It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thing Caught on Mobile in my Room.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

wow, thank you very much for the information, reading up on them now, is it an australian moth?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sniffer
wow, thank you very much for the information, reading up on them now, is it an australian moth?

The page I was looking at didn't say it was, however when talking about flying little critters like moths, there's a lot of things to consider even if it isn't classified as Australian...

+ The winds as I understand it blow from East to West in the southern hemiphere (generally considering El Nino and Corellis Effect) so if they're South American, it doesn't take a great stretch of the imagination to say that they did some island hopping. We've got Galapagos, Philippines, Caroline Islands, Marshal Islands and so forth on the way. Looking at the wing to body ratio, it looks safe to assume they're good flyers (unlike diamondback moths) especially with the wind at their backs.

+ Next is adult moth shipping. Being that moths like dark places, it wouldn't be difficult for one of them to hide on a ship or airplane cargo area traveling across continents.

+ Then there's moth eggs, which if were on a plant, cardboard box, piece of tape, waxpaper, etc. that was transported could produce a hundred or so larvae to kick-off a population.

+ The page says they're not 'shy' by any means. It doesn't appear they flee from humans or fear daylight. That kind of aggressive expansion means it has a wider area of coverage. A good example of that are pigeons. They're everywhere in cities, most don't care you're there and are looking for you to toss some food. But, do you see goldfinches hanging out on the sidewalks? Not so much.

+ Finally there are soooo many species of moths, we're still trying to classify them all. Could be a distant cousin no one has heard of. What makes a species different from another? Well, with mammals it's fairly easy. Insects...not so much.

Determining a location is more important for larger animals than small ones. If you lived in the Amazon jungle and said you saw a bison, then I'd raise an eyebrow.

I'm not an entomologist, so I'd certainly welcome any correction from one. I merely work with them as bioreactors for protein synthesis.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

+ Finally there are soooo many species of moths, we're still trying to classify them all. Could be a distant cousin no one has heard of. What makes a species different from another? Well, with mammals it's fairly easy. Insects...not so much.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by saint4God]

I find that interesting, there are often times ive seen a moth or bug and thought, what the hell is that, i wonder if some scientist has categorized it or not.

from now on im going to document every bug i come across.:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sniffer
I find that interesting, there are often times ive seen a moth or bug and thought, what the hell is that, i wonder if some scientist has categorized it or not.

from now on im going to document every bug i come across.:

There are jobs for it in science. Taxonomy, ecology, field studies, etc. and can be a lot of fun. The warmer the climate, the bigger the bug. This is usually because there's not an wintering effect from seasonal changes to kill them all off. They've got time to grow. The Costa Rica beetles weird me out.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Reminds me of the dung beetle.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Please stay on topic, this thread isn't about moths.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Dear Sniffer,

Im not going to jduge anything you have posted yet, and im staying skeptical, but all the work youve done is slowly convincining me that something is going on here, just ignore all the people who post like 1 comment saying this is a hoax, just please try and get some solid evidence here, Then people might start sitting up and actually thinking about this topic.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
well for the past 2 weeks ive been recording everything and have not spotted anything at all.we have seek out priest's for there thoughts, also meduims, well on one hand is great that there havent been any sightings, and on the other i was hoping i could capture more

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
you should sleep with one eye open. they must be filming saw v or maybe jigsaw just has a crush on you but that's def the little guy on the tricycle.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
it is clearly a costume mask on a hanger in the wardrobe you can plainly see other items of clothing and the sliding door.

plus if an alien creature did walk in the room very few people would pick up the phone turn on the cam change the setting to night vision then take it...

seen worse though...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
it is clearly a costume mask on a hanger in the wardrobe you can plainly see other items of clothing and the sliding door.

plus if an alien creature did walk in the room very few people would pick up the phone turn on the cam change the setting to night vision then take it...

seen worse though...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Interesting... Although I can't say what I am seeing is anything other than a costume,

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think to get a real scope on the situation at hand, you would need to take a picture of every corner in your room, then post it onto here, and people would be able to analyse what you described!

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join