It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get out of the United States now !!! 2.19, 2008 Deadline

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I figure I have another 5 years till I flee to Canada.

Can I hitch a ride?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
reply to post by K-illuminati

Oh yes, Prison Planet a reputable source...
and so what if they do this, it will only make us safer, so i have to get a pass to trave boohoo...you should try living in Africa, or anywhere in Europe for that matter, see how far you get before being asked,"are your papers in order?"

The beauty of America is the fredom to travel about and be able to go where you want with out big brothers approval. That is one of the great things that our forefathers fought and bleed for so we can have these freedoms. If the rest of the world like Africa and Europe want to live in a quazi-communist state, that is their choice. But we as American need to stand up and rally against this. It is our right to travel with out big bro. It goes furture beyond that too. The crazy laws that people are making to say it is good for you not to smoke or drink. Who are they to tell us what is right or wrong. Those decisions need to be made on a individual bases, Not by the government. If it does come to pass that this report is true, then I weep for the USA and all the soldiers who have bleed and died to fight for freedom just so we can throw it all away.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by bigvig316]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Anyone ever stop to think that there is a threat, and that is why there is change? Or maybe, jsut maybe, it is because technology can allow them to track things. I mean, those of you who think you cannot be found at anytime make me laugh. Do you have a cell phone? that thing no one can live without? How about a car made after 2000 or so?

Travel state to state needs to be regulated so sex offenders from Ohio cannot make it into Florida. I am sorry but the US is a very, very large place coompared to almost any other country. There should be more regulation. If you are not a criminal, then you have nothing to worry about.

I suggest that everyone go and get a passport as soon as they can.

This happens only in north corea where you have to obtain a permit to travel by train to another part of the country.
Sad.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Our future has never been brighter. Don't fall into a spiral of dispair.

2012 will be a revealing year. Hang in there.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
In response to all of the people that are saying times have changed blah blah blah!!

Look at what happened in the Katrina debacle where people were forced to stay in the disaster area, and etc. and tell me allowing the government to decide whether we really need to travel or not is a good idea!!

Not only is this indescribably agaisnt the basic values America is built on but it is a system with entirelly TOO MUCH POTENTIAL FOR ABUSE!!

It does not matter whether it will make some people more safe, Truly it doesn't. Not when it can be used to target those who agitate for change and fight corruption. The No Fly List in itself is an evil evil manifestation of a system gone power mad and tyrannical. They have NO RIGHT to tell an American where or when they may travel unless under current indictment.

The fact that something of this nature is being proposed tells me enough about the intentions of those in power and for those of you who don't get it... well you are the reason I weep for the future and I pray to ANY AND EVERY GOD I can think of that you are somehow incapable of breeding and passing on your willfully stupid blithe acceptance of mounting tyranny.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
All I see is another baseless end of the world date for all the chicken littles out there to latch on to.

There have always been restrictions on travel. There has always been a requirement of permission to do it. It's called a "Passport." Nobody's freedom has ever been infringed on by a passport, nor will it be hurt by this.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I agree.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Enough with the dates man i mean i'm getting a lil sick and tired of this date that date lol firstly people were saying AUG 18TH 2007 was the big day for something to happen, then they said AUG 28TH, then when nothing happend they said SEPT 21ST 2007... c'mon man lol so your saying now that it's 19 FEB, 2008......PLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSEEEEEE.....LOL... Enough is Enough unless you have ventured into the future and have the concrete proof on video camera of the changed world in 2008 then sorry bud it's just p'ing in the wind lol..

[edit on 22/9/07 by free_spirit_earth]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well, it is your fault for focusing on the date and not the issue, granted, it is in the title, so I give you that much for not thinking for yourself.

Let me tell you, right now, travel ... go see the country, appreciate the freedom of driving down an interstate and stopping where you want, when you want. Visiting whatever quaint little town or big city you choose along the way. Sleep in rest areas or $10 hotels. Experience what makes this country great, then ... think about those FREEDOMS being pulled from underneath you.

This is what your problem is. I could care less about planes ... in fact, if they banned ALL big airliner commercial flights forever, it would have no effect on me ... since I never fly, and unless I visit another country, never will, and I could still take a boat. I wouldn't take away the right for citizens to fly themselves, that is for sure. Heck, John Travolta flies his own jumbo jet from his back yard about 10 miles from my house.

Freedom. If you don't like it, please, hire a dominatrix and live in submission. Don't force your fetishes on the rest of society. You could always move to a place that suits your desires more ... honestly, I plan on moving for this reason ... the culture I plan to join one day has a higher level of societal respect ... it is just how they are ... unlike a lot of places here. I don't try to make laws to force people to be nice and considerate, no, I found a place where people are raised that way and it is the natural course of things. I think all of you liberty haters should find yourself a nice comfy controlled place to live and move there.

BTW JM, you don't even have the backbone of a communist ... even they are willing to fight for themselves ... you are willing to give up everything. If I could, DHR, since someone has said that is who you are, I would show you happiness, friendship, and what freedom is about, so you would know to stand up for it. It is a weakness of mine, helping lost causes, because not all of them are really lost. Put your energy to something that matters. Giving up rights and freedoms doesn't protect you and your loved ones, it sentences them to restriction and sorrow. Imagine not being able to see your child because of restrictions, not being able to visit your parents because of some silly rule they made up.

For me, I will do what I need to when the time comes. I don't worry about the date, I just keep my eyes open to the reality. I will stand behind those that wake up in the last moments and encourage them, if it really gets as bad as it looks.

You know what, looking back over John Titor's stuff ... it looks like the timing was a bit off, but the path is still similar for the most part. A name change here and there.

I am peaceful, and preach love. But don't bend over backwards and give up your freedom of choice, nor anyone else's freedoms for them. I will not have you telling my family and close friends they are not allowed to travel to keep them safe, what kind of life is it if you are not allowed to do peaceful things as you choose in your own country that waves the word freedom around to kill people in other countries?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils."
--General John Stark, July 31, 1809

Liberty or Death ... Don't Tread On Me

Maybe more of you should have paid attention in history class. You all would understand what the foundation of the country is ... that is right, the foundation ... so if the country burns from its corruption, it can once again be built on this very strong cornerstone which has supported the pursuit of happiness for many over the years.

"To think that empowering the government to randomly monitor and search individuals without warrant ensures the safety of the public is taking a step back to every dictatorship that has come and gone. Let's not forget, Adolf Hitler became dictator of Germany in response to a "national crisis"-- the Reichstag fire of January 1933."

Don't make so many millions of soldiers blood and sweat mean nothing by handing over yourselves to corporate controlled false democracy. They are there to SERVE US. They are there to ENSURE our FREEDOM ... not take it away. If they fail, we have the right to evict them and change it all, and unless they try to use their false power to coerce us, we could do this all very peacefully ... before the rest of the world must step in and save us from our liars and thieves losing trillions of dollars, spying on their own, keeping technology, health, and nourishment from its people.

The things going on are atrocious ... but WE can change them. WE don't have to let them walk on us. WE can decide to get our homeless off the street, feed our own starving children ... Imagine if the money spent in Iraq, went to the suffering children in our own country?

But no, most of you are too greedy to have given the money to children, but are scared enough to believe a liar so they can profit behind closed doors and laugh at your ignorance. At least Hitler was a good orator that moved the people, this guy and his buddies are hated by the majority of his citizens, and they have gotten away with quite horrible things. If they can't have a speech, including Guiliani, without saying 9/11, then smile, is it really a tragedy to them? Their whole false sense of success has depending on the poor fateful day. I wish they would all grow a pair and act like real men. Fight on the front line themselves, or apologize for using our youth to go after oil, which has not been ADMITTED by one of their own.

That is ok, most will just say, but America is always right, well, yeah, most of the people are, the nutjobs in office and the ones that follow them aren't. America includes Canada and Mexico, btw, and if you want to get technical, America would be both Northern and Southern continents. So, yeah, America has the right idea, but these goons don't. Killing people doesn't solve anything, if you think it does, put yourself on the front line with your family beside you ... since you are so brave and are willing to allow people you never met to die 'for oil'. Thank the ex-fed for that one.

It is amazing all the war mongering fools that talk big on here that hide behind their computer. Why aren't you in the M.E.? Too scared?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ack, ya I feel trapped already when trying to cross the boarder to Canada, soo much hassle on both sides. 'Cept Canada seemed nicer the last time, because we(friend and I) said we were going to eat at a resturant. They like that!

Where are us Americans supposed to go, it's not easy getting citizenship to a good country, you need sponcers(someone who will trust you b/c they could get into trouble), etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

By the time it IS cataclismic I doubt you will be sitting in your chair reading it on the net saying "huh, well doesnt that suck."

[edit on 22-9-2007 by shug7272]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The first thing that came to mind for me,
is that I wonder what will happen between now and then which will justify this new law.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

So having a suicide bomber next to you on the subway makes you "brave"? go for it skippy, at least you'l die free. not me bruddah..better red than dead i always say, (dang, maybe I am a commy)

Watch OUT the boogie man is going to get you. He could be anywhere, he hates you, he hates your freedoms.

If you see an unattended bag in a public space it could be a BOMB!!!!! The boogie man left it there to kill your children.

So i will protect you if you give me your freedoms and become my slave.

Dont worry slave you will be safe and content watching celebrity ice skating on tv and viewing up to an amazing 60 websites thanks to net neutrality.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
So...... the revolution starts when??

Even the thought or mere mention of something like this should be enough to have the people stand up for themselves and to tell the government that enough is enough. I always thought freedom meant that you could do what you please, not with a few "buts" in there.

I mean, you tried to impeach Clinton for getting a little something something under his desk, what is it going to take for you all to step to the plate and go to bat for the IDEALS that your country was founded upon. There are already too many restrictions on everything, yet there are still people willing to sacrifice more for safety? If the terrorists really wanted to strike at you, it would be really easy. Stop hiding behind this excuse.

Enough with this garbage already. Take to the streets and kick these bums out. Does it really matter who proposed this. IMO they all(and by that I mean the government in general) need to go. Start fresh. I hate to say it, but I think any peaceful options have long since passed. It seems that lives are readily sacrificed to line the pockets of the Bigwigs, why not to take back your country??

Canada is with you. We've burned the White House down before, this time we'll help you do it.

(Rant Off)

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by K-illuminati

Oh yes, Prison Planet a reputable source...
and so what if they do this, it will only make us safer, so i have to get a pass to trave boohoo...you should try living in Africa, or anywhere in Europe for that matter, see how far you get before being asked,"are your papers in order?"

Within EU, you can travel, work and even collect benefits EASY in all countries that belongs

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
whatever,

this is already how the airlines function in principle. You have to show your ID like 5 times before flying.

This is just a newer more efficient system so that the information is relayed to the different parties centrally.

Whether or not you agree with this type of security measure, that's the way the US already operates.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
A new law to make the weak feel safer. Big deal.
Try discussing it with the weak, and they just shrug it off, and say, "it's to make us safer.

The weak, will be the first to go someday.
The rest of us, will step over them, advancing to defend what is left.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
"Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither." - Ben Franklin

AAC

I will repost what you said again because even 2 pages later in this thread, people still don't get it:

"Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither." - Ben Franklin

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Okay, so we leave the U.S. .... for where?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I dont live on GAIA I live on EARTH. With my feet on the ground and my head not in the (clouds). What 99 percent of people dont know is that airlines pick people out of screening and not TSA. You dont need permission to fly, just money and a ID.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join