It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is working with ATS!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thanks to the excellent efforts of our resident uber-science-geek, Kano, and his analysis of the images form the Mars Spirit Rover (found on ATSNN: www.atsnn.com... and covered on SlashDot and Google News), we're also getting expert input from NASA. The latest summary from Kano can be found here, www.abovetopsecret.com... Until all expert feedback is collected and placed into the ATSNN story, we're asking members to use this thread to comment on the findings: www.abovetopsecret.com... In just two days, this work from Kano, inspired by many members, has rocketed to our most-viewed thread, with 57,556 views. And one final piece of excellent information. Kano's NASA contacts have indicated they will direct people here, when they have questions about the color issues. Awesome. This is an amazing milestone for the credibility of members that make up the ATS community.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That when the year-end review comes out, this thread will be mentioned ALOT. And to think... conspiracy finatics are sopposed to be "off". It is great to hear that an accredited agency like NASA is now using the services of ATS!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is fantastic. That is all I can say. I am truely dumbfounded by this.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is truley awesome news. It seems that through the efforts of Kano we are gaining credability.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This truly is a remarkable milestone for ATS, another step in the right direction.

So how is the server feeling after the past couple days?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Kano did the work that needed to be done and did it in the spirit of finding the TRUTH rather than trying to prop up some bogus, non existent conspiracy.

That is what differentiates ATS from the swill. A grand moment to be sure.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
So how is the server feeling after the past couple days?

Well I can't see what the server load was/is, but we're getting more traffic than usual

This month will be the best in ATS history

link   
In some respects it doesn't seem enough but I'd like to see members get behind this suggestion.
It is not without precedent.William received it after all the hard work he did for the board.

I know it's early but let's get behind Kano for the award.

It is an awesome achievement and it vindicates the policy of Deny Ignorance.

link   
I don't want to downplay your achievements, but this isn't exactly great news to me. Keep on keepin' on.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Amazing. Way to go Kano,you have every right to pat yourself on the back. As we all should be doing.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

1) And one final piece of excellent information. Kano's NASA contacts have indicated they will direct people here, when they have questions about the color issues. Awesome.

2) This is an amazing milestone for the credibility of members that make up the ATS community.

1) I can't believe what I'm reading.
That's great.

2) Yep. OTH, those conspiracies lovers are gonna shout more. " Now ATS is part of it ".

And let me join JB1 on what he said about Kano & the January Award.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I also agree. How do you go about it?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thanks guys, thats enough hornblowing for now though.

I think we all need to thank Bob and SkepticOverlord for getting us slashdotted in the first place, then working so hard to keep this rickety old server chugging along under the massive pounding it got as a result.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Rickety??? Did he say rickety?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
smart but yet humble

kano you're not too bad of guy

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Did he say rickety?

Well, I'm still not convinced that a real Dual-Xeon server would have a crank handle at the front.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Did you work for NASA at one point, or still work for them, Kano?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
WOW!!

Kano, that's WONDERFUL!! Mucho Kudos!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Did you work for NASA at one point, or still work for them, Kano?

heh no

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Okay, how do we vote for him when we can't vote for him? Do we just post our votes here.

If so...

I'm in for 3 votes for Kano...don't tell me I can't do that...

lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join