It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel may have tricked Syria radars to hide raid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Israel may have tricked Syria radars to hide raid

www.news.com.au

ISRAELI fighter planes may have managed to escape detection by Syrian radars during their September 6 raid by forcing the detection system to make a mistake, Aviation Week magazine reported.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Wow, so they can take over as systems administrator.?? Doesnt this mean they have access to the network. Thats exactly what it means, this also means they must have somebody on the inside.

I seriously dont believe this report. Just the Article headline is off putting "Israel may have tricked Syria radars to hide raid"

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
With every week that goes by, Israel tries to find another way to use this story (however true or false it may be) to make their military "penis" look larger.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
With every week that goes by, Israel tries to find another way to use this story (however true or false it may be) to make their military "penis" look larger.

Have the Syrians even acknowledged the raid/bombing/fuel tank drop/munitions firing/assassination of NK engineers.

Any of the above

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyJo

I just want to know where the independently verifiable proof that any of this happened is. All too many are simply taking Israel at its (historically very tarnished) word.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyJo

Originally posted by uberarcanist

Have the Syrians even acknowledged the raid/bombing/fuel tank drop/munitions firing/assassination of NK engineers.

Any of the above

Yes the Syrians acknowledge the strike,except they are saying it was on a military building under contruction and it had no nuclear materials or N.Koreans in it.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Link/Source?
This is the breaking news section... you need to show your sources.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If this report were true, wouldn't Uncle Russia be TO'd? And maybe patch the exploit?

If, indeed, they exploited a bug or wrote a wallhack, certainly it'd be to the Israeli's disadvantage to take screenshots of it (so to speak).

Frick

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'd like to know the source of the things quoted by the OP. Where is any of this being reported?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
the heros of entebbe .destroyers of iraq nuke facility etc,etc.only the goose stepping anti semites here at ats would doudt this story.im sure the idf would crush your lame ass countries air defenses as easily as their arab enemies,lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I tried some searches on this, but have so far come up empty.
Again, need sources 'n links!!

reply to post by Xfile

Wha de hull wazzat?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xfile

Just say no!!

I have not seen anyone doubt the story, I have only seen people (myself included) ask for a source. I'm sorry but I do not believe anything I read just cause it is posted. Since when did wanting to do research and validate a claim become antisemic?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just a minor...

Formatting error by the OP... It's corrected so let's focus on the topic at hand.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Digging deeper I found the source from Aviation Week.

Why Syria's Air Defenses Failed to Detect Israelis

The big mystery of the strike is how did the non-stealthy F-15s and F-16s get through the Syrian air defense radars without being detected? Some U.S. officials say they have the answer.

U.S. aerospace industry and retired military officials indicated today that a technology like the U.S.-developed “Suter” airborne network attack system developed by BAE Systems and integrated into U.S. unmanned aircraft by L-3 Communications was used by the Israelis. The system has been used or at least tested operationally in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last year.

The technology allows users to invade communications networks, see what enemy sensors see and even take over as systems administrator so sensors can be manipulated into positions so that approaching aircraft can’t be seen, they say. The process involves locating enemy emitters with great precision and then directing data streams into them that can include false targets and misleading messages algorithms that allow a number of activities including control.

Also a reminder to all, the above is a blog entry, not to be confused with an actual report... but that is not to say it can't be true.

Heh. Hacking into the system. The next generation of warfare better damn well have a hacker unit. So next time you hear reports about Chinese hackers and what nots... no double standards, please.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Link/Source?
This is the breaking news section... you need to show your sources.

ewww sorry, my bad. But yes, Mirthful's link is the same source..

Thanks for the edit also Mirthful

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Regardless of the actual methods employed, it must have been very heavy for the lack of dialogue and secrecy on the event.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
the heros of entebbe .destroyers of iraq nuke facility etc,etc.only the goose stepping anti semites here at ats would doudt this story.im sure the idf would crush your lame ass countries air defenses as easily as their arab enemies,lol.

could you explain why saying anything against the state of israel is anti semites? shouldnt it also be anti islamic as a 1/5 are muslim

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Well, if Syria's air defense network is run on MS Windows, everything is possible... especially if they use the Explorer

If such system actually exists and is capable as stated, then why to buy new expensive aircraft, such as F-22 or B-2? Bring in old good Phantoms, Intruders etc. Hell, maybe a couple of Spitfires, too

There is also an interesting possibility I've read on one forum - the strike might have been commenced by the US, using B-2 or stuff like that, and Israel taking the 'credit'.

But really, we really have so little actual info on this event. Both sides are pretty silent, and that is VERY strange. Makes you wonder...

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
could you explain why saying anything against the state of israel is anti semites? shouldnt it also be anti islamic as a 1/5 are muslim

Well, perhaps because Israel is a country founded on Judaism for the Jewish people? And it is the -only- Jewish country in the world?

I know that being anti-Zionist does not equal anti-semitic as there are anti-Zionist Jews I am just stating the logic other people use and how it can be perceived.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join