It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific proof, Monks levitated mega ton boulders?? You decide

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm actually surprised that I haven't found the connections to this anywhere, not on the net, not on a discovery/history channel special, and not in any books, except for hints in a few paranormal books.

So here it is. There was an article written in a german magazine in the 1940's about a specific Dr. Jarl, who went to Tibet and witnessed groups of Buddhist monks levitating giant mega-ton stones using sound waves (instruments and singing), made two seperate videos upon which bringing them back to England, were supposedly confiscated by some English society.

You can google Dr. Jarl, "Tibetan levitation" and so. Either way, it always sounded like occult fantasy, until science has proven acoustic levitation.

Here is a youtube video of such an event:
www.youtube.com...

So being that this was known by a society that's thousands of years old, could be the technique used in the Pyramids? I highly suspect so.

Also Edward Leedskalnin, who built a giant megaton stone castle/garden was said to have been seen singing as he levitated simlar boulders in front of himself while walking with them.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by dominicus]

[edit on 22-9-2007 by dominicus]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Will I be first to point out that there's a big difference in styrofoam exposed to sound waves in a small box and mega-ton boulders? As soon as I read "scientific proof," I knew there wouldn't be any.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
"There is no known limit to what acoustic levitation can lift given enough vibratory sound, but currently the maximum amount that can be lifted by this force is a few kilograms" as stated in Wiki.

I do not think all the monks in the world can generate the noise to lift a pound.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Dr. Jarl, who went to Tibet and witnessed groups of Buddhist monks levitating giant mega-ton stones using sound waves (instruments and singing), made two seperate videos upon which bringing them back to England, were supposedly confiscated by some English society.

What English society? Government, cult? Also, you say there was two videos made, so were both confiscated by this 'English society'? I imagine two videos were made in an attempt to thwart such a confiscation. Guess that Dr. wasn't educated in cloak and dagger tactics

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This is but a rudimentary understanding of a more complex phenomenon. Give it a few more years and they'll be floating blocks not styrofoam.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Good post

Maybe they could advance this technology to levitate heavier objects in the future.

Oddly enough, this looks strikingly similar to the Hutchinson Effect, but i think that has to do with electromagnetics.

www.youtube.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
EXACTLY, this is a new area in science that has yet to be fully understood. They don't have it all figured out yet, but it's not impossible.

THis post is here for people to be able to put the pieces together based on what I posted. There's obviously some truth to these here pieces, and that's fine if you want continue with a healthy dose of scepticism. But myself also retaining the healthy dose, it's pretty obvious to me that these things are connected.

Now if your "fill-in-the blank" belief system brings your judgement to a bias, that a several thousand year old society was/is able to do something that the west is just now starting to figure out.....if that's too hard to come to grips with, that's not my problem.

We're getting several scientific findings that people of the past knew about things before they were scientifically proven. Like the alchemsists turning lead into gold being scientifically proven: chemistry.about.com...

Also, a pair of Occult writers witnessed, spoke about, and described the Atom, several decades before it was officially scientifically proven and acredited to someone else: The book is called "Occult Chemistry: Investigations by Clairvoyant Magnification into...... by C.W. Leadbeater & A. W. Besant, " which was actually first published in 1895-1905.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Maybe they could advance this technology to levitate heavier objects in the future.

If this is somehow viable with heavier objects, the most obvious application would be a flying vehicle. I think the technology is more than a few years off. And if you think an airliner is loud, just imagine.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If the monks did levitate boulders (there's plenty of stories of them performing levitation on objects, including themselves) and video was taken of it, I have no doubt it would have been confiscated. If something exists that governments don't want you to know about, they have a tendancy to do that. Things DO exist in this world that POWERFUL people DON"T want us to know about.
Imagine if this IS real, and the effect it could have on the economy. Might be hard to sell oil...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Building through levitation. Sounds cool but who would want to listen to that music all day long?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think they have some influence over the objects, even if not fully. What are other explainations of it? And well I would trust a monk more than the average person.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Boddhisatva, Foundations of Tibetian Mysticism, I believe was the name of it, has a reference to this levitation being witnessed by a missionary as well, I regret that I don't recall it in more detail, it's been about 15 or 20 years since I read it.
The universe is probably made of sound, after a fashion, no telling what is possible with a mastery of resonance and harmonics. No, there's never any proof that satisfy the skeptics, but there's a reason there's no proof, for example try doing a FIOA for the complete works of Nikola Tesla and see what 'proof' you get about the power of resonance.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
if you notice, as the object's mass increases, so does the pitch required to levitate the object. an object of such mass as a large 2000 lb stone would require a pitch that is out of our sensory range, as well as out of our range of sound production

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I would say that sound is not really what's behind the phenomena, more accurately it is the frequency of the wave, perhaps an EM wave could do the same. Could this be what's behind the Hutchinson effect?
Also brings to mind Ed Leedskalnin and his coral castle.

I think this picture sums up the sort of mysteries that have been lost to us.

How on Earth?

[edit on 23-9-2007 by squiz]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz

How on Earth?

[edit on 23-9-2007 by squiz]

Nothing that a few 100,000 slaves and a few decades can't over come.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve22
if you notice, as the object's mass increases, so does the pitch required to levitate the object. an object of such mass as a large 2000 lb stone would require a pitch that is out of our sensory range, as well as out of our range of sound production

The energy required to shatter a glass is beyond our range as well, it's not so much energy, as resonance, that's the magic.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Ah well then mystery solved.

Some estimates have said about 40,000 men would be required, The Baalbek monolith is estimated to be over 1000 tons, that would easily crush any rollers used to transport it. It can barely be accomplished even with todays technology.

n 1996, I posed the problem of the Baalbek stones to Baldwins Industrial Services - one of the leading crane hire companies in Britain. I asked them how they might attempt to move the 1,000-ton Stone of the South and place it at the same height as the Trilithon.
Although it is sometimes claimed that modern cranes cannot lift stones as heavy as 800-tons,[9] this is actually incorrect. Bob MacGrain, the Technical Director of Baldwins, confirmed that there were several mobile cranes that could lift and place the 1,000-ton stone on a support structure 20 feet high. Baldwins themselves operate a 1,200 ton capacity Gottwald AK912 strut jib crane,[10] whilst other companies operate cranes which can lift 2,000 tons. Unfortunately, however, these cranes do not have the capability to actually move whilst carrying such heavy loads.
How, then, might we transport the Stone of the South to the Baalbek acropolis?
Baldwins suggested two possibilities. The first would use a 1,000-ton capacity crane fitted with crawler tracks. The disadvantage of this method would be the need for massive ground preparation works - to provide a solid, level roadway for the crane to move.
The alternative to a crane would be a series of modular hydraulic trailers, combined to create a massive load carrying platform. These trailers raise and lower their loads using hydraulic cylinders built into their suspension. The initial lift at the quarry would be achieved by the use of a cut-out section beneath the stone, which the trailer would drive into. The final positioning in the wall, at a height of 20 feet, would be achieved by using an earth ramp.
This is all very interesting, and gives us some feel for the scale of the engineering challenge, but there is, of course, one slight problem with the Baldwins scenario, namely that none of this twentieth century technology was supposedly available when Baalbek was built.

Source

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Of course there is always the claims of Jonathan Keely. Supposedly he lifted large heavy objects using resonant acoustic tones. He also supposedly had a number of free energy devices and odd mechanical systems based purely on tuned acoustics.

www.peswiki.com...:John_Keely

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Ah well then mystery solved.

Some estimates have said about 40,000 men would be required, The Baalbek monolith is estimated to be over 1000 tons, that would easily crush any rollers used to transport it. It can barely be accomplished even with todays technology.

Well my friend we can only lift a large piece of Styrofoam with sound by today’s standards, so I think my slaves can pull more than they can lift by humming.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Before people start referring to the fact that we can currently only lift small blocks of Styrofoam through sound waves we need to realise that WE are indeed way behind the technology of our ancestors.

Two minutes research on some of the traditions of the Asia Pacific nations will reveal each and every territory refers to an ancient motherland from which civilization as we know it derived. We know this as Mu, or Lemuria.

There have been many discoveries of lost ancient technology which worked WITH nature and within the laws of nature to achieve that which we now attempt to achieve through microchips and science (such as was performed throughout Mu). Our technology is inferior to ancient Earth-based technologies (see Frank Josephs work on Nan Madol for a prime example of superior ancient technologies)

Anyway my point is that as we only now begin to re-discover the power of levitation, we are slowly catching up to the type of technology we once had mastered thousands of years ago.

Tibetan monks have been levitating objects for as long as they can remember and just because WE westerners don't see it on the nightly news it DOESN'T mean that its impossible or non-existent.

Look to the past for the answers to our future.

Microchip and silicon based technologies are alien to our planet and have hijacked man's true destiny. We must consider past technologies and return to these nature-based methods as ways to escape our planet's current capitulation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join