It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. supports terrorists groups against Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I guess that no one really cares that the U.S. does the same things that we complain about other countries doing. Some simply recognize it as a give that we operate covertly to undermine other countries then try to persuade public opinion in the media to the contrary.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhamende
I guess that no one really cares that the U.S. does the same things that we complain about other countries doing.

The United States has ALWAYS been a state sponsor of terror, by it's own definition. We make the list so don't include ourselves but we've funded terror groups that have/were/are attempting to overthrow/destabilize a regime or government we don't like. Those funded terrorists were trained even as they brutalized and murdered average citizens and villagers.

This is a proven fact and one we don't outright deny.

Any new secret funding will probably be made public years from now but rest assured, we have and do arm or train terrorist groups (we did for Osama) in other countries. Even if we call them freedom fighters while doing it.

Since it's a matter of perspective it seems it doesn't count.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury.
Raise the double-standard.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

I guess that no one really cares that the U.S. does the same things that we complain about other countries doing.

The United States has ALWAYS been a state sponsor of terror, by it's own definition. We make the list so don't include ourselves but we've funded terror groups that have/were/are attempting to overthrow/destabilize a regime or government we don't like. Those funded terrorists were trained even as they brutalized and murdered average citizens and villagers.

This is a proven fact and one we don't outright deny.

Any new secret funding will probably be made public years from now but rest assured, we have and do arm or train terrorist groups (we did for Osama) in other countries. Even if we call them freedom fighters while doing it.

Since it's a matter of perspective it seems it doesn't count.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury.
Raise the double-standard.

No it unfortunately doesn't count. But it should since we use Iranian action in Iraq as a pretext for war. I hope that the U.N. isn't stupid enough to believe the lies that Bush and co. said to the General Assembly today. Bush said today something along the lines of if the U.N. fails to act the U.N. risk becoming illegitimate.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If the U.S. is supporting the Sunni Insurgency in Far East Iran near the border with Pakistan and Afganistan, which is pretty small overall, then our CIA agents may accident run into Osama Bin-Laden or Mullah Omar hiding out with those same Sunnis in East Iranian border region.

Why else is he still not caught? cuz he's in the one place we can't go into without causing essentially WW3 = Iran.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thats a whole other debate, but I don't think that many people will step in to help Iran at least not immediately. China has too much to lose economically by making America an enemy and Russia needs more time to build up forces and would need more allies. As far as where OBL is hiding, who knows, but most likely not in Iran. Shia dominated Iran opposes sunni extremists and even help the U.S. w/ intel reguarding Al Qaeda.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

During Amadinejads question and answer session he spoke of a terrorist group that has been working for years to undermine the Iranian gov't.

Well if Iran says so it must be true.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Thats a whole other debate, but I don't think that many people will step in to help Iran at least not immediately. China has too much to lose economically by making America an enemy and Russia needs more time to build up forces and would need more allies. As far as where OBL is hiding, who knows, but most likely not in Iran. Shia dominated Iran opposes sunni extremists and even help the U.S. w/ intel reguarding Al Qaeda.

I've heard this, but I just don't believe it at all. Especially the past few years, Iran hasnt been doing jack. The reality on the ground is the same as the reality of the Waziristan Tribal Northwest Region of Pakistan. "Rugged, mountainous, no-mans land" yada yada, common descriptions. Well the Sunni area of Sistan Baluchistan province in Southeast Iran is also a rugged, mountainous, no mans land". And if you had heard/read first hand accounts of a couple former Taliban bodyguards that were captured, after Tora Bora battle the head Taliban and Al-Qaeda leadership were discussing TWO CLEAR CHOICES: Northwest Border Region of Pakistan, or Southeast Region of Iran. The former bodyguards say some went both ways but do not know who went where etc. In fact, along the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan, the mountains go all the way down it like a stripe, right on into Eastern Iran.

en.wikipedia.org...

[Notice that Afghanistan and Pakistan both border this same region. Notice that the Baluchi minority of Iran hates the Shiite Govt, and openly wage war on their troops regularly in that province of Iran. It's the "Iranian Terrorism" that Ahmadinejad spoke of when he says Iran is "a victim of terrorists too".]

The [Iranian] President before Ahmadinejad cooperated, but since he's been in office, which has been only about as long as Bush (a little less), we've had very little to no terrorist logistic cooperation.

Iran supports so many terrorist organizations financially. Hezbollah, Hamas, Mahdi Army in Iraq, break away Shiite groups in Iraq. Syrian goons too, Damascus = Terror Capitol of the World. Thats the city from where all the decisions are made, where all the highest leaderships get together and make decisions of murder and destruction on behalf of the Palestinian people, keeping them perpetually locked in a losing, slow-pace, guerrilla war against Israel.

All it would take for there to be peace in Palestine is a couple of simple things. First, Hamas over in Gaza should be officially split from the West Bank, into an entire different entity, the Islamic -whatever- of Hamas. This way, since they are the ones launching rockets and refusing to recognize Israel, they can be the ones to get the # bombed out of them.

All the while, M. Abbas (Mabus IMO) continues positive relations with Olmert of Israel, and the official Palestinian State of the West Bank would be established. The Fatah are willing to work with Israel and the West, Hamas has shown they're trying to kill Fatah even more-so than Israelis.

[edit on 9/25/2007 by runetang]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Maybe like I did you should research reports of terrorism against the Iranian government. I don't just listen to what one person, group, or news agency says and take it for fact.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I didn't realize this, but I guess it stands to reason that there would also be a minority population in Iran as well that would be sympathetic to Al Qaeda. And reguarding Syria, I believe that they are up to no good especially in Lebanon. I certainly don't believe that Iran is telling the whole truth either. However, I believe there is some truth to what the Iranians are saying. Our media portrays Iran and especially Irans president with being an evil war mongering dictator. While I'm sure he's and they're not perfect, but our country certainly isn't either and so we need not do anything at all about Iran unless there is damning evidence against Iran. That is possesing W.O.M.D. and the intent to use them. And anyone that believes we should go to war because of what Bush's administration claims is true is flat out wrong.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by jhamende]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join