It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America like Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

America, like Israel, was created by Europeans through a genocide of the indigenous people. White settlers drove the American Indians off their ancestral land. If they fought, they were killed. Indians were confined to a few reservations. No thought was given to the rights of the Indians.

Whites believed that God wanted them to have the land. Until recent years, the Indian genocide was celebrated in Western movies, and never criticized in schools. Just as Indians were considered uncivilized heathens not deserving basic rights; so are the Palestinians. The parallels between the establishment of the American and Israeli states are many. The American genocide and enslavement of African people likewise has been insufficiently recognized, criticized, or corrected.

Racism thrives at a subconscious level in the vast majority of Americans' minds. Americans consider themselves and their country to be especially righteous and blessed by God. The Israeli Jews, of course, consider themselves the 'Chosen People'. The religious bigotry and tribalism inherent in this idea require no comment.

www.sciforums.com...

www.thecry.com...

*SNIP* (links to gratuitous gore)

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 29/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Yeah, some kind of weird irony going on here.
Gaza is cut off...people are dieing and starving, and the world really doesnt pay any attention. But the irony isnt really there, the irony lies in the fact that the leaders of Gaza are quite plump (well fed) and well dressed.

So who is being punished, the leaders whom we hear are the ones that the sanctions are aimed at...or the people that could care less about the politics. Looks like we have a holocaust situation in Gaza when the leaders run around unaffected by sanctions, but the people suffer instead.

Weird, very weird.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

USA and West are using all of their might’s to oppress Arab people in particular and Muslims in general, it started since the beginning of last century when they supported the creation of Israel against Arab will?

www.topix.net...

The State of Israel is the most recent example of the establishment of a state by terrorism. It was established by Jewish terrorist groups, the most infamous of which was the Stern Gang.

www.able2know.org...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 29/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by adam123
Racism thrives at a subconscious level in the vast majority of Americans' minds.

What a load of garbage!

Racist against who? I would really like to know considering America is made up of people from all countries.

Americans consider themselves and their country to be especially righteous and blessed by God.

Yeah, so what? Whats your point?
Sorry if the truth hurts but God did bless the USA with being the greatest country on Earth.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Also but if I remember correctly, didn't the Jews have Israel first? How many times were they driven out through history? and Why is Israel always the bad guy? I also remember Israel offering to share the land but Palestine was too proud to accept.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Adam, you *do* realize that for every photo you can post of Palestinian women and children wounded and / or killed, someone with a mind to post such things (I really don't care to....gore doesn't impress me) could post five to ten photos of Israeli women and children wounded and / or killed by the brave 'freedom fighters' of Palestine.

Frankly, while I'm not a huge fan of some things Israel has done, the Palestinians are, in a lot of ways, their own worst enemies. It isn't as though Israel hasn't made efforts to reach compromise solutions about settlement...and it's not as though Palestinian militants have tried to reduce casualties among their own civilian populations. Maybe some of the time, effort, and ingenuity expended setting up rocket launchers and cross-border hell-raising could be spent improving conditions? Naaah...it's more fun to blame the Israeli army for your problems and throw more rocks.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
Also but if I remember correctly, didn't the Jews have Israel first?

Nope... In the Bible it says that they conquered the land from the Canaanites. Furthermore, the majority of the Israeli's do not descent of the ancient Israelites, but from eastern Europeans. I have jewish ancestors, but I don't think that any of them descended from Israelites.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

No, and even if they did, is that really a righteous reason to inflict the suffering on the people who inhabit the land currently like the Israeli's have done by moving back to that land?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They are surrounded by Arab nations. I am not saying that they all fire rockets and set up car bombs, but if you had to live life worried about that, then I can see why Israel is on constant guard and doesn't play when it comes to the safety of her people.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

History of ancient Israel and Judah
The Land of Israel, known in Hebrew as Eretz Yisrael, has been sacred to the Jewish people since the time of the biblical patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The Bible has placed this period in the early 2nd millennium BCE. According to the Torah, the Land of Israel was promised to the Jews as their homeland, and the sites holiest to Judaism are located there. Around the 11th century BCE, the first of a series of Jewish kingdoms and states established rule over the region; these Jewish kingdoms and states ruled intermittently for the following one thousand years.

Between the time of the Jewish kingdoms and the 7th-century Muslim conquests, the Land of Israel fell under Assyrian, Babylonian, Persian, Greek, Roman, Sassanian, and Byzantine rule. Jewish presence in the region dwindled after the failure of the Bar Kokhba revolt against the Roman Empire in 132 CE and the resultant large-scale expulsion of Jews. Nevertheless, a continuous Jewish presence in Palestine was maintained, although the main Jewish population shifted from the Judea region to the Galilee; the Talmud, one of Judaism's most important religious texts, was composed in Israel during this period. The Land of Israel was captured from the Byzantine Empire around 636 CE during the initial Muslim conquests. Control of the region transferred between the Umayyads, Abbasids, and Crusaders over the next six centuries, before falling in the hands of the Mamluk Sultanate, in 1260. In 1516, the Land of Israel became a part of the Ottoman Empire, which ruled the region until the 20th century.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
What a load of garbage!
Racist against who? I would really like to know considering America is made up of people from all countries.

...blacks, hispanics, native americans....

Yeah, so what? Whats your point?
Sorry if the truth hurts but God did bless the USA

...haha... god blessed a secular democratic republic?
god? honestly...

with being the greatest country on Earth.

greatest at?
let's see...
not #1 in health care
not #1 in infant survival rate
not #1 in happiness
not #1 in civil liberties
not #1 in following international guidelines (even the ones we set up)
we don't have the #1 leader
we don't have the #1 soccer team
we don't have the #1 system of government
we don't have the #1 employment rate
the list goes on and on.

though we are #1 in exterminating indigenous populations, using fear as a driving force, and being hypocrites

this all coming from a person that loves america, i just realize what HUMILITY and HONESTY are.

lemme guess, since god blessed america a lowly atheist like myself isn't a citizen, right?

honestly, america is the product of genocide and slavery, we need to come to terms with it and apologize.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Also but if I remember correctly, didn't the Jews have Israel first? How many times were they driven out through history? and Why is Israel always the bad guy? I also remember Israel offering to share the land but Palestine was too proud to accept.

...actually, the philistines and various other canaanite groups had the territory first... but a nomadic tribe that had just adopted monotheism from its stay in egypt decided to conquer and ethnically cleanse

why is israel always the bad guy? well, because it currently is. it subverts international laws and is committing atrocities on a horrid (and ironic) scale.

i'm not saying the tactics some palestinians are using are correct... but what else are they going to do? desperate people will use desperate tactics.

and Brother Stormhammer, you're wrong. israel ADMITEDLY kills and wounds more civilians than all palestinian guerilla groups combined.
the only reason there are pictures for more israelis is that they can afford cameras and have better distribution because of access to the internet and media.

[edit on 10/1/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
honestly, america is the product of genocide and slavery, we need to come to terms with it and apologize.

There's no reason to do that. The people who commited those atrocities are not alive now.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I also remember Israel offering to share the land but Palestine was too proud to accept.

If by "too proud to accept," you mean "didn't accept the land because Israel would still control all the water, electricity, plumbing, and most of the natural resources; and that the Palestinians would only use a fraction of that water and electricity while the rest goes to Israel, and that Israel would be able to turn off all the water supply and electricity for weeks to punish entire villages" then yes, you're correct, they were very proud to accept.

top topics

join