It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush seeks another $230bn for wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Bush seeks another $230bn for wars

www.news.com.au

THE White House will ask Congress next week to approve another huge spending measure for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan totalling nearly $US200 billion ($230bn), the Los Angeles Times has reported
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
230bn Is about the price for another year.

Another post said 720m a day. It will be intresting to see if Congress passes the bill, and if not, can bush veto?..

Does anybody know the cost to date?
Could this be the trigger Bush needs to go into Iran?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
according to the law of karma , it says that if one does cruelty on aother , he too will sooner or later have suffer that cruelty when he becomes weak or another grows stronger

what USA does today , it will suffer tomorrow the same , and will get its well deserved punishment(maybe at hands of russia)

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Is anyone else starting to think bin laden attacked the US so they would go to the middle east and get drawn into a long war that would eventually ruin the economy? Afghanistan cost the USSR lots of cash and while not the sole reason their military spenting was one of the reasons they had economic troubles.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Good money after bad. I guess we have to buy out Blackwaters contract now. At some point you just need to cut off the infected leg before you go into multiple organ failure.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
if congress gives this ape another $200b. this will prove to all that rep.and dem's. are one in the same... theres no reason for this kind of money to be tossed to pig's with al of the issues we face here in the U.S.

with all of the money spent to date...we could have rid the U.S. of our heath care problem... homelessness...bought all the katrina victims homes,heck... probably could have bought iraq by now!

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
wow im simply amazed as to where these amounts are coming from

with your debt nearly 9 trillion or in that region i suppose the fed just simply prints more money or where does it all come from?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
wow im simply amazed as to where these amounts are coming from

with your debt nearly 9 trillion or in that region i suppose the fed just simply prints more money or where does it all come from?

Printing money........

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Hmm...

Should be interesting to see the Canadian dollar increase even higher. I think I'm going to have to take a trip down south sometime. Maybe pick up that PS3 I've been considering!

This wanton printing of money is part of what's currently trashing the US economy. If I was a Yank, I'd be seriously pissed!

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yes we are highly pizzed off. It's like being in a nightmare where you are running like mad, not going anyplace, your gun doesn't fire, or your punch has no effect. It is quite maddening.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

At the risk of sounding snide (which is not my intention), why don't you do something about it?

Write to your representatives.
Protest.
Refuse to pay taxes as a conscientious objector who cannot support the administration's use of your dollars.

Raise a little hell!

I mean, what's more "American" than standing up for what you believe in and saying some nasty things to those that would abuse you?

You folks need to make it clear to the administration that it cannot hide behind the system it has usurped.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Citing unnamed Pentagon officials, the newspaper said on its website that if President George W. Bush's spending request was approved, 2008 will be the most expensive year of the Iraq war.

Yeah. Most expansive. When troops are about to be reduced and more expansive than the invasion in 03... who do they think we are? We are supposed to believe that the most expansive year will be 2008 by just staying in Iraq and Afghanistan? Yeah sure. 08 is the year Iran gets bombed. Bush and Cheney said it, they would bomb Iran before they end their term if Iran didn't stop their nuclear program. 2008 baby.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Bitraiser, I have emailed every senator and congressman inside and outside of my Ohio jurisdiction. I have emailed the white house. I vote. I am a law abiding citizen. The only thing I haven't done is civil disobedience, yet.

new topics

top topics

join