It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on a Global Scale - will you fight or succumb.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Your words speak to me,and I truly mean it.I Just got a little heated when I read yor apply for which I appologize.I do think you missunderstood my comment or I couldv'e worded it better.

When I said "God put evryone in their own country for a reason" I also meant myself. I know this isn't our land which is part of the problem.We have so many different agendas as we are all seperated by different beliefs.In our own lands we wouldn't of had all these different influences which confuse people.Considering we're all trying to find the truth of our existence in the first place confusion only adds to the problem.

I've always believed in God And Christ,but there are days when even the most pure Christian questions his Faith.Especially when you have befriended many people.It's hard to befriend, especially when everyone proves to be unworthy which is why I chose to be family contained by choice.It's a pure,true selfless Love.I don't have a problem being friendly or helping people,it's just that I don't go out of my way anymore.

And for our troops.It kills me to see what they go through and Angers me.War serves only one purpose. The complete and utter anihilation of our people(of all races).I wish they never had to see what they saw because unfortunately I know what it's like to see death from a first hand experience w/my best friend who was like my brother.

I do have morals just may differ a little towards people if I feel threatened.Along with the fact that I have backslid in my Faith due to trying to live everyday life.The devil (or our Government) doing what he does best.Keeping you occupied and from making the TOTAL connection to God.So I stand corrected because I realize that God has used you as a vessal to reach me Which means I have been Schooled.

But Unfortunately if the country we were born in is attacked,I wouldn't hesitate to do the unthinkable. Believe it or not I would be fighting for the same reason as you.To protect the ones you Love.

I do not question the integrity of you words and as far as the flag is concerned,I never stated you received the mark and like the fact you stay as governmentless as possible cause that's how I choose to live.(Not as different as you might think).

Anyway Again I would like to apologize and wish you the best.God Bless in the name of Christ!!!!!!

I would also Like to apologize to everyone else in this thread for being sidetracked.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
No worries at all. And I am sure the others enjoyed listening to two passionate people debate with a little more flare than the usual child's play style of -nuh uh, yeah huh - type of bickering that is becoming slightly common in many of the sections here.

Again, I will not go and fight in another country, as the o.p. was truly asking. I know they claim evidence that it must be done, but even evidence from the military can be a bit skewed. One thing for over there, is, the people need to learn to speak up and defend themselves, as our country once did with pride. When you lose sight that you alone can defend your country, and start asking for a military and government to do it for you, that is when you get into the situation of dictatorships, tyrannies, and other corrupt governments and heads of state. The american revolution was not fought by the army, navy, or air force ... it was fought by the citizens tired of being over-taxed and controlled. Sound familiar?

We must first take care of our own people and land before trying to play with others lives and systems. You cannot help anyone if you have too many problems to deal with yourself (and you can't help someone much, if they don't wish to help themselves or don't see the problem). You can't do the work for someone else either, you can support and guide them, but, you must let them fight their own battles so they learn from the experience. That is a hard thing for parents and parental type people to do, watch someone go through something and learn. I will change the saying a little, since I am a vegetarian ... you can give someone fruit and they will depend on you for their next meal, but if you teach them how to grow and nourish the plant, they can feed themselves in the future. This is the important part of country-building that past governments forget is essential, or, they plan on having those countries dependent for nefarious reasons.

So ... no, I will not go and kill muslims, arabic, persians, etc. because they are labeled the bad guy. I wouldn't have gone and killed communists because they were labeled bad guys, just as if I lived in a communist nation, I wouldn't have desired to kill capitalists because they are labeled the bad guys ... in the end, still human and doing and living what they are raised to believe is the best. I will leave it up to G-d to judge the heart of the person and decide what they do, and to protect me until it is my time to go elsewhere.

I agree, everyone is where they are for a reason, that point is not lost in the misunderstandings. I know that, for I have saw my local influences with my own eyes. Those influences spread and multiply over time, even though I won't see it. Right now, I am using my words more than my actions. Right now, I am healing myself from the wounds of many years, but, I will still follow the path if presented before me. I am ready, I just think I am being given a nice break
I also find writing in online forums a way to get my writing and communication skills more in tune.

I applaud those who have a calling and follow it, no matter what it is, whether I agree with it or not. If some of those have a calling to serve in the middle east, well, who am I to argue with what has made you do that. We all have to fulfill our destiny (whether you believe in such a term or not).

I hope the best and happiness for all life on earth.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
On this memorial day, I feel that the original words, and context still apply. So rather than ask again, I will move this topic up for further discussion.

Where do you stand?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'll fight for my family...not for some war I don't believe in

Also...I've met plenty of intel analysts in my time as a 2W2 and trust me some of them are the dumbest people I have ever met. Now...make sure you read this next line OP...

I AM NOT CALLING THE OP DUMB

I am saying that I think OP could be on the level (don't know honestly yet unless he showed me his DD214) but you truly cannot judge an intel guy by his demeanor in words. One of my fellow 2W2's I worked with talked like he was dumber than a bag of hammers yet was still a good nuke troop

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
On this memorial day, I feel that the original words, and context still apply. So rather than ask again, I will move this topic up for further discussion.

Where do you stand?

To fight not with military means but with the pen is also to fight. Just because some prefer the fight of the pen does not mean they succumb.

And that fight of the pen does not involve attacking others values but presenting our own.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

well said! The pen can be mightier than the sword...I feel stupid for not making this point myself

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join