It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

myspace censors prisonplanet from, being linked in bulletins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Rupert Murdoch's MySpace has been caught in another act of alternative media censorship after it was revealed that bulletin posts containing links to Prison Planet.com were being hijacked and forwarded to MySpace's home page. MySpace has placed Prison Planet on a list of blocked websites supposedly reserved for spam, phishing scams or virus trojans.
www.infowars.com... this upsets me i constantly use buletins on the space to get stuff from prisonplanet out to alot of people at a time i geuss from now on imma have to go to everyone individually

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster

Time to add myspace to the Faux/Murdoc disinformation regime. The site should be boycotted. I take that back, that would only allow them a safe cubby hole where those who follow Fox news would never hear the truth.

You should be able to set up an alternate blog site, embed links there with an explanasion of the censorship. You can also auto forward with one page on an alternate blog for each link. Then broadcast that blog address out. Make sure you also explain the situation so others can do similiar thing.

We are seeing the start of Internet censorship.

Alternetly PrisonPlanet itself could set up alternate mirrors that redirect, rotating them in and out as they are added to the list. Some should set this up for PrisonPlanet, basically a site that maps its pages with only a different domain.

Unfortunetly everytime MySpace shuts down a new site, all former links go dead, so add key words in the message so if a user wants to go back and find it they will have a context that will pop it up directly if they google. Very little digging involved. Thats my best idea.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well at least it will cut down on a lot of SPAM, for those of us who want to keep in touch with friends, rather than get our "news" from Myspace.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

broadcasts that are unwelcome are a different story and should be handled by adressing the person sending them if complaints arise. Filtering every email with prisonplanet.com in it is a whole different thing.

You seem to have found some form of logic to support your belief but are comapring apples and oranges.

What if Murdoc only allowed news links to Fox News, what if YouTube did, what if the whole web did, this is a censorship issue.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Use / to get around this. Should work for a while until they ban that service as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Maybe PrisonPlanet should try and by an add on myspace and see what happens, they either have to say no, then explain that, or let him put the truth out to a bunch of MySpace members.

The add would explain to users about the censorship. Big blinking you are being censored add.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Why doesn't Prisonplanet/Infowars just get their own Myspace page? Then they can post blogs, etc... on the site without necessarily having to have links, and others wanting to alert folks to these stories can link them to the Myspace page instead.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I get their bulletins still. I get multiple bulletins from the Alex Jones page every day. I guess they forgot to censor mine

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
Maybe PrisonPlanet should try and by an add on myspace and see what happens, they either have to say no, then explain that, or let him put the truth out to a bunch of MySpace members.

The add would explain to users about the censorship. Big blinking you are being censored add.

That actually has happened before. I used to get spam from Fling.com about ten to fifteen times a day on myspace. In between the fake profiles trying to add me as a friend and the messages wanting me to click here, it was driving me nuts. Now I only have to look at the ad on the side of my page. I'm sure that was part of a settlement agreement they reached before they got sued.

How many people really click through on those ads anyway?

But as was pointed out above, why don't they just start their own profile? Between the blogs and their own bulletins, I think everyone would stay well informed.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hello myspace was purchased by FOX News, what do you expect?!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This article is either BS or it was one of the million myspace glitches. I have dozens of bulletins from alex jones that link the infowars site and they all work. They may have marked him as spam because he sends out numerous bulletins every single days.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is a good thing if it's true. Alex Jones is a fraud. I'm really ashamed that so many people buy into his half truths.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon

Actually it's News Corporation that bought Myspace. But they do own FOX as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

You may be on the special list they have... uh oh.

joke

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Originally posted by Choronzon

Actually it's News Corporation that bought Myspace. But they do own FOX as well.

That makes sense now that they would censor Alex...Damn Faux news!

[edit on 29-9-2007 by smitten]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If this website had myspace-like features, it probably would get shut down.

top topics

join