It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3 minutes BEFORE the student got tasered @ Kerry's Q&A

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hi, I've been reading this forum for a while, but never posted... until today.

thedirigati wrote:

Cops do not think for themselves, someone told the Cops to shut him up, who was that person?

Here's another video, taken from a slightly different angle. Pay attention to the guy in the suit to the right of the protester. When the student is asking about the secret society Kerry and Bush are part of, he makes a cutthroat gesture to someone in the room. That's when the cops jump on the student.

Here's the link to the video: youtube.com...

[edit on 20-9-2007 by sylvie]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So that student gets tazored because he went over the allotted amount of time each questioner is allowed at the mic?

So will this mean that even at televised presidential debates, candidates will get tazored if THEY go over their allotted time at the mic too?

Just wondering.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyborgPirateNinjaJesus
F#@K JOHN KERRY,no good man would stand by and let that happen. Especially when all he had to do, is say "Let him finish".

Hey kiddo - guess you didn't read this thread eh?

John Kerry DID SAY THAT! At least twice. Even FOX news is backing John Kerry and they have shown the tape that clearly has John Kerry saying to leave the guy alone and that he'd answer the question.

That was all Kerry could do. He did it.

Wanna' apologize to John Kerry now?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
So that student gets tazored because he went over the allotted amount of time each questioner is allowed at the mic?

No he didn't get tazored when he went over the allotted amount of time on the mic, he refused to leave. If he did, he would have been tazed right there with the mic in his hand.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by myowncrusade
reply to post by Electro38

So are you saying the 5 (not 3, I watched it again) rentacops were justified in tasering this guy?

Although he was asking perfectly legitimate questions, albeit in a very annoying way, there were alot of better ways to handle that situation.

Although Vit's reply was slightly inflammatory I am inclined to agree with his sentiment.
I have seen a large number of threads this year showing videos of cops/rentacops totally overreacting and assaulting and/or detaining members of the public for exercising the right to free speech. They all come from the US.

Dude, come on. Can you please read my last post?

Do you see the part where I say "my points are", and then give a list of what my argument is?

I don't know if they were right or wrong for tasering him. But I do know that had nothing to do with the government. It doesn't indicate that the US is becoming or is already a fascist country.

Could it also be so hard to imagine that perhaps the other students did not defend the student speaker because they felt he was not worth defending?

Just because he was speaking out against the gov. doesn't mean that what he was saying was automatically right, just, or correct. So then why should those studenst defend someone who they felt wasn't worth it?

They made a free choice, because in their country they can do so. They saw this guy seemed nuts, and exercised their right not to particpate in his antics.

Why did they all applaud when he was subdued?

Why did the speaker feel he could sabotage, disrupt and control the forum, even when it went past his alloted time to speak?

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpadeofAces

i hope an honest judge is present when this young man sues the police department and these "out of control police officers?"---its time for them to get employment elsewhere.i dont think they have the right temperment for the job in a democracy-----maybe in a concentration camp they would be in their element?you have to wonder what kind of raw nerve he must have hit in kerrys team? was it the question about belonging to the same secret society as pres. bush belongs to ?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

No he didn't get tazored when he went over the allotted amount of time on the mic, he refused to leave. If he did, he would have been tazed right there with the mic in his hand.

So they TAZOR him just because he wanted to finish what he was saying?
This is ridiculous! People have DIED from getting tazered and if it's to be used at all, it should be used only in the most extreme circumstances -- but for the police to tazor someone just because they want to finish up on what they are saying at the mic is beyond reprehension! I find it absolutely disgusting! I hope his parents sue the university!

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Maybe you should re-read my post.

I agree with your points, but I still think this was handled in terrible way and a way that will send out very bad signals to anyone that wants to stand up and have their say. I see it as a gradual but not so subtle way of saying "tow the line, or else"

Do you think they should of tasered him?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
We're all so kean to uncover "conspiracies", so why don't we think it could be possible that this was a conspiracy?

That guy seemed to have conspired and staged that whole thing. Most people who do that plan the whole thing out. That's why they all start saying and doing the same thing when they are first approached.

So all I have to do to perpetrate a conspiracy and have you all believe it, is to shout stuff that opposes a senator, policy or gov. and you will all buy it?

ok.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So they TAZOR him just because he wanted to finish what he was saying?
This is ridiculous! People have DIED from getting tazered and if it's to be used at all, it should be used only in the most extreme circumstances -- but for the police to tazor someone just because they want to finish up on what they are saying at the mic is beyond reprehension! I find it absolutely disgusting! I hope his parents sue the university!

Dude did you even watch the video? This guys talks about the 2004 election and moves on to something else. This guy was talking nonstop asking this or that without even giving Kerry a chance to answer one of his questions. Might as well be 20 questions I guess.

Besides I don't think he was even reaching a conclusion yet...

[edit on 20-9-2007 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by myowncrusade

Maybe you should re-read my post.

I agree with your points, but I still think this was handled in terrible way and a way that will send out very bad signals to anyone that wants to stand up and have their say. I see it as a gradual but not so subtle way of saying "tow the line, or else"

Do you think they should of tasered him?

Those are very good points and I agree with them. (Sorry if I came off a little snippy).

No, I don't think they should have tasered him. (He was already down on the ground right?)

If we all want to know why they tasered him, lets consider what it's like to be one of these security guards.

They don't get paid much, they're stressed out. They have been told to act and act fast when something like that happens. When they had him on the ground they zapped him, why? Probably because they were pissed off that this guy gave them such a damn hard time, or maybe they zapped him because they wanted to make things easier for them when they brought him to his feet again.

Not saying it was right, but that's probably why they zapped him.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yes, I watched the video several times and the bottom line is those security guards/police who are now on leave deserve to be so. They handled the situation in a totally unprofessional manner.
And to think they tazered him when there were 4 or 5 of them against one 21 yr. old!! This is ridiculous!
I'm absolutely sure that once this investigation is over, those guards will be permanently out of a job.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

getting tazored for going over your time limit?-----it probably will only be done to those that are not part of kerry's and pres. bushes secret society the young fellow asked about.in canada we have had some prime minister hope to be's and members of parliment that the threat of a tazoring might be what they needed to shut them up or speed them up to end their monotonous speeches sooner.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ConstantlyWondering

Of all the "civilized" western countries France has the only populace that will stand up and riot if necessary, when their government take the piss out of them and rob them of another liberty.

That was my point, I just thought the french 'coward' thing was a little low.

I'm british, I've been brought up to hate the French with their sexy women and amazing food

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Well, thank god they don't have guns right?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

And to think they tazered him when there were 4 or 5 of them against one 21 yr. old!! This is ridiculous!

Its easy to keep your hands from being handcuffed even with 4 or 5 people on you, especially a young big man like him. Hence the need for 4 or 5 people on him. A female security guard with that uniform doesn't make her superwoman.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hi all members, sorry to hijack this thread for a moment, but could anyone tell me why an "access is restricted" message would suddenly appear regarding another thread I have been posting on.
Please note I have done nothing wrong.

Many thanks and sorry to interupt.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by myowncrusade

I understand your opinion now and I thank you. I remember in recent history of just what you are talking about. The French have protested and rioted. And they do get beat down alot.

I am sorry about the stereotype thing. I will do better in the future.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by ConstantlyWondering]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
reply to post by myowncrusade

I understand your opinion now and I thank you. I remember in recent history of just what you are talking about. The French have protested and rioted. And they do get beat down alot.

I am sorry about the stereotype thing. I will do better in the future.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by ConstantlyWondering]

The French also helped us win our freedom.

Viva La France (did I say that right?)

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by CyborgPirateNinjaJesus
F#@K JOHN KERRY,no good man would stand by and let that happen. Especially when all he had to do, is say "Let him finish".

Hey kiddo - guess you didn't read this thread eh?

John Kerry DID SAY THAT! At least twice. Even FOX news is backing John Kerry and they have shown the tape that clearly has John Kerry saying to leave the guy alone and that he'd answer the question.

That was all Kerry could do. He did it.

Wanna' apologize to John Kerry now?

Now do you believe that's all Kerry could do?

He is a Senator and an ex-presidential canidate. He should know how to speak up and demand attention. If he could not be a leader in that situation of injustice, what was he running for president for?

I'm not going to bad talk Kerry but he definately needs stand up for the people, since it is his job to represent the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join