It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-52 Nukes Were Headed for Iran: Airforce Refused

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I think thats part of the problem. You talk to executives and politicians and policy makers and expect them to tell you the truth of why they are doing something? Isnt it obvious to you that they use the press to get whatever message out there that fits their cause?

No, I've admitted that there are times when the press is used to further a position or to spin an event. It's called PR and it's done every day, especially in D.C.

That's not really the issue here. My point was that if there was a coup d'et tat taking place, this will have leaked out at some point. I mean, Bush couldn't have a secret surveillance program for more than a year without the press getting wind of it.

These people are some of the most biased individuals you can find. Do you expect the GM executive to start talking about how everybody should buy a Mercedes for example? Or the President to agree that aliens exist even if he thinks so? Come on.

Some of the most professional liars in the world are the ones you call credible here.

Experts come in all sizes and all opinions. Just because the head of, say, Beazer Homes tells me the housing market is fine and there's nothing to see here doesn't mean it's not my duty as a reporter to interview the head of Prudent Bear to get the counter view.

And that's the point, most of the articles I read are pretty balanced. I just think people malign the press overall because of the op-ed pages -- not because of the news pages.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sator
Really? No W-80-1, uh?

So what´s this? nuclearweaponarchive.org...

I think there is

That's great. Thanks for the information. You might want to mind your attitude there too, one would think you had invented the thing.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, mate, I´m not a native-english-speaker and sometimes I think I´m saying something while saying other.
hehehe

See ya...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snap
I would not doubt it for one second. There seems to be a lot of disgruntlement in the military these days. Look at all the generals that are starting to speak out now. Look at all the soldiers going to protests or giving back their metals.

Using nukes would only turn the world against us and they know it.

Since when does America care what anyone else thinks about her? Only the media gives the impression that the white house cares about its appearance. Only the good people living here care, not the gov. Once nuke war unleashes, the credibility and reputation of countries (this one and all) will be meaningless, and frankly moot. Reputation, in my belief, has never been a deterrent for nuke war. Hell, we dropped it on Hiroshima didn't we! What was our reputation then? "Oh thank god Americans got nuke and used before anyone else were all saved war over weeee!!!!" 50 years later some Japanese's LOVE us... Americans don't get spit on when they go there now! Proves my point only...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have a couple of questions...

How many of these cruise missiles are in our possession? Would it be reasonable to assume that there might be some stored already at the Barksdale base, let alone just about every base? Couldn't something equivalent be launched from one of the 3 or 4 carriers in the gulf?
The thing that is troubling, is that if it becomes necessary to respond do we have to sneak some missiles from one base to another and fly all the way from here to there? Shouldn't it just be a matter of arming one on a carrier or some other ship in the group, and the order from above can be "fire", instead of "hey, sneak some missiles on a plane, bump off a couple of guys, leak to the press...."?

And we have been ratcheting this thing up with Iran for how long, and we don't have some missiles ready???

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the silliest things that ive read on here in a long while.

I am going to go on record that there is ZERO chance that the OP's story is correct...ZERO! If supposedly the troops stood up against the orders (yeah right) then they would have just got someone else to do it. Also, it would have been career and personal suicide for that to happen. There are many easier ways to do what they supposedly we going to do. It just didnt happen. I am not saying that the official story is the way it went down, but to think that there was a revolt or something is laughable.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There are so many points to make here that I will just touch on a few. 1. It takes several signatures and direct orders from the White House or Secretary of Defense just to move a Nuke from storage to transport to another base. 2. The transport of these was no accident or some type of communication problem. 3. We have a Govt trying to seize the oil in the Middle East on the grounds of protecting our economy. 4 Iraq was attacked not because of terrorism but because Saddam H. had began trading his oil in Euro's. Iran is attempting to do the same by opening an oil trading exchange using something other than American Dollars. The excuse the media gives us is Iran is trying to make nuclear weapons, this is what the White House tells them to tell the American public to justify any future attack.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I believe this movement of nukes to an active B52 Base is more likely a response to the recent Russian Bomber flights. I think the USAF has gotten rusty on taking care of and moving its nukes since the end of the cold war.

Most likely this was a fear reaction caused by the Russians. I imagine Bush's push to put a missile Radar in old Russian lands will reignite the cold war.

This is direct indication of the American posture changing to meet the threat of the Russian bombers.

Bush has unraveled every single good thing that has happened in 30 years.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hightowerx
reply to post by DaleGribble

Know what. Yes, they could have made it and if they want them to make it they will. I think I'm leaning towards the hope that they didn't make it. Hoping there is a sliver of truth in this report.

i too would like to think they didnt make. im not for nuclear war by anymeans. im just saying that if that is indeed where they were going a few people saying no isnt gonna stop them. i dont hope there is any truth in this thread because if there is any ounce of truth then we are headed for nuclear war. not good..

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightsInYourMind
possible related article

thepatriots.us...

"Our oath of office is to “protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” Might I suggest that this includes a rogue president and vice-president? Certainly we are bound to carry out the legal orders of our superiors. But the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) which binds all of us enshrines the Nuremberg Principles which this country established after World War II (which you are too young to remember). One of those Nuremberg Principles says that we in the military have not only the right, but also the DUTY to refuse an illegal order"

[edit on 27-9-2007 by LightsInYourMind]

so please inlighten me on what makes droping a nuclear bomb illegal. it may not be moral in the eyes of most of us (yes that includes me). i fail to see your point. what its illegal, and instructed by a rouge government because you say so. im not trying to say you are wrong and im right. i just honestly think this thread is a load of crap. im under the impression you are military by your post. so tell me if it was you who disobeyed the order what would your command do to you. unless you can prove that it was illegal, they would nail you to the wall. you could however say it was aginst you beliefs but that wouldnt stop the nuke from getting there. they would just find some one who would do it and then lock you up so you couldnt talk...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Why do you think Russian Bombers are a threat to US?

I don´t follow, sorry

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes

Plus, if this truly was a "top hat" coup d'et tat, then a more legit newssource would have definitely jumped on that story. I know many of you are super suspicious of the media establishment, but I come from that world, and I can tell you that something of that magnitude would not have gone unnoticed for long. And, yes, the NY Times or the Post or CNN -- hell, even Fox -- would have reported what would have amounted to the story of our lifetimes short of 9/11.

I am not agreeing that the OP's story is true or not.

I will say though the media will never report something this serious, the top brass that control the media is very much aware that the anthrax sent to them and Congress came from the Shadow Gov. They are more afraid of this Gov. than Iran is.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This story if full of holes. It does not pass the sniff test (i.e. common sense, reason and logic) But hey, if your a conspiracy buff, you eat this stuff up, sometimes without bothering to stop and use your own brain to think things through. People count on you not to over think things so you swallow loads like this blindly.

Again, total and complete bunk.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
This story if full of holes. It does not pass the sniff test (i.e. common sense, reason and logic) But hey, if your a conspiracy buff, you eat this stuff up, sometimes without bothering to stop and use your own brain to think things through. People count on you not to over think things so you swallow loads like this blindly.

Again, total and complete bunk.

On that note, I think it's time I take a break. Thanks to everyone (almost everyone) for their input and insight. At the risk of sounding cliche. "It's a scary world we live in."

Whether the story is all true, partly true or not true, and I never said it was either way. The fact that we are having these discussions has to make you think. What the f is going on?

By the way, nice post cpdaman!

[edit on 27-9-2007 by hightowerx]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LightsInYourMind

Great article and interesting spin on the meteor in Peru. That one never made sense to me. I wonder if the UFO sighting off the coast of NJ has anything to do with this huge issue? By the way I liked the bikini picture attached the article. One thousand girls in their bikinis - have I died and gone to heaven?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hello people! long time reader and I finally decided to join!

is there any link that talks about the still missing 6th missile?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
***This is just my opinion based on a few hours of trying to find information on Wayne Madsen which is sadly lacking.

Mr Madsens entire career and income require him to come up with bomb shells like this story to survive. No one man can possibly be privy to all the information he claims to have acquired from always unnamed sources.

Individual Reader monthly USD 7.00/month
Business Monthly monthly USD 10.00/month
Business Annual annually USD 100.00/year
"Beltway Insider" Rate annually USD 30.00/year -- annual rate for anyone who wants to be a "Beltway Insider" -- This is the annual rate for members.

Source is Wayne Madsen Report

To explain all the information he claims to have would make him one of the most powerful people on the planet Earth. Yet, I am having trouble even verifying his many careers. What little info there is about him is all cut and paste from the same source as the info on the Wikipedia article. No matter where I go the same verbatim information about him is posted. This tells me that nobody has yet to independently check him out. Who is this man that has these contacts on every topic relevant to today's most important happenings on the Beltway. What is it about him that makes people commit Felonious Acts to feed him such vital information. Anyone can and does author books that sell a few thousand copies and list them on their resume'.

To buy this story I'd have to know this man, this Wayne Madsen, is capable of getting people to risk prison or their very lives just to get this information too him.

Here is a window into his reporting ethics.
BreakForNews Article

When ex-NSA employee, Wayne Madsen hit the Internet with his tale of a massive electronic vote-stealing operation costing tens of millions of dollars, the story was greeted with skepticism by vote fraud activists. With good cause.

Despite their hunger for any report that would shed light on the exact method by which Bush had subverted the will of the people, Madsen's story --featuring a Cayman island bank, an offshore trust and a payoff check to conspirators for over $29 million --was just a bit too tinfoil-hat for most.....
.....The heart of the story was his seminal account of a $29 million payoff check to an alleged Bush-linked offshore trust. Now he admits the check in question was a fake

He has written so many articles that searches for information other than his own writing is difficult. I read the transcripts of an interview where he was asked over and over again for his evidence that Bush knew about 9/11 in advance and he does a dance around the question and never gives an answer. That leaves me to believe he may have fabricated his information based on what would sell or get him paid to do interviews. He is most certainly one of those who relies on the AM Radio circuit for income. His site was run on donations he begged for but now requires I pay just to read the huge volume of articles based on unnamed sources.

If anyone has information on this fellow that can confirm who or what he is other than the often quoted, self written description that no doubt came from the cover of one of his books, please post a link. I am interested in knowing if anything from him is believable. I think his article are based on the rumor mill in the Beltway and his facts are very suspect. In fact he protects himself by basing everything on protected or unnamed sources. One of the oldest tricks in the book. If it turns out to be a lie, just blame the source that may or may not exist.

I'm having a difficult time in general believing this story. A Coup in the United States Military and not a leak one even in the "New York Times"??? That is a tough pill to swallow.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hightowerx

The linked article is full of horse droppings! Nuclear weapons are NEVER marked as "Nuclear" in transport or storage. There are no depleted Uranium 20 mm rounds which is the caliber of the gun on the F-16. The B-36 was retired from service in 1959. Thomas's source is either one ignorant s.o.b. or a bad liar.

I wish folks would please just do the barest of research on the supposed facts before quoting/linking something the disinformation agents put forward.

There ain't no way a nuclear armed B-52 is going to take off without throwing everyone on that base into full scale grab-the-kids and head-for-the-hills mode. Whoever planned this little stunt is one ignorant b******.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Regarding the meteor -

article

Media reports of the number of locals afflicted by a "mysterious disease"--with symptoms such as nausea, headaches and sore throats--after visiting the crater figured in every news article about the Aug. 15 event, with some reporting that as many as 600 people had fallen ill.
But doctors who visited the site told the Associated Press they found no evidence that the crater had actually sickened such a large number of people.

Seems that simplest explanation is the right one as always. Not such a mysterious event after all.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
reply to post by hightowerx

There are no depleted Uranium 20 mm rounds which is the caliber of the gun on the F-16. The B-36 was retired from service in 1959. Thomas's source is either one ignorant s.o.b. or a bad liar.

I wish folks would please just do the barest of research on the supposed facts before quoting/linking something the disinformation agents put forward.

Are you sure?

Ammunition

Most military use of depleted uranium has been as 30 mm and smaller ordnance, ~Excerpt~ The U.S. Marine Corps uses DU in the 25 mm PGU-20 round fired by the GAU-12 Equalizer cannon of the AV-8B Harrier, and also in the 20 mm M197 gun mounted on AH-1 helicopter gunships. The US Navy's Phalanx CIWS's M61 Vulcan gatling gun used 20 mm armor-piercing penetrator rounds with discarding plastic sabots which were made using depleted uranium, later changed to tungsten.
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join