It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got deja vu today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It happened in a coffee shop (i never go to coffee shops) that i'd never been to before. I had gone in and sat down, i stared from left to right taking the scene before me in and as i did this i got the deja vu. I knew i'd been there before. I'd seen this exact scene before. I saw it in a dream i'd had. Then i was thinking 'woah this is weird'. This all lasted about five seconds before i was spoken to and it ended and i sort of came to.

Looking back it was very strange experience. Im not sure how rare deja vu is but just thought i'd share this anyway.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by blueIII]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeh, it's happening a lot to me.... Just today when I was in class I thought I felt that EMOTION before, and being there at the same time....

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I shouldnt have said 'felt' when describing it in the present. At the time i didnt 'think' i'd been there before, i knew i had. I knew i had seen it in a dream or something. Edited OP.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by blueIII]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I usually only get that for a split second before it goes away. This is strange and a 'weird' example but my vocab isnt great ^^ but whenever I see/learn a completely new word that I'd never seen before, I see it within a week or so. What is it?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i have deja vu every morning at 7 o clock mon-fri and feels like i go to work...oh wait i do that everyday

deja vu is weird but i dont there is too much to read into, like a vision or a prophecy cause they happen so quick and are so vague

IMHO

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yeah it's not really unusual.

Though, ever had deja vu about having deja vu?
Happened on a few occassions with me. It really sends your mind on a loop.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks double-posts.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Comatose]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kifyt
but whenever I see/learn a completely new word that I'd never seen before, I see it within a week or so. What is it?

It's the typical result of awareness. It happenes to everyone. Someone tells you there's a bear pooping around everywhere and you go "Oh, shut up!" and the next day, the bear is following you around.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Temporal lobe epilepsy

It happened in a coffee shop (i never go to coffee shops) that i'd never been to before. I had gone in and sat down, i stared from left to right taking the scene before me in and as i did this i got the deja vu. I knew i'd been there before. I'd seen this exact scene before. I saw it in a dream i'd had. Then i was thinking 'woah this is weird'. This all lasted about five seconds before i was spoken to and it ended and i sort of came to.

What age are you? I assume you are in our middle to late teens which is about the time that my experiences with Deja-vu was on a rapid decline.

Looking back it was very strange experience. Im not sure how rare deja vu is but just thought i'd share this anyway.

Deja-vu is common in younger people. I presume this is due to adolescent changes usually around puberty (well it was for me)
Expect a few more experiences to follow and eventually a decline.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Mine last awhile, I can sometimes say ok this should happen next, finally I remember the dream I had, that matches to the situation.

I think It is just close enough to some dream that my mind thinks it has happened. Or I am a precog.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

I get the most vivid deja vu of anyone I've talked to. I'll dream something and the same exact moment with people I've never met before, go from fantasy to reality. From TWA flight 800 to sneaking into an amusement park...I've come full spectrum dream:reality. As interesting as it is, it's scary as hell. Having put yourself in the EXACT same situation in a dream just months prior, absolutely scares the s* out of me. There is a vast unknown out there and it's not good for an analytical mind to be put in those types of situations because it's unexplainable. And I go bananas trying to find "reason" in everything. For always "knowing" this is my closet issue. Too much for me to handle because I know nothing can be "proven."

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
That reminds me of a quote from the movie dog soldiers

Up until today you believed there was a line between myth and reality. Maybe a very fine line sometimes but at least there was a line. Those things out there are REAL. If they're real, what else is real? You know what lives in the shadows now. You may never get another night's sleep as long as you live.

When you have to wrap your mind around something outside of reality, it can shatter reality, and many lose there mind when they think to hard on it. There is a line however, it is the control of thought, stopping the conjecture that springs from the irrational. To understand the supernatural is to not expand it but to accept it. As more unreal pieces are added, you meld them in, yet do not expand the meaning beyond the experience, this limits the minds own spiral in a world without walls.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Deja vu is just a matrix glitch............we're all stuck in matrix....

As long as deja vues doesn't make any harm, everything's fine. Nothing to worry about.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
They've changed something! A deja vu usually means they have changed something within the matrix!

Ok, back to business:

I've read that deja vu experiences are "glitches" in your brain where you see something, and your brain proccess it but puts it in the wrong "folder". So the brain is like storing this new information it just recieved in your long term memory instead of short term. That's why you feel like you've "been here" or "done that" even though you didn't. Looks like the human brains need new patches from Humansoft!

And if you need sources i'll try to get them later. I'm just repeating this from memory, I did a science project on the human brain a few years ago

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyzera
They've changed something! A deja vu usually means they have changed something within the matrix!

Ok, back to business:

I've read that deja vu experiences are "glitches" in your brain where you see something, and your brain proccess it but puts it in the wrong "folder". So the brain is like storing this new information it just recieved in your long term memory instead of short term. That's why you feel like you've "been here" or "done that" even though you didn't. Looks like the human brains need new patches from Humansoft!

And if you need sources i'll try to get them later. I'm just repeating this from memory, I did a science project on the human brain a few years ago

What about dream. All my Deja Vu is almost absolute and comes from dreams. It creeps me out. I'm a skeptic and I'd like to keep it that way.
Hahaha.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
That reminds me of a quote from the movie dog soldiers

Up until today you believed there was a line between myth and reality. Maybe a very fine line sometimes but at least there was a line. Those things out there are REAL. If they're real, what else is real? You know what lives in the shadows now. You may never get another night's sleep as long as you live.

Funny you should say that actually, because I was reminded of a quote from the Matrix:

A Deja-Vu is usually a glitch in The Matrix. It happens when they change something.

So I guess the question is... has the OP noticed any windows getting bricked up lately?

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Terran Blue]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Matrix, yea I like that one.

My quote was directed at the dream/precog post me and DeadFlagBlues from previous post. The idea of something impossible being the explanation of Deju-vu

I have heard the brain glitch explanation, but I can think of specific times that does not apply. Although Scully said the brain glitch thing on X-files so got to give it credibility

I figure the dream deju vu goes something like this. We got 1000s of unknown memories in subconscious, they get jumbled together to form 1000s of dreams, most we don't remember but are stored in subconscious. You then experience something that is pretty close to one of those dreams just by random probability. Then you have deju vu and your brain really just reaches into your subconscious memory and finds a pattern match to a dream and pops it into accessible memory.

Or since lack of reality does not follow laws of space and time, you think it happened before when actually it just happened once, but that once occurred in two places, once in a past dream, and once in a current event. If you discard linear time that makes alot sense.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I get Deja Vu all the time... Its a pretty wild experience because I dont realize it happened again until a few days after then it hits me. Like there was this one time, I had gotten a traffic ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign (his story) and I remember EVERYTHING about it even to the point of telling my roommate about it at the time and he was talking on the phone and I go upstairs to my room. I even remember putting the bag of chips and salsa I had gotten from the store on my bed too. Freaky.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I got uvejed yesterday and it kind of hurt. Don't want to get uvejed again.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This type of thing happens to me all the time. As a few others have said, it always feels like I had a dream about it. Mine usually occurs within a couple of days of the dream. Sometimes(if my mind is on the ball that day), I can catch it as it is happening and freak out a friend or two, by saying "Watch this" and then tell them what is going to happen(phone ring, someone saying something, anything distinctive that I can think of). Pretty fun sometimes.

This is funny as hell and freaked my buddy out just 3 days ago. We were watching a movie in my living room, I can't remember which one but that not the point. He say "Hey you know what would be weird?" Thats when my brain caught on to what was happening. I said "WAIT", he says "huh?", then I reply "Warwick Davis!", as his jaw dropped my other friend says "What are you talking about, moron?". Thats when he explains he was just going to make a comment about Warwick Davis popping out and doing something ridiculous in the movie. lol. Warwick Davis had nothing to do with this movie that we were watching at all.

maybe it was a "you had to be there" moment, but we found it to be amusing. The point is, nothing bad has come of it and it can make life more interesting if you get used to it.

new topics

top topics

join