them."
God ordinarily effects his purpose through the agency of second causes; but he
has the power also of effecting his purpose immediately and without the
intervention of second causes, i.e., of invading the fixed order, and thus of
working miracles. Thus we affirm the possibility of miracles, the possibility
of a higher hand intervening to control or reverse nature's ordinary movements.
In the New Testament these four Greek words are principally used to designate
miracles: (1.) Semeion, a "sign", i.e., an evidence of a divine commission; an
attestation of a divine message (Matt. 12:38, 39; 16:1, 4; Mark 8:11; Luke
11:16; 23:8; John 2:11, 18, 23; Acts 6:8, etc.); a token of the presence and
working of God; the seal of a higher power.

This appears to be what we are referencing in the original question. If everyone can agree to some extent what we are describing as a "miracle", then we may actually get somewhere with this thread

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
im not sure about miracles, but pretty much the entire side of my mums family believes they were led/saved from communism/utter death by god from russia to china to australia and to canada. it's pretty freaky, the # that happened that is. nonetheless, it has made me really wonder about it all. i think i posted the link before to my uncles interesting story about it all before, but if anyone wants it, i'll post it again here.

new topics

top topics

join