It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain To Go After Smoking Drivers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Give me one example, in a court of law, where smoking has been proven to be the cause of an accident.
Anything else is opinion.
You have given nothing but biased opinions with no corrabative evidence at all.

I am not defending smoking in public places, seperate arguement, just my right to do what I want in my property.

If you do not like me smoking in my own property then excercise your democratic right and don't come into my property.
You are not welcome anyway with your bigotted, moral, holier than thou attutude.
You represent everything that digusts me in this world wanting to impose your morals, values and opinions on others.

An Englishman's home is his castle, huh, don't make me laugh, when this country of ours is being over-run with moral crusaders whose whole agenda is based on restricting individual freedoms.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Give me one example, in a court of law, where smoking has been proven to be the cause of an accident.

Ive already given you a link to a survey done by the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, USA on the results of a distraction and the real result would be much higher than people would actually admit.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

The proposal is for here in the UK.
Just one case, here in the UK.

In the absence of any submitted evidence I suggest there isn't any and as such your arguement is null and void.

So there is no road safety issue.
Please don't wrap your bigotted opinions around fabricated half truths.

Can you and the rest of the moral, high and mighty, sanctimonious, intefering do-gooders just leave me alone.
I do not attempt to impose my thoughts and beliefs on others, stop doing it to me

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I don't think this law has anything to do with road safety, that's just the excuse they give, otherwise they'd be banning things like drinking and eating in cars. Opening a banana is harder than lighting a cigarette.

However, I think the law is in place to make it so people have fewer and fewer places to smoke, until the only place they can smoke is at home. On the other hand by pushing smokers in to their own homes, opens up the risk of passing 2nd hand smoke on to babies and young children. Most smokers are ignorant to everyone around them, mostly because they lose their sense of smell and can't smell how repulsive they are. You also lose the ability to taste things, so that probably makes you pretty grumpy, and the only thing you can taste is the hot smoky substance running down your throat. Yum.

Anyways, it's funny to hear any smoker talk about the moral high ground. You're an ADDICT! no different to a junkie heroin user, and you want to talk about morals? You don't want them to take away smoking in a car because that's just another place you won't be able to get your fix. And not just a fix like a heroin user might get 1, 2 or 3 fixes in a day, you get about 10 to 20 fixes in your day. Face it, smoking is becoming a non-sociable disgusting habit that is being eradicated more and more.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
I don't think this law has anything to do with road safety, that's just the excuse they give, otherwise they'd be banning things like drinking and eating in cars. Opening a banana is harder than lighting a cigarette.

So you accept it is not a safety issue but imposing restrictions on people in their own property.
It is my property, it is my choice. Straightforward.
What part of that is hard to understand.
I don't want you and your pious, holier than thou attitude in my property.
So it's not a problem, you don't have to breath in my smoke, I have my freedom of choice.

Have you read any of the posts in this thread other than your own.

I am not advocating smoking in public areas or vehicles used for working purposes, just in my OWN vehicle, used by me, for MY purposes.

Freedom of choice, remember that when they are stripping your liberties away.
You will be the first to say "How has it come to this", "Why won't anyone help me".
Because there'll be no-one left, your sanctimonious, intefering, meddling will have driven everyone with any balls away.

Green Day - Minority

"Minority"

I want to be the minority,
I don't need your authority.
Down with the moral majority,
'Cause I want to be the minority.

I pledge allegiance to the underworld.
One nation under dog,
There of which I stand alone.
A face in the crowd,
Unsung, against the mold.
Without a doubt,
Singled out.
The only way I know.

'Cause I want to be the minority,

Stepped out of the line,
Like a sheep runs from the herd.
Marching out of time,
To my own beat now.
The only way I know.

One light, one mind
Flashing in the dark.
Blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts.
"For crying out loud," she screamed unto me.
A free for all,
# 'em all.
You are your own sight.

One light, one mind
Flashing in the dark.
Blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts.
"For crying out loud," she screamed unto me.
A free for all,
# 'em all.
You are your own sight.

(I'm gonna be) the minority.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

So you accept it is not a safety issue but imposing restrictions on people in their own property.

I've been saying all along that it's not to do with the actual implications of lighting a cigarette in your car, anyone can see that. Like I said, it'd be more dangerous to try and peel and eat a banana whilst driving.

I'm sure you understand that murdering someone is wrong, right? Let's also throw in the possession of a handgun. Now, should you be able to commit murder and be in possession of a handgun so long as it's in your own home? Obviously that was a rhetorical question. Just because it's your property it doesn't mean you're suddenly above the law.

I don't want you and your pious, holier than thou attitude in my property.

If anyone has an attitude, it's you.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shaunybaby

oh dear ... the pointy end of a pin comes to mind ... bet u have had a joint or two in your life , but , no i guess not ... no vices i spose , go to church do we ?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by completenuttergit

Um no I don't go to church and if I answered your other query honestly I think I'd be infringing on ATS' terms and conditions as they don't like us advocating the personal use of illegal substances.

People seem to think it's their right to smoke cigarettes, it's not a liberty, it's a luxury.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by shaunybaby]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby

People seem to think it's their right to smoke cigarettes, it's not a liberty, it's a luxury.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by shaunybaby]

Yes it's a luxury, one that I choose to enjoy in my own property.
My freedom of choice.

Yes I have an attitude, it is in response to inteferring busy bodies who insist on imposing their morals and standards on me.

What part of leave me alone and let me do what I choose to do, in my property, it's not harming anyone else. :bnghd: :bnghd: :bnghd:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Everyone in here, needs to Chill Out!

Some, more than others.

Attack the issues, not each other!

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

Civility & Decorum are Expected

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

they might as well make a law for listening to music as well while they are at it

if anything throiwing your cigarrette out the window while driving should be an offesnse punishable by death

by the way i dont condone smoking
smokers nothing better than drug adicts to me

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join