It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater divides California community - 17 Sept 07

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
looks like BW needs a new home... i dont know how to post a video.. but heres a link to the youtube news story.

(direct link to video added by benevolent tyrant, ATS Forum Moderator)

[edit on 9/18/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Blackwater doesn't need a new home they are just getting so large they need more land for training. Also all there property is on the east coast, and they do train Law Enforcement so it would be a smart BUSINESS plan to put a location on the west cost. That location looks like the ideal spot for BW and would provide a good base of jobs and give a lot back to the town.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't agree with anything involving "private" and "military" in the same sentence. To my understanding that's why we have institutions such as THE UNITED STATES ARMY NATIONAL GUARD. It's quite offensive that these men are paid a considerable amount more serving a private company compared to their counterparts serving their country. There's limits and regulations that need to be drawn before they do anymore expanding.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I dont have any disrespect towards the National Guard I'm in the Marines myself, But with PMC's like Blackwater they hire EX Special Forces and have the ability to get things done that the national guard may not be able to. If there was a Homeland crisis. But don't forget Blackwater does train Police and They train with some Special forces so there still in "The Loop" but don't forget these men and women are still Americans Fighting over seas, and demand the same respect we give out active duty troops. WE all took the same oath "to protect the Constitution of the United States from all enemies both Foreign and Domestic"

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It is the corporate army. Plain and simple, they worship and work for the all mighty dollar, just like the corporate creedo.

I could see why they need an outpost on the West Coast, as they shift power from the goverment to the corporation, the corporate army will have to occupy many more sectors of America.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
thanks benevolent tyrant,i really need to learn how to post vid's.

care to pm me instructuions?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Danman

I understand a portion of the troops are ex-special forces but hasn't our government established institutions specifically for this reason? Police, SWAT, National Guard, etc. There's also public organizations in the form of militias all around the United States of America. It is unnecessary to have a private army made up of our own and other nationalities on American soil. There's no chance of invasion, our airspace and radar systems are top of the line, and our navy is the most dominate in the world. Why would we need a private "security" force? A private army is a dangerous thing in current times..

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danman
I dont have any disrespect towards the National Guard I'm in the Marines myself, But with PMC's like Blackwater they hire EX Special Forces and have the ability to get things done that the national guard may not be able to. If there was a Homeland crisis. But don't forget Blackwater does train Police and They train with some Special forces so there still in "The Loop" but don't forget these men and women are still Americans Fighting over seas, and demand the same respect we give out active duty troops. WE all took the same oath "to protect the Constitution of the United States from all enemies both Foreign and Domestic"

Sir, I am sorry, but private military do not demand the same respect from 'the people' as active duty troops. Blackwater, and outfits like them only undermind the active duty troops and the American Military at large. Whether it is National Guard, Marines, or Special Forces, these Mercenaries make every one active duty soldier look bad. Their 'budget leeching' causes untold national debt, while back at home those of us who support real active duty troops have to bicker about trying to fund proper armor and other war time needs. It is hard to find any definitive proof as to what a Blackwater type earns in a year due to their secrecy, but I have seen estimates of anywhere from 3 to 10 times what an active duty soldier is paid. For every Blackwater Mercenary on the ground, we could have three to ten active duty soldiers in their place. And if the wages that our military makes are 'too low' then we should raised them way before we ever allowed Private Military to become a reality. Perhaps you are here stumping for their 'honor' because you hope to get employment once you finish you active duty, and that is fine, everyone has a right to say what they want. But you cannot expect that forum members at a forum who's motto is to 'deny ignorance' will buy that Blackwater types have sworn any allegiance to uphold the Constitution, because if that were the case, they would still be Active Duty Special Forces, not selling their services to the highest bidder. Perhaps when they cut off federal funding to Blackwater, and their affiliates, and Corporations are the new "Commanders in Chiefs" you will understand...

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
We also pay for 4 or 6 years of training of a soldier, then they get them and we have to train a new soldier.

They also are considered American in foreign countries but do not have to follow any laws, military or civilian. They can make the military look bad.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Perfect! I usually don't try and personalize my posts concerning politics but you made a perfect point regarding adequate funding to Blackwater compared to those on active duty. I have friends over there as do a lot of us and I don't think the pay difference is right, let alone the money funding both operations. It's Ridiculous.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

[edit on 19-9-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

new topics

top topics

join