It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-52 Nukes Were Headed for Iran: Airforce Refused

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
And the sixth nuke may still be unaccounted for??

After starting things by nuking Iran, Cheney and his cohorts were gonna use it on us to ratchet up support for this travesty?

Not to mention, the imposition of marshal law and all that implies...

OMG!

What an incredible find, hightowerx, thank you for this, and thanks also for cross-posting to the thread by Project_Silo.

Flag and a star!

And another OMG!!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
possible related article

thepatriots.us...
The Patriots

Duty, Honor, Country 2007

An Open Letter to the New Generation of Military Officers Serving and Protecting Our Nation

By Dr. Robert M. Bowman, Lt. Col., USAF, ret., National Commander, The Patriots

"Our oath of office is to “protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” Might I suggest that this includes a rogue president and vice-president? Certainly we are bound to carry out the legal orders of our superiors. But the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) which binds all of us enshrines the Nuremberg Principles which this country established after World War II (which you are too young to remember). One of those Nuremberg Principles says that we in the military have not only the right, but also the DUTY to refuse an illegal order"

"Based on the above, I contend that should some civilian order you to initiate a nuclear attack on Iran (for example), you are duty-bound to refuse that order. I might also suggest that you should consider whether the circumstances demand that you arrest whoever gave the order as a war criminal."

this person may have had knowledge of the impending attack. Then he tried to appeal to Officers that were going to be directly involved with deciding whether or not to follow these "orders" when given to them.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by LightsInYourMind]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
this article states something similar from supposed Russian intelligence

english.pravda.ru...
American spy satellite downed in Peru as US nuclear attack on Iran thwarted - Pravda.Ru

"This incident further fuels the intrigue involving the United States War Leaders plans to attack Iran in their attempt to engulf the entire Middle East in Total War, but, against which, according to Russian Military Intelligence Analysts, a 'high ranking and significant' faction of the American Military Establishment is opposed to."

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LightsInYourMind

WOW, although the source does have its own agenda, they gave a refinement of one of the theories floating around regarding these issues.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I'm in the middle of reading the great letter by Robert M. Bowman, Lt. Col., USAF,but I wanted to pop in and say the whole thing in Peru was proven to be a meteorite if I remember correctly.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

What I read of the letter from Robert M. Bowman, Lt. Col., USAF is great.

This is what is in Wiki about Wayne Madsen,wich pretty much every other site is using as its source.

Wayne Madsen is a Washington, D.C.-based investigative journalist, author, and syndicated columnist. His articles have appeared in The Village Voice and Wired.

Madsen was a Senior Fellow of the Electronic Privacy Information Center.[1] He was a communications security analyst with the National Security Agency in the 1980s, and an intelligence officer in the US Navy. He has testified on numerous occasions before the US Congress.

Wayne Madsen edits the Wayne Madsen Report[2] which he describes as following in the tradition of Drew Pearson's and Jack Anderson's famous "Washington Merry-Go-Round" syndicated column and columns by I.F. Stone.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
First of all Id like to say Im not trying to make this a 9/11 post in any way. Just trying to make comparisons and maybe get people to think outside the box.

The thing that you have to consider is that, like this incident, we didnt know about 9/11 before hand either. I am not talking about government/intelligence wise, Im talking about you and me and the millions that watched it on tv or read about it in the papers or on the net. The thing about 9/11 that should worry many of you is that there are so many unanswered questions about what happened that day and the days/weeks/months leading up to it, legitimate questions that deserve legitimate answers. Questions that could easily be answered by the government. Now there is this incident and with it questions not answered or answered with vague responses. Unanswered questions can only be the result of two things. They dont know the answers or they dont want to tell us. If they dont know the answers, then why dont they? If they dont want to tell us, then you have to ask yourself, why? You should really think about that last one. Why?

Now, the topic at hand. The nukes had supposedly disappeared many hours before the story had been leaked and reported in many places. Taking into consideration what it takes just to get these nuclear weapons out of their bunkers is a higly secured procedure, not to mention what it takes to get them on the planes and the security procedures it takes to take them off the planes on arrival, makes this a very questionable incident. This should concern you greatly. Planes are hardly ever loaded with the wrong weaponry, let alone accidently loaded with the most destructive and secured weapons on the planet.

The point is that, if someone on the inside hadnt of leaked this information, if someone on the inside really did, you wouldnt have known about it until a mushroom cloud(s) and vaporized city/cities ended up on Fox news with the reporters calling for another war and/or maybe Bush calling for martial law and making himself a dictator. If you think that this may be just a little extreme, you should take another look of events that have happened over the past 7 years. If I had told all of you in 1999 that the WTC was going to be attacked and knocked down by planes, you would have laughed at me. If I had told you that the President had used what happened that day as a exscuse to start 2 wars, you would have ridiculed me. How do you respond now when I suggest that this could have been used to start another war and/or even destroy the America as we know it and not for the better.

Also, if i recall correctly, only 5 of the six 6 are accounted for. I may be wrong about this, but it leaves great concern if it is "missing." Ive told many people about this story and nearly all of the just blow it off like it was nothing. If it was used I have no doubt that the majority of the US would simply fall in line with whatever the government told tells them.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo

I'm in the middle of reading the great letter by Robert M. Bowman, Lt. Col., USAF,but I wanted to pop in and say the whole thing in Peru was proven to be a meteorite if I remember correctly.

related article to meteorit (not to get off subject)
www.prisonplanet.com...
Peru : Meteorite, Or A Crashed US Spy Satellite?

"More than 150 people have shown up with dermal injuries, which include heat burns. Most of the other casualties have reported feeling nauseous, suffering from respiratory problems, dizziness and had been vomiting :

According to Peru's La Republica newspaper, due to the high number of illnesses, district authorities are considering placing the town of Carancas, Puno, Peru in a state of emergency."

about the satellite mention in the Russian site.. it usesuses Plutonium as its power source...if destroyed in space, that plutonium could have made it back to earth, it would look like a "meteorite"...but poison onlookers with radiation....the people did get sick...but do you believe the "official " reports of no radiation.....Maybe that satellite was going to be used to guide that one missing Nuke unaccounted for from the 6 that were "move by accident"? anyhow thats just a side bit of my opinion

The Reconnaissance/Spy Satellite known as the KH-13 is part of the X8 program. The KH-13 weighs slightly over 20 tons and is roughly the shape of a bus. It has a matte grayish black finish and contains the latest optical & radar stealth technologies. There are no solar panels. Power is supplied by a thermal nuclear fission reactor (Project Invictus). Reactor output is in the range of 3MW (thermal) with a thermoelectric system (manufactured by the Astro-Space Division of the General Electric Co.) delivering up to 150 kW (electrical). The reactor also provides propulsion. Nuclear fission heats a hydrogen propellant which is stored as a liquid. The hot gas (about 2500°C) is expelled through nozzles to give thrust. This is more efficient than chemical reactions.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by LightsInYourMind]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I just want to say im very grateful that there are people in the US government (or shadow government) who arent willing to contribute to the mass murder of millions of unprepared Iranian people.

In every movie from Hollywood, there is always "terrorists" threatening the world and the americans are the heroes. So im glad to see that some people had the intelligence to realize that this time, the terrorists was deep inside the shadow government or government.

Thank you all for preventing World War 3.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It really is a sad day for humanity. When the international community and the rest of us sit back and allow this evil administration to drop nukes on another sovereign nation without any justification whatsoever. The worlds gone mad. If other countries sit back and allow this to happen or even support it, then it truly beggars belief
Geez I've had it with this civilization. Is there any benevelont ET's out there who want to adopt a human. If so beam me up pronto.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
My intel Sources said that due the OPSEC breach they were forced to put the mission on hold. Ya know, loose lips sink ships. It wasnt any military revolte nor a coup Coup d'état.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mallory-john
My intel Sources said that due the OPSEC breach they were forced to put the mission on hold. Ya know, loose lips sink ships. It wasnt any military revolte nor a coup Coup d'état.

So you know for a fact that these nukes were headed to Iran?Will this mission be carried out at a later date?I sure hope they aren't that dumb....

It's almost surreal living in these times.We got to see a millenium,911,our rights slowly drained from us,our best and brightest dying for oil,a looming war with a much more capable enemy than Iraq and possibly much wider scale war,and our president puts people on the axis of evil at the drop of a hat heh.

Hey I like your avatar,I'd actually like to take it.You are now part of the "axis of evil".

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The truth seems splayed on if the six nuclear weapons were intended for delivery on Iranian targets. The Washington Post report and review seemed thorough but lacked anything definite beyond a serious air force mistake. The 'Air Force Line' has removed the original story and I cannot find much which deviates from the Post articles, from other major news media.

The Washington Post multi page report on the event labelled:
Missteps in the Bunker:
www.washingtonpost.com...

Dallas

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Why would we start with nuclear weapons? If the "government wanted to push ahead an attack on Iran, wouldn't they start small? Maybe gainn some support first then use the nukes as a last resort??? Our government is way to trigger happy. I think nuclear weapons need to be completely dismantled and forgot about.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
OK. The USAF has several reporting codes for nuclear events. Take a look at this

Bent Spear refers to nuclear weapons incidents that are of significant interest but are not categorized as Pinnacle - Nucflash or Pinnacle - Broken Arrow.

Dull Sword is an Air Force reporting term that marks reports of minor incidents involving nuclear weapons, components or systems, or which could impair their deployment. This could include actions involving vehicles capable of carrying nuclear weapons but with no nuclear weapons on board at the time of the accident.

Pinnacle - Empty Quiver refers to the seizure, theft, or loss of a nuclear weapon or nuclear component.

Taken from United States military nuclear incident terminology

The choice of reporting code is telling. It implies something more deliberate than a mishap, which would have been a Dull Sword event, and as it wasn't classed as an Empty Quiver report I assume that the nuclear weapons in question were not "lost".

The plot thickens.

A launch from a sub, without notification to other nuclear powers that an attack was going to happen (yes, russia and china would be notified of forces going "weapons free" in the Gulf) would be an open invitation to armageddon, especially with a subsequent flash event.

As for the B-2's - theres 21 of them as opposed to 67 active B1's and 85 active B-52's. Ironically, despite the fact that they are virtually undectable in the air, their deployment will be closley monitored by the major nuclear powers, and in peacetime they carry radar reflectors to make themselves "dirty" and visible to civilian aircraft. If a stealth takes off in "clean" mode, and a nuke pops "all by itself" it wouldn't take Einstein to figure out what had happened.

A B52 however, is a capable plane but very old...and one taking off with six cruise missiles on board could very possibly develop engine or airframe trouble and crash, and as the nukes were supposedly due to be decomissioned, and no one realised they were gone....

Of course, I'm speculating. More info please.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I was reading the AirForceTimes an independant news source from the airforce and they did a story about this incident. Apparently this isn't the first time that nukes have been "lost" The article had a list of times when nukes actually got lost some of them starting as early as the 1960's. I couldn't find the list but perhaps someone will. From what I understand is that there used to be an oversight on nukes in the airforce but it has pretty much dissolved and most of the units are responsible for their own munitions. With that said I wonder who's idea it was to place the units in charge of one of the most deadly weapons out there.

AirForceTimes

-Aza

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Azathoth]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Nothing happens with nukes or nuclear related equipment without Strategic Commands say so. We called the Air Force Times "Air Force Crimes" when I served in the USAF. They often printed stories given directly to them from the Base Public Relations Officer. Independent, my a**.

Unless they've done away with Nuclear Surety and Personnel Reliability Programs, no way this was an accidental movement. If you think that we'll ever get the truth on this incident from the military, you're wrong. This is IMHO a disinformation campaign.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Meteorite, or Spy sat crashes in Peru.

It was always my understanding that US Spy Sats maintained orbits of about 22,000 miles, as opposed to other satellites, which orbit mainly in Low Earth Orbit (LEO): orbits at altitudes of less than 500 miles.

If a Spy Sat were to have been destroyed at 22K miles, its debris would likely take years, if not decades, to re-enter the atmosphere.

Just how long ago was the US supposed to have destroyed its "Eye in the Sky"? Which would imply that the plan to invade Iran with nukes would have had to have been hatched how many decades ago?

Smells like bunk to me.

Another point.

The military is a relatively small community within the far larger civilian community. But, it is not so small a community that dissention, on the order implied by the article referenced, would go unnoticed by the larger civilian population.

Seriously, we are expected to believe that the recent events surrounding the "Barksdale Nukes" are the result of dissention within the ranks of the US Air Force which have risen to the level of mutiny; yet no hint of the dispute has previously surfaced in the civilian consciousness?

Bunk.

The Washington Post article points us in the direction of human error and laxity. We are asked to believe that decades of procedure and protocol were disregarded, at least at this One AF base; which resulted in a case of "nuclear mistaken identity".

Bunk.

Conspiracy theorists would have us believe that some "Dark Contingent" within the US gov't, intent on shaking its sabers, ordered the transport of nukes and manufactured a press "leak" as a means of intimidating Iran.

Yet such a move would be totally unneccesary. If the intent was intimidatation, the move would have been open and announced , officially, from the very start.

How effective is a threat if the person you are attempting to threaten would never have learned of the threat if your plan had remained secure?

Bunk.

Possibly related point.

A report to Congress, released just today by the Governmant Accounting Office(GAO), I believe, details just how vulnerable the US is to radioactive materials smuggled into the country across its poorly guarded borders.

Duck! And Cover.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I'm not buying it. One can lean back on "unnamed sources" and and spew whatever dribble he or she chooses to endorse.

SHOW ME THE PROOF!!!

I'm with uber on this one. These are extraordinary claims, and even if this guy's sources are some mid-level airmen who were just spouting off rhetoric, that kind of disenchantment would have been picked up by the mainstream media.

Plus, if this truly was a "top hat" coup d'et tat, then a more legit newssource would have definitely jumped on that story. I know many of you are super suspicious of the media establishment, but I come from that world, and I can tell you that something of that magnitude would not have gone unnoticed for long. And, yes, the NY Times or the Post or CNN -- hell, even Fox -- would have reported what would have amounted to the story of our lifetimes short of 9/11.

In the end, the same criticism the Post or the NY Times gets for relying on sources needs to be applied to the world of online bloggers and news hacks like this guy or even Prisonplanet's muckracker. We need proof beyond what some so-called source says.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
Plus, if this truly was a "top hat" coup d'et tat, then a more legit newssource would have definitely jumped on that story. I know many of you are super suspicious of the media establishment, but I come from that world, and I can tell you that something of that magnitude would not have gone unnoticed for long. And, yes, the NY Times or the Post or CNN -- hell, even Fox -- would have reported what would have amounted to the story of our lifetimes short of 9/11.

You are kidding right? We are not suspicious. Its a fact that major news agencies dont report the sensitive news. Why do you think you NEVER get a negative article about Bush or the government in the news? There are never any news about them making mistakes, them being criticized for doing the wrong thing etc.

And you still think you have a free media? Seriously? Maybe you need to take a look at how things are handled in other countries to see the extreme difference between the US press and the European press, I dont know.

Cheney even ordered the mass media to start selling the attack on Iran ffs. People like Ron Paul are systematically being prevented from getting attention. What else do you need?

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Copernicus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join