It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD or ET's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
is GOD real>>> did our ancestors simply didnt know what ufo's were and came up with the word GOD or did the ET's put the idea of GOD into our human culture for some reason?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I don't think he is real, and I don't think ETs came down and did anything, really.

God was a much needed form of control when man was not nearly as subdued as he is now (if you can call it that) and the whole ET thing is for people that don't want to believe in god, don't want to believe man can do anything on their own, and feels he/she has to believe in something...so they pick door number 3.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Why are the two mutually exclusive? Can't the aliens have a god as well? Could we possibly share the same god?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I don't think he is real, and I don't think ETs came down and did anything, really.

God was a much needed form of control when man was not nearly as subdued as he is now (if you can call it that) and the whole ET thing is for people that don't want to believe in god, don't want to believe man can do anything on their own, and feels he/she has to believe in something...so they pick door number 3.

yah, i agree to an extent that how the word God can be associated with the term control,,,in a way thats my point,,,if the ET's wanted us to travel in a certain direction instead of clearly thinking out how want to progress as a race, it is quite possible that they got invloved in our history in some way,,after all in the bible there are lot things that can be explained as ufo's

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Why are the two mutually exclusive? Can't the aliens have a god as well? Could we possibly share the same god?

i dont know about their GOD but im pretty sure they know the answer to the question about,,who or what created our universe...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This 'viewpoint' is far from set in stone, but I think that aliens came down and seeded us. 'God' never existed; what humans are yet to realise is that we are all interconnected with eachother, and the world.. and the universe.. we are one. But at some point, our rulers decided to use religion and fear as a social control tool - i.e. the idea of God.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
This 'viewpoint' is far from set in stone, but I think that aliens came down and seeded us. 'God' never existed; what humans are yet to realise is that we are all interconnected with eachother, and the world.. and the universe.. we are one. But at some point, our rulers decided to use religion and fear as a social control tool - i.e. the idea of God.

agreed,,i always thought that ET's played some sort of a role in our human evolution and we are all connected,,,and i also agree that our rulers used religion as a tool to control us,,

but what i still dont get is how the humans came up with word GOD 3000 years after the death of jesus,,and the mention of UFO's in the bible,,there has to be a connection between the word GOD and ET's...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
To me, the idea that god was invented as a form of control simply does not make sense, though it does hold true that that is what it has become. We're a physical species, and when we can't get our way or persuade others to follow our orders, we bring out the big sticks. Control, way back in prehistory as it is now, comes mainly through fear. Physical violence is a pretty good insentive to listen to someones ideas. (The idea of god linked to divine violence...now that's a winning strategy, and that's how religion works. Conform or burn.)

Consider this...

I believe that our forefathers tried to explain their existence and environment as best they could. They had the same intellect as we have, but not the knowledge we've accumulated. We see a meteorite, they saw the heavens being ripped apart by a greater power. We see the moon, they saw an inexplicable orb that raced across the sky, changing shapes as it travelled.

We see a UFO and imagine it to be a visitor from another world.
They saw UFOs and believed they were gods.
Seems like simple logic.

If you were a witness to one of the many sightings recorded in modern history, but saw it in the ancient past, how would you react? Yes, you'd be scared. Yes, you'd be shocked, but you'd still try and rationalize it. Seeing a UFO doesn't make you any less human.
If the world you lived in was young, and you were still striving to know everything and anything about it, how would you explain a silver disc hanging in the air? Perhaps the roar of machinery (not all UFOs are silent)?
A Nordic?
A grey?
What if members of your tribe spoke of being taken by these unknown beings? Into an environment that was simply beyond your ability to explain? Would he be considered mad?
Or would you all decide he been visited by higher beings?

Now, I'm not advocating the theory that aliens did everything for us, ie. teach us the rudimentaries of all the survival skills we have (hunting, farming), or start us on the road to the sciences (we are a smart and curious race, thank you very much. We'll figure it out on our own.) But doesn't it fit into the realms of possibility, if you believe in alien visitation, that any contact they had with us in our remote past could have come down to us, distorted and embellished by countless generations, as the stories of the ancient gods?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
My thinking is the Gray's are servants for the secret builders of the human race. The Gray's maintain humankind by analyzing and adjusting our consciousness. They perform there work from the ethereal because humankind is easier to control than from the physical state of being.

Humankind was created by the secret builders of the human race and we look as they. I don't believe in religion but can say the bible has some pretty exclusive information about our creators.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

1 god is all "gods" and god does exist. The god of david, the aliens have to worship the same because there is but one, one and only. PERIOD.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by donthizz

For those of you who are not afraid of future
read the messages given by extra-terrestrials
at www.rael.org

At last, science replaces religions.

Would you like to know...
the past - present and the future of humanity?
All life including human being on earth were created by
another advanced civilisation from anohter planet.
We call them, elohim.

Elohim in hebrew means those who came from the sky,
which we mistood as GOD!

All life on earth were created scientifically by scientist from another civilisation through genetic engineering. - Symphsis of DNA, now we have deep underground alien bases, military working together with GREYS have projects of programmed cloning GREYS for specific tasks in britain.

Elohim were the one who started all religion on earth, which we mistood by the word "GOD" Thank to them , we are now existing and finnally reach the age of "apocalypse" which means revelation!
Let's welcome them back on earth very shortly, we are building the embassy, our parents will come, would you like to be part of it?

Visit www.rael.org or
elohim.websited.net

[edit on 11-10-2007 by prophetchat]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

An wise statement.
We are interconnected together, infinite large and small. We are one!
For those who is well known our brains will understand that.

The point about not shaving off any hair is very important. The
human brain is like a huge transmitter, capable of sending out a
multitude of very accurate waves and thoughts. In fact, telepathy is
nothing more than that.
But this type of transmitter requires antennae, and the hair and
beard are these antennae. That is why you should not shave off any
hair if you want to make use of your transmitters. You have surely
noticed that many of your scientists have long hair, and often a beard.
Prophets and other wise people have them too. Now you can
understand why.
from "The message given by extra-terrestrials" at
www.rael.org

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by prophetchat

thank you for posting that,,,

top topics

join