It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP's? real? fake?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Im a bit of a believer in EVP's. Although I do think there a plenty of fakes out there. The ghost hunter group TAPS caught some pretty awesome ones when they did their lighthouse investigation.

I'm with you on this one neighbour regarding genuine EVP's...

TAPS is my all time fav group and I have to agree that the 'Lighthouse Investigation' in particular was VERY impressive ... not only the EVP's but also the visuals were A-MAZING!

I have done some EVP work in my bedroom on several occasions and at times leaving the digital recorder to run overnight … I've not picked up anything as yet, apart from the incessant snoring that you would imagine coming from a Rottweiler rather than a Chihuahua … that in itself could be classed as 'para'normal

Anyway where was I … oh yeah, I hope to one day have the opportunity to visit such places that have been known to experience paranormal happenings and maybe even catch something myself which would be brilliant … I am a little skeptic when it comes to listening to other peoples recordings, especially when not knowing the background into what kind of environment the recordings took place and whether or not the person/s doing such can be trusted but I think that's a healthy way to be and as long as you keep your mind open to the possibilities by judging each case individually then I think much can be learned…

Great topic by the way

[edit on 15/1/09 by NightMyst]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I do believe in evp's, anyone hear about the evp telephone, it was a radio like device that a scientist made and supposedly died and helped the person that turned it on make it work better and there's an over 1 hour conversation with this evp machine, I've heard about 2 minutes of the conversation and it's pretty clear to make out what he was saying, could be a hoax, haven't researched it but it was on art bell, I don't doubt we can make an evp telephone to communicate with the dead, but I'd be too scared to use one, it'd be like the modern day ouiji board.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NightMyst

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I think they are not fake...nor are they real. I believe they are audio simulacra - the human brain seeks out a pattern it can recognise in everything to make it feel familiar.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I cannot tell you honestly what that is but i know EVP's are popular in Japan and to a lesser extent Shinto and Eastern concepts of metaphysics, aside that i personally believe some concepts of the afterlife are being used in different areas of the world to "hit the culture gene" and pretty much hoax alot of people into "thinking of higher concepts" which essentially can work for change but it comes down to do we need to be lied to to grow?

Alas, its just my opinion and its all i expect people to take it as.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I don't doubt we can make an evp telephone to communicate with the dead, but I'd be too scared to use one, it'd be like the modern day ouiji board.

Yeah I think I also would be a little freaked out by this concept ... a little too much too soon for me.

Can't say I have heard about this 'radio' you talk of, however I have heard of 'Frank's Box' which I've made reference to under a different thread titled 'White Noise'...
It's an interesting piece of equipement and is worth taking a look at ... I will post the You Tube link up again

au.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
@ Razimus

The link you posted for You Tube is not working, would you mind trying again ... Thanks!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I think a lot of EVPs are real. I think even more are stretches of the imagination. But I do believe there is such thing as a legitimate EVP.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just wondered if anyone fancied posting there favourite links to EVP's?

I would love to hear some more! Cheers

tO

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I would like to add an experience that happened in 1972 to my ex in-laws. I never thought of this experience as being an EVP, till today.

While staying with my mother and father in-law, as hubby was doing basic training, they had a habit of every Saturday night playing cards,drink a fifth of Jack Daniels,and father in-law playing guitar and both would sing old gospel songs and they would record these events on an old reel to reel tape recorder.

This Saturday night, I thought I would make them breakfast since I could not sleep for all their rowdiness. While preparing breakfast, they were singing a song (can't remember the song title) but it had a lyric like, "as I turn the pages" and they were recording this song while intoxicated.

The following Saturday, they brought out the recorder to set it up for their nights antics, and decided to listen to what they had done the previous Saturday so they could have a good laugh at themselves.

As I walked into the kitchen, they both had a look of sheer terror on their faces. I asked what was wrong, so they turned on the recorder for me to listen. I was in shock. Clearly on the tape was a strong tenor voice singing in the background along with them. When the lyrics of "as I turn the pages" was heard, in the background you could clearly hear what sounded like a bible with the pages being fanned.This was throughout the whole song that was recorded.

Also in the background, you could clearly hear me moving pans and opening the oven door. I was freaked out to say the least. This event changed them drastically. They never touched a drop of liquor again.

I had totally dropped this from my memory until I read this thread. I am freaked out again. That strong tenor voice was so eerie.

I

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sequence

Haha, it's 7:30am here in England, and that story just sent a HUGE chill down my back!

Thanks for sharing!

I'm still yet to experience an EVP for myself, but I will keep trying!

tO

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOmen
Just wondered if anyone fancied posting there favourite links to EVP's?

Here's a couple I found interesting...

Ghost Hunters - EVP 4/16/08 T.A.P.S

au.youtube.com...

Villisca Axe Murder House - EVPs

au.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NightMyst

Thanks, I'll have to look in a few hours as I'm at work, but I'm looking forward to it!

Cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightMyst

Originally posted by Razimus
I don't doubt we can make an evp telephone to communicate with the dead, but I'd be too scared to use one, it'd be like the modern day ouiji board.

Yeah I think I also would be a little freaked out by this concept ... a little too much too soon for me.

Can't say I have heard about this 'radio' you talk of, however I have heard of 'Frank's Box' which I've made reference to under a different thread titled 'White Noise'...
It's an interesting piece of equipement and is worth taking a look at ... I will post the You Tube link up again

au.youtube.com...

First time I've ever seen such a thing but interesting part is someone else took a cheap radio from radio shack that had a button that you press and it non stop cycled through the entire bandwidth.

He tried what this guy does and seem to have better results on the AM band than the FM.

Problem is there is always some type of sound before and after the comments that came through the radio. So it's not very easy to hear for the most part. I would assume it's genuine because it looks like a total cost of 20 bucks to do what he did. He seems a little freaked out by it too so more creditability there too but I never heard of him so could be a hoax but cheap enough to try out on your own.

That being said question is, is it possible to inhibit a certain area of the house that blocks actual air wave transmissions so you have the same bandwidth receiver operating but get only noise that is transmitted inside the room. By doing this you could see if it was actually the brain just trying to make things out of sounds or if there really is something to this.

Now if this did work then hook up a computer to the radio in such a way it will tell exactly what frequency these sounds come through at initially and then disperse at as it's cycling.

Then create a receiver for just that area of frequencies if there does seem to be a pattern. I just mention it because at times it sounds as if the so called voice is cut off mid sentence.

Just an idea and chances are wouldn't work but is somewhere to start with anyway assuming you do actually receive in a closed off area.

Edit: Link

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Darthorious]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join