It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shut up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Well unfortunately we can't read minds through text.

So it's kinda hard to tell you were joking.

[edit on 10/6/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

cool

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

it's called "playing along"

it makes things funnier, mate

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Why is it the atheists that aren't allowed to speak their beliefs? Nobody's telling some of the more stubborn and vocal Christians on the board to shut up. Just us.

Hey who's being stubborn and vocal? I never told you to shut up did I? lol

I had a interesting chat a while ago. And I understand more this whole reglion deal gets peope so confused how do you know what is the truth?
Thanks to our RCC buddies the KJV was perhaps twisted around written through the eyes of man for their own goals. We don't know if God is a male or female? But with no doubt I know something bigger then us created this earth. One day we will all know the truth.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
My whole stance on this is as follows ...

If you are an atheist, and you see a religious thread, don't go in and denounce their faith ... allow them to discuss their topics amongst themselves.

If you are a religious person, and you see an atheist thread, don't go in and claim why they are wrong and why they must believe ... allow them to discuss their topics amongst their selves.

If either party wishes to discuss and debate such a topic, search and find one or create a new one and make it clear, simple, and non-aggressive title and opening post. Inciting anger and using shock value is no respectable way to go about winning people over to your side, regardless of your stance. You know what they say about vinegar and honey.

So, in a way, I would like both sides to be more civil or refrain from posting until they calm down and can do so in a intelligent manner.

That is just my ni yen. Arigato goziamasu.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pshkwamy

BINGO--you get it. I wish all could but glad that most on this board DO get it. All censored or none, that is the rule.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
My whole stance on this is as follows ...

If you are an atheist, and you see a religious thread, don't go in and denounce their faith ... allow them to discuss their topics amongst themselves.

If you are a religious person, and you see an atheist thread, don't go in and claim why they are wrong and why they must believe ... allow them to discuss their topics amongst their selves.

Yeah good call- I had quarrels with a couple of members here- them going in with guns blazing so to speak and attacking me from both sides- and now I'm questioning my own Christian faith because of this. Now I don't know which direction I'm going. :bnghd:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
I'm questioning my own Christian faith because of this. Now I don't know which direction I'm going. :bnghd:

You SHOULD question what you believe in. What's the point in blind belief?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
^ You deserve applause for that post right there.

We're here to make you think and there's nothing wrong with changing your mind. Go with what you believe is right and don't let anyone change your mind unless you want to.

I don't like the negative connotation that comes with atheist... People tend to generalise us as belligerent demons, but if we come off as rude or provoking, it's simply because we're frustrated with being viewed as evil, negative people.

Sometimes theists (and I don't mean all, so don't accuse me of generalising) can be so stubborn that they give us nothing more than 'You're going to hell whether you believe in it or not' and that is frustrating because we challenged ourselves to think before immediately following;

why can't you?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

I'm questioning my own Christian faith because of this. Now I don't know which direction I'm going. :bnghd:

You SHOULD question what you believe in. What's the point in blind belief?

Well I SHOULDN'T have to question God the creater because of what you say. Just because you don't believe- dosen't mean you have the right to force your beliefs down my throat. I only see two doing that. MajorM and I are friends because I respect her beliefs and she respects my christian beliefs. Not one time has she ever questioned me. But now of me blowing up like this- it may change but I hope not but thats her call.

If God didn't exsist then no one would be here now- Not even a little flea. The earth would be as it was a dark void.

This is what Satin thrives on people not believing in God. But my hands are tied if people twist the Bible with such scrutiny molding it into their rules and their way. The Bible should be written as GOD'S law not Man's law!! And thats whats wrong with our churches today!!

Now if you will excuse me I have to calm down before I get a headache.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I got under religion, there was God, I got over religion, there was God.

No one ever attacks God, they attack men, and their individual concepts of God.

You aren't more excelled than anyone, I'm sorry to say. Those who hold belief... it is not blind. It is absolute.

God is there, here, no matter what you would like to say. God gives birth to marvel. You are blind if you cannot see God.

People get jealous of what others experience. When that happens they denounce others for lack of logic, etc. This is very foolish, riding atop the machine of Ego, people cease to see what they trample.

Respect. Learn.

Don't be so quick to denounce. You don't get smarter by doing so. You may think so, but this is fallacy.

It's just annoying seeing this trend, not here, in real life, this trend where denouncing religion automatically makes you "smarter", more enlightened.

Are you kidding me?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I like the above post ...

I also find it silly that people insult others intelligence if they believe. If you don't that is fine, you still believe in science, which is proved wrong many times, even if some of it the get right. I stay skeptical of science

and the post above that ... I like satin, it feels smooth and cool ... silk is too fragile, but then again, with my facial hair, sometimes even cotton takes a beating ... my stubble is like some killer sandpaper

I don't like Satan, but I think I understand where he came from. I have my anti-authority moments ... I grew up when anarchy and punk was quite popular in the youth culture.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

People get jealous of what others experience. When that happens they denounce others for lack of logic, etc.

Is this how you explain nonbelief to yourself? Please, I'm not jealous. I'm actually quite puzzled how anyone can continue to believe in something for which there's no evidence.

That's not jealousy, it's curiosity and bafflement.

You do not have any idea how a nonbeliever thinks because you've never been one. I've at least spent some time as a Christian.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well I SHOULDN'T have to question God the creater because of what you say. Just because you don't believe- dosen't mean you have the right to force your beliefs down my throat. I only see two doing that. MajorM and I are friends because I respect her beliefs and she respects my christian beliefs. Not one time has she ever questioned me. But now of me blowing up like this- it may change but I hope not but thats her call.

How can I force you believe in something or not?

Now if you will excuse me I have to calm down before I get a headache.

Relax! no need to get worked up over a discussion thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

God is there, here, no matter what you would like to say. God gives birth to marvel. You are blind if you cannot see God.

Show us. Where is he?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSide

You operate your eyes, your mind, your senses.

You yourself must see.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
How easy it is to talk in riddles and then claim a greater knowledge than those that choose to question the meaning of the riddle.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I have to agree with mojo on this one. The whole thing is sounding rather fortune cookie-ish.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well, so far I haven't claimed greater knowledge... maybe in my next post?

Anyways, what I was getting at was, the human being must personally find and accept something. You have the means to do this. Alot of people accept "science", including myself... I merely embarked on the quest to find the maker of system and interaction. I'm still questing, but I found something, that's for sure.

Yea it was a fortune cookie for you, take it how you want to, I just felt that I should write it.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Well, so far I haven't claimed greater knowledge... maybe in my next post?

Actually lets look at your previous post were you didnt claim greater knowledge!

You are saying here that the knowledge you have is absolute, ergo, greater than that of a non believer.

Those who hold belief... it is not blind. It is absolute.

Here you say the non believer is blind. Does this not imply that you have greater sight(knowledge) than the non believer.

And here you suggest we are foolish ie not as smart as you.

This is very foolish

So how are your previous comments not to be taken as you claiming greater knowledge.

Yea it was a fortune cookie for you, take it how you want to, I just felt that I should write it.

And so i felt i must respond as you felt you must write.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join