It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP's? real? fake?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I found these recordings of some EVP's.

EVP

What's everyone think of them?

Do you think EVP's are real?

[edit on 6-10-2007 by TheOmen]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here is some more info for those of you that may not be aware of what EVP's are.

Wiki

ghost finders

And here is a massive gallery from ghost pix

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Im a bit of a believer in EVP's. Although I do think there a plenty of fakes out there. The ghost hunter group TAPS caught some pretty awesome ones when they did their lighthouse investigation.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Interesting, I'm not sure whether they're real or not cos to be honest, I don't think I'd have the guts to do a recording myself!
Do you have a link to those recordings?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

I actually saw the video on youtube. Do you want the link to that?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

If you have it then yes please!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think with anything that has to do with the paranormal there are alot of fakes. I know TAPS has some good ones but I don't think they put them on the internet but people put up the episodes on youtube. They also got some good ones on their last episode and they were spooky. They were at a baby clothes shop and the owners thought that a former employee was there and her name was Jean and the first EVP said there is no Jean here. The second one just said please just leave us alone.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

www.youtube.com...

Thats the link to part one of the lighthouse investigation because I couldnt remember what part had the EVP's in it. Well worth checking out the whole epsiode though. Its one of their best

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I know EVP happens on a hrtz voice range that is impossible for human vocal cords to produce, usually on the lower range. Either its god, aliens, or some other race communicating. It is very real. Good post omen!!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 1337cshacker

Thanks cshacker, I didn't know about the hz range! So its very real then, wow.
I think I might have to try it now! Is there any particular way? Or do I just record an empty quite room?

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hello omen,

To answer your question on EVP's, over the past 14 years i've been investigating, I actually have only caught a hand full of good clear EVP's, yet to be honest i prefer EVP's over photo's, being that EVP's to me, are more real and as long as there clear enough to actually hear them, to me, my opinion is that there a communication break through for us. But there are tons of fakes that kinda hurt our real investigations and cause 'doubt" where it doesn't need to be. But as I say, only post things that are undoubtfully real and leave the public to judge it as they see fit.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hello again omen,

If you talk while your recording and there is a spirit amongst you, it will use either the engery from your battery in your recorder or your own body energy to talk..this is a very helpful tip.....remember spirits once use to be alive like us, so talk to them the same way you talk to your buddy....you'll get results!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Somehow I think this is for real. I can't put my finger on just why but somehow I do. I think the evidence is pretty overwhelming for ghosts, also.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Every year taps go to penn university or they have a seminar on the paranormal. They take an evp right infront of you they let you ask the ghost a question. It is pretty cool. My mom loved it. I had enough evp's at home thou I've heard some crazy things that most people would not believe but I would love to go to penn this year and check it out.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow thanx for your replies everyone, this is definatly something I will checkout further.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think they're real, but of course anything can be faked.

I think you have to take the integrity of the investigator into account when judging EVP (or photographic) authenticity.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
they are deffinately real. i'm not saying that there aren't fakes out there but i've done it and got some crazy stuff back

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If they are in fact real (which I think they most likely are) then it's bloody weird isn't it?
I mean I'm no expert by all means, but if you record yourself talking, and then play it back later, and hear someone answering you?
Well I can say I'm never gonna do it in my bedroom thats for sure!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've heard some pretty amazing EVPs, as well as recorded some of my own both on purpose and by accident. It's a pretty interesting and also creepy phenomenon. I know there are theories to explain why humans see faces in everyday objects, and why we tend to pick up "words" in backmasking (backwards speech and music), but I haven't heard anyone try to explain how ordinary background noise can form such articulate human-sounding phrases.

It's worth noting that I've only heard EVPs in English.... is it a worldwide phenomenon? I suppose one way to slightly lend some credence to EVP would be to go to a country where no one speaks English, like a small city somewhere in Asia, and see if you can record EVPs... if they are English messages coming back, it's probably not a real phenomenon (unless spirits gain the ability to speak all languages upon death.) If you can go to various countries and the spirits speak in all their native tongues, then it lends a bit of credence to EVP. I don't know if it has ever been done...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is a bit off topic since its just sound experiences, but still.

While I was sleeping at my brothers house (he was away on vacation), I would wake up several times in the middle of the night by huge bang sounds. It sounded like someone would slam a wooden door shut or something. The cat who was sleeping in my bed shot straight up into the air by that sound, looking very worried. I was frankly scared too, because it happened several times in a row that night. I thought it was maybe something with the wood or something, so I just accepted it and fell asleep again.

Then when I woke up that morning I heard this breathing sound in the room, coming from the sofa next to me (room was dark so I couldnt see anything). I first thought I must be imagining it, so I listened to 4 or 5 breaths. Then I said "hello?" and the sound stopped. That freaked me out big time.

The last experience I had from that house was another night when I was sleeping and I woke up by hearing someone walking on the porch outside in the snow. You know that typical sound you get when someone with shoes walks in snow. It sounded exactly like that. But I couldnt see anything outside so I went back to sleep. Then I remember dreaming that these footsteps got louder and louder, until I woke up realizing it wasnt a dream - i was actually hearing these steps just on the other side of the door! I almost panicked and got up quickly to find a weapon of some sorts, but then it was completely silent again. I couldnt get back to sleep for several hours.

I know its easy to believe im making this crap up, but I swear I am not, and I would easily take a lie detector test on it. This is the truth, I promise you all.

Anyway, very scary. But its because of these (and some others) experiences that I know there is more to this world than we see with our eyes.

I have never had anything strange happen in my current apartment though. Been here since 1999 now. Absolutely nothing.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Copernicus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join