It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man urinates on dying woman, declaring it 'YouTube material'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Shouting, "This is YouTube material!" a 27-year-old British man urinated on a dying woman who had collapsed on the street, the BBC and local Hartepool Mail and Northern Echo tell us. He also doused her with a bucket of water and covered her with shaving cream.

The woman, 50-year-old Christine Lakinski, died at the scene of pancreatic failure.

In a sad sign of the times, it was all recorded on a mobile phone.
source

[edit on 9/22/2007 by pstiffy]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
How sick does somebody have to be in the head to urinate on somebody dying on the road...not to mention having your two idiot friends filming and cheering it on.

I am really starting to lose faith in our species

[edit on 9/22/2007 by pstiffy]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Reading this made my stomech feel like I am falling, really kind of sick like.....and I started to cry.

You know there are things that once you've seen them you can't 'un-see' them and they burn themselves on the back of your eyelids. In this case this was something I really did not want to know about the human condition for it disgusts me to know I am part of such a sad race of beings.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
What an idiot.

Whoever that guy is, should be done the same upon him.

@ theRiverGoddess, is he even a human at all?

[edit on 22-9-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
in a day and age where i thought any atrocity was possible, something ten times worse then what i expected pops up

this is truly outrageous i dont think ive heard anything like it. i mean ive heard worse in fictional writings and what not, but something like this popping up in the middle of the street, in real life its honestly hard for me to believe and understand

if this was true, then this man should be disembowled and stuck up on a pike to die a long painful death in the middle of the street while people take turns throwing feces at him

how somebody could be this evil and psychotic is beyond me, is this a sign that our world is truly becoming more evil every passing second, is this not a huge assurance of complete disregard for human life and declining morals encompassing humankind

if this one guy happened to be a random guy walking down the street witnessing a death and acting the way he did, then who is to say how many more demon possessed freaks walk among us

it seems as though a dark age is sweeping upon us

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   

"We will await the outcome and just hope he gets what he deserves," Lakinski's brother said after today's court hearing.

And what exactly does he deserve? I can't imagine its going to be a new stereo system. I will be curiously awaiting the reaction to this mans sentencing.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
That makes me just sick, What is this world coming to!
There is no way to describe how sick and twisted this is, all for a bunch of F%&^ING idiots to watch on youtube. He will probably get a quick slap on the wrist, dont do it again its ridiculous.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by zero314]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rabid Cerebral

I couldn't agree more. It seems like every day SOME people seem to try to do anything they can to be famous. Even if they go to jail or worse. It's ridiculous. YouTube DOES have good uses, but when you dip into these depths of insanity I wonder if maybe those people were messed up from birth? Is it just because we're in this whole "do it now, get famous" society combined with said insanity? Or maybe the parents just don't raise their kids right anymore (not everybody of course, but when that guy was young he shoulda been spanked; I bet his parent/parents never disciplined him). I know a lot of people will say you should never spank a child, but in my book there are times where (as the bible says) "Spare the rod, Spoil the child". Maybe he and his friends have a major malfunction... in any event that is just plain wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rabid Cerebral
in a day and age where i thought any atrocity was possible, something ten times worse then what i expected pops up

this is truly outrageous i dont think ive heard anything like it. i mean ive heard worse in fictional writings ...
...if this was true, then this man should be disembowled and stuck up on a pike to die a long painful death in the middle of the street while people take turns throwing feces at him

I am curious is his lack of compassion for an unknown dying women that much worse then your compassion for a drunk idiot that will have to live with his terrible mistake and conscience? a little jail time will be satisfactory to me.

agreed.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
I am curious is his lack of compassion for an unknown dying women that much worse then your compassion for a drunk idiot that will have to live with his terrible mistake and conscience? a little jail time will be satisfactory to me.

I would have to agree with you. Well put.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
In the interest of keeping the issue fair I will point out that only one source has been given in this thread up to this point.

A google news on 'Man urinates on dying woman' gives
and

Actually I was gonna say that most of the sites reporting this were not UK, but that is not the case.

uk
uk
uk (bbc)

not good.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Here is a link to the full story as reported in the local paper.
www.thenorthernecho.co.uk...

Whilst I don't advocate life imprisonment, bread and water with the odd session on the rack thrown in, this man will probably get 12 - 18 months which means he will actually serve 6 months jail, probably in Holme House, Category B prison in Stockton - On - Tees, about 10 miles from where he lives, so plenty of visits etc. Not a walk in the park but hardly a prison renowned for it's strict regime.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

lets all take a moment of self examination and ask what might we do.

We are out drinking with friends, being macho and tough, walking out of the bar, on the side of the street in dimly lit conditions is a homeless person. Would we help? would we ignore, some might even think it funny to make fun of this person down on their luck. He probably did not know she was dying, I am not excusing him, he also didn't care.

Those who just walk by did far better then this guy, but I have read stories of kids paying bums to hurt themselfs so they cold film it, kicking them around to get them out of town, and in some cases lighting them on fire. This guy is an extream case of what we hear and see all to often, lack of compassion.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Having a laugh and a joke are one thing but let's look at the facts;

1st time, calls her a smackhead and kicks her feet. No response.
2nd time, pours a bowl of water over her head. No response.

I think by now the penny might have dropped that the jokes over and that there is something wrong here, but no;

3rd time, cover her in shaving foam. Still no response.

Err, now what, I know i'll lag all over her, that'll be a great laugh cos there is obviously something seriously wrong here.

Then what, by that was a laugh, let's go and get bladdered and show everyone we meet what a laugh it was cos we filmed it all!

Like I said before, don't think he should get tarred and feathered but 6month walk in the park in a nick just down the road from where he lives
, cos that'll be all he get's.

No-one likes a laugh and a giggle more than me but come on, where do you draw the line?
This was totally unacceptable by anyone's standards.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

yes totally unacceptable, I have a habit of trying to get into the minds of others and guess where their malfunction occured. Many times this helps me identify and handle some judgements I have. I do not excuse nor understand his actions, but I am trying to just to figure the madness of it out.

But your comment makes sence, your right, he may have known she was dying, that send shivers down my spine, that is an even worse level of lack of carrying.

I did see an interesting experiment. a man lays on the road in NY or a big city, everyone walks by, same experiment in small town, people help. The conclusion was that we as humans we create a village of people we share empathy with, becuase our physical and emotional resources are limited we build walls to stop others from entering our envelope of carring.

The more people we face day to day, the more we have to put the guardian of compassion up front. It has been postilated that some inhumane actions actually are a subconsciece attempt to build this wall.

So a person who worked at a concentration camp, might become mean just to reinforce the areas that are giving him ability to resist empathy

Just a thought.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Even in NYC while most people might not directly stop and help they would at least call 911 or flag down a cop. Things have changed alot since Kitty Genovese and the passing of the Good Samaritan Law.

I really dont know what to say about this, I truly did not think people were capable of being that callous and stupid. He deserves a nice long visit with Her Majesty's Prison Service.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I have to disagree here. Anyone who would do such a thing, drunk or not, is a little lacking in the "conscience" department. I have been drunk many a night, and not only would I never find this appropriate, the thought of doing such a thing would never occur to me. Descecrating a human body, alive or dead (or perhaps, even worse-dying and in need of help and peace) is depravity. Period.

And how do we know the woman was homeless? Not that it matters, seeing as homeless people are in fact human beings, but the original post from the OP didn't say that. (Unless I missed it.) And I would like to think that in the same situation I would call 911, find help, something.

Oh, and not all youtubers are "idiots." I get my news from youtube, in fact- I have 3 people I subscribe to who send out news clips from American MSM, as well as the BBC and CBC. (Actually, one of the users I subscribe to is "newshoundsblog," whose slogan is "We watch Fox so you don't have to.") I do not have cable, and youtube has pretty much replaced my TV.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
All the people who watch and laugh at the vids on the net, contribute to this. When i think that people will say this is bad and then laugh at the vids on the net, which is it.

Just goes to show whats happening today. Gattuso said it best(hes an acmilan football player), when he said kids have no respect today at all, they just need the thrill all the time.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

I have to disagree here. Anyone who would do such a thing, drunk or not, is a little lacking in the "conscience" department.

seeing as homeless people are in fact human beings,

I so agree, I completly agree, I was only trying to understand his thoughts. I feel embarrised if anyone thought I was defending him. I was only trying to wrap my mind and try to understand how he eliminated his compassion, or conscience so much.

I only said homeless because they are treated the worst.
I was trying to make a point that we all, including me can do better. I was not defending him

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Even in NYC while most people might not directly stop and help they would at least call 911 or flag down a cop.

I thought the same thing, but I watched a lady and then a man (actors for the study) laying on the sidewalk as 100's walked by, maybe they all thought someone else would stop and help. They showed it in fast motion. Granted they could have fudged facts or picked a case that worked for them but it happened at least those two times.

The main point was not to disrespect city dwellers, it was a comment on how people form villages of compassion, and how some defence mecanism fight against building of compassion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join