It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Find Swastika Cut Into Acres Of N.J. Cornfield

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Orientation DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!

The Real Swastika

- Prashant Trivedi

The word 'swastika' comes from Sanskrit, the
ancient Vedic language, and it means
'conducive to well being.' It is derived
from two Sanskrit words: 'su,' meaning
'well,' and 'asti,' from the verb to be,
meaning 'it is.'

The right-handed swastika has been used as a
positive expression of life by the ancient
Mesopotamians, the early Christians and
Byzantines, the Mayans, as well as the Hopi
and other Native American Indian tribes.

In relation to the Hopi, it can be seen on
their 'prophecy rock' as illustrated below,
and it is considered the initiator of the new
age after the 'Great Purification'.

Yes, it matters

The swastika appears in two forms: left-handed and right-handed. However, confusion quickly arises when one is faced with the question of how to define 'left' and 'right' with regard to this symbol. Some occultists and historians favor a definition based on the direction taken by the arms as they extend outward from the centre; while others prefer to define left' and 'right' in terms of the apparent direction of rotation. The confusion arises from the fact that a swastika whose arms proceed to the left appears to be rotating to the right, and vice versa.
source

The right handed swastika is a positive symbol; the left handed one, the one that the NAZIS used, is not... The symbol in the field is a RIGHT handed symbol, not left

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
The right handed swastika is a positive symbol; the left handed one, the one that the NAZIS used, is not... The symbol in the field is a RIGHT handed symbol, not left

What are you looking at? It's obviously the same configuration as the most common Nazi swastika, as shown in the Nazi flag I posted earler.

Actually swastikas of both directions appeared both in Nazi Germany and in ancient India, so I don't think there's really a "good" swastika and a "bad" one really, but this one certainly is the same as the ones most commonly used by the Nazis.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

What are you looking at? It's obviously the same configuration as the most common Nazi swastika, as shown in the Nazi flag I posted earler.

Yes it is. I didn't think it was, hence my comments on the first page. But looking at it, it is clearly of the same orientation as the "classic" Nazi swastika.

I'm still at a complete loss as to how I thought otherwise.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here is some info on the right handed Nazi symbol:

link

The Nazi party used a right-facing swastika as their symbol and the red and black colors were said to represent Blut und Boden (blood and soil). Black, white, and red were in fact the colors of the old North German Confederation flag (invented by Otto von Bismarck, based on the Prussian colors black and white, blended with the red and white of the medieval Hanse cities). In 1871, with the foundation of the German Reich, the flag of the North German Confederation became the German Reichsflagge (Reich's flag). Black, white, and red subsequently became the colors of the nationalists (e.g. during World War I and the Weimar Republic.

While I understand that this symbol had a much better reputation in past history, and I am sure there are religions and cultures who see it in a positive light, I respect that,

However,

For most in this country and I am sure others, this symbol represents Hitler's Nazi Germany and the horrible impact it had on our recent past.

Hate groups in our country use it in Hitler's fashion to this day.

It is not ignorant to be alarmed when this symbol pops up in this NJ cornfield be it a prank, hate crime or farmer using it for good luck.

The immediate thought of many, is not one of a good luck symbol.

Hopefully,

In our generation, this symbol can return to the meaning it held prior to Hitler abominating it.

I have my doubts,

It is hard to forget the evil caused by the so called Thousand Year Reich.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
orange county has a large neo nazi gang culture, dangerious place for ethnics. And russia has a massive neo nazi gang culture...ross kemp on gangs is a good watch! scouts and exploits top nutorious gangs!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The Nazi swastika represents the black sun, part of their occultism mysticism.
en.wikipedia.org...(occult_symbol)

Does anyone remember this? and if anything has been done about it?

www.theregister.co.uk...

I cannot see how this could possibly be an accident.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
Does anyone remember this? and if anything has been done about it?

Funny you should ask that...

Navy to mask Coronado's swastika-shaped barracks

apc

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Certainly does seem like there is an effort lately to remind people of the holocaust...

Can't imagine what that's all about.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

[If it isn't kids, then I would consider it a hate crime because adults should know better, and hopefully the perpetrators are turned in to face justice.

a hate crime?

gimmie a break....a retarded crime...vandalism or whatever...

whats with 'hate crimes' all the time?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

You noticed that too? I've got my own theories... but I'm gonna wait a couple more days to see if it's valid. By the way, here's another related article released recently. From the NY Times, here a molehill:

Swastikas Found Scrawled in Brooklyn, and in a Field in New Jersey

And on topic, there's your mountain: Authorities Investigate Cornfield Swastika As Hate Crime

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
That looks more Hindu than Nazi really. Maybe be a prank for attention, but done wrong of course.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join