It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This is going up onto my myspace. itll atleast reach 60 people out of my 283 friends on it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis
Now, you're all on a conspiracy site. You like conspiracies. You believe them.
However, the general public doesn't.
And when someone begins screaming like a girl, both questions, and 'Look! Police state!' comments as he is arrested, most people will be glad to see him removed, and the room brought back to order.

Excessive force? Perhaps.
Most likely, they wanted him to stop screaming, and thrashing.
Most likely, they wanted him to stop moving.

I'll agree it was too much, but, the response, to arrest him, was justified.

It doesn't matter if the "general public" doesn't like conspiracy theories. And don't start that "back to order" crap. The police made more of a ruckus than anything that kid could have done. And why did he have to be tasered with all those policemen?

The initial arrest was far from justified.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
HORRIBLE!!!!
1: Kerry could have promptly acknowledged him. 2: the police could have asked him to let Kerry answer, 3:, they should have asked him to be seated, 4: they could have told him, "We're going to have to ask you to leave, now." What heavy-handedness!!!!
Tazering him when he's down???
Please remember when exercising your free speech rights, remain calm when confronted, Always ask Jesus for guidance!!!

I am a conservative, post-republican.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I know a few people who were at the event, as I go to University of Florida, and they said it was definitely the highlight of their week heh. But man. Anyone remember the incident that happened at UCLA (I believe?). First hand, I can tell you - UPD here are absolute jack asses, and I am not surprised that they would pull this.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Full Video.

1.He apparently was allowed up to the mic and didn't rush it as stated previously, Mr. Kerry called upon him directly.
2.Kerry made it clear he wanted to engage his questions after the officers interrupted the first time.
3.The officers assaulted him.
4.He was never answered as to why he was being arrested.
5.you will hear a women 20 or so seconds ahead of time saying he has a tazer in his chest.
6.You can hear an officer saying he has no options.
7.He was tazed.
8.Multiple people in the crowd were questioning this BS.
9.Kerry on multiple times said he wanted to answer the questions.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Before those cops even laid a hand on that guy you can hear Kerry say "that's alright, let me answer his question".

The system will learn, the time is coming.

The arms don't reach so far when the fingers go and then the hands.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis
Now, you're all on a conspiracy site. You like conspiracies. You believe them.
However, the general public doesn't.
And when someone begins screaming like a girl, both questions, and 'Look! Police state!' comments as he is arrested, most people will be glad to see him removed, and the room brought back to order.

Excessive force? Perhaps.
Most likely, they wanted him to stop screaming, and thrashing.
Most likely, they wanted him to stop moving.

I'll agree it was too much, but, the response, to arrest him, was justified.

How is his arrest justified?? For asking a question during a Q&A forum? It don't matter that his time was up, they cut off his mic. He was not a "disruption" until he was pushed on by police. So where is this justification??

I love you guys who defend these types of actions. One day IT WILL BE YOU or Your MOM, DAD, Daughter, Son. Think I am kidding?

In Miami a 6 year old was tazed.

In Ohio a 68 year old grandmother is tazed while in the police station.

Or the police in Maine who tazed a 70 year old man who removed his hearing aids and went to bed.

Don't forget the thread where a women who was 8 months pregnant was tazed also. One day it will be you too and trhen we will see how much you defend the officers.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I really don't feel safe anymore after seeing this. And we have a war on terror going on? Forget Iraq/Iran, we have terrorists within our country, and we are paying their salaries!!!

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Wizard_1988]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I love how the final straw was "Skull and Bones". Talk about not talking about Fight Club.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
When something like this happens the crowd needs to help the victim. The problem in a situation like this is the more people there are in the crowd, the less likely it is anybody will help due to transference of responsibility. Fear of arrest and bodily harm doesn't help either.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by wingman77]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
atleast in the last video, the camerawoman attempted to help, or atleast ask why this was happening. its good to know there is atleast some support

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
What is the message?

"Sir, you are past your alloted time! Prepared to be tazed!"

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

In Miami a 6 year old was tazed.

This is the problem with this sort of claims. Let's take the first story. That 6 year old had a piece of glass and he had cut himself... That child was hurting himself and the police though the best course of action so the kid wouldn't continue cuting himself or even killing himself was to taser him.

Again, here is part of what happened....

When two Miami-Dade County police officers and a school officer arrived, the boy had already cut himself under his eye and on his hand.

"He had already inflicted injuries and had smeared blood on his face and was very agitated," Miami-Dade police Sgt. Pete Andreu said.

The officers talked to the boy without success. When he cut his own leg, police said one officer shocked him with a Taser gun, then another grabbed him to prevent him from falling.

www.nbc6.net...

That kid could have very well hurt himself badly or even killed himself in that condition.

Originally posted by section8citizen
Don't forget the thread where a women who was 8 months pregnant was tazed also. One day it will be you too and trhen we will see how much you defend the officers.

When these things happen they are investigated, if the police officer was at fault he/she will get punished. Sorry but this is no excuse for you and some others trying to claim this is some sort of police state.

Police officers are people, sometimes they do their jobs right, sometimes they have difficult decisions to make, and whether you and some others want to understand it or not, cops do face some real bad crowds, so at times they might overreact which is why it is a good idea to do what a cop tells you, instead of for example reaching behind your sit for your cell phone when a cop tells you to put your hands in the steering wheel, or to get off your car...

Some people don't want to understand this. Although as i said before, yes it is true some police officers are bad apples...it happens in all walks of life, and all professions where there are some good people, some bad people and some people who make mistakes.. However, this is no reason to claim this is some sort of dictatorship.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Taser is the cattle prod of the Human race.

Move along sheeple... nothing to see here. Never mind the man behind the curtain.

They say that the man suffered no physical injuries. Forget that!
Listen to him wail in pain. PAIN IS SUFFERING. Because it leaves no lasting damage does not make it any less inhumane.

Like saying water boarding isnt torture.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre
OMG. I can't believe this crap. Of course he resisted, how would You react if You were strong-armed for doing nothing but what is in Your constitutional right? Because somebody didn't like his question or the tone of? Get used to it, it's called the police state.

Peace. K*

As a former police officer and can only strongly advise - follow what the officers saying. Do not resist. It makes the situation only more worse. Officers are mostly underpaid, less educated people who tend to have a jesus complex (means, they think they are god). Therefore you are *SNIP mostly if you do not following LEO orders.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Taser is the cattle prod of the Human race.

Move along sheeple... nothing to see here. Never mind the man behind the curtain.

They say that the man suffered no physical injuries. Forget that!
Listen to him wail in pain. PAIN IS SUFFERING. Because it leaves no lasting damage does not make it any less inhumane.

Like saying water boarding isnt torture.

What worries me is what they will have in future to replace tasers?
I remember seeing a movie which some leader had a remote control that would cause pain to anyone he wished, which made him in total control over the people. Thats a scary thought.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
You all seem in uproar over a taser.
Having been tasered before, it's more frightening than painful.
It's a tool for disablement, and one that is none-too-subtle.

Not as though it's a new, top-secret bant-stick.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
God forbid someone were to actually be allowed to ask these scumbag politicians a real, original question for once.... instead of the pre-approved, pre censored, telegraphed bollocks that are typically allowed at these sham press conferences.

Those cops made an example of that boy, they wanted to make it extremely clear to him and everyone of like mind who may be watching that stepping out of place and making waves will not be allowed or tolerated in the new world police state. Kudos to the young man for at least making an effort to be heard, more than most would be willing to risk for a cause in this day and age.

Shame he had to get tasered by the goon squad for simply exercising his freedom of speech. Tsk tsk...let this be a lesson to all.... Resistance is futile.

* I hope they prepare a special place in the gulags for the people who sat there and laughed while they electrocuted this kid...they are true cowards.

[edit on 9/18/07 by BlackOps719]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
stand up against something like this.
if the masses get used to it, they won't even help when you should have all the right!

in this video you see it also: this guy is treated way too hard and nobody seems to care.
he asks for help but most even look away, to kerry or in the sky!

the policemen are used to taser - they don't even stop in front of TV!
well that tells me they are so used to tasering for no obvious reason, they do it all the time. if you see this over and over - YOU also get used to it. your kids will think this is normal!

so you see - the police state is built with people from low to top - the dumbest make the dirt-work.
and yes, it looks kind of WW2, and yes, its the same people that started all the wars!

if you dont start to act now, its too late when all of your friends (or even you are first for conspiracy stuff like visiting this site) are gone and too less people could resist.
stop dreaming, turn TV off..

the only way to wake people up is to cut their powerlines. if the TV isnt running and the fridge is down, they stumble out of their home "help, help! i need help, i am so alone!" or maybe some of the crowd is happy to be released.. most just realize what is happening if the are confronted with reality by themselfes. they wouldn't even do something if its their neighbour thats tasered and transported away - "hopefully its not me some day, poooh!"
oh great, those people can be wasted (sorry, just my opinion)

but usually it is like a drug addicted: they have this cold deprivation. just after they are over it they realise that they were manipulated by TV and the media. but in the start they are not happy about it...

WAKE UP before its too late. unfortunately IT IS TOO LATE and unfortunately, even by knowing the future you can't change whats going to happen..

but i am sure these people that want to stay in the light of the media dont get what they want.
they are also addicted to their so called might, they dont realise that thats not what matters.

they are kind of ill and they can just get their cure by realising that this is the wrong way. by realising that, they also realize that its too late - in this life..

so they try to make on damn good BOOM before they go and try to get as much people with them in the grave.
so watch out, think twice before doing action, stay down and be smart. help people but dont get caught. thats the best form of survival. wait for the masses to realize what happens - then act and show them what to do.
meanwhile you plan what you will do when the time is right.
just try to be a step ahead when it comes down to your city.
there is one fight they cannot win: the fight in the cities when the city resists. but watch out for the brainwashed ones.. its like they are zombies. people that do evertything someone tells them if it is just good enough to satisfy their needs.
you should not harm then but on the other side - they will fall into your back.

just my two cents..

[edit on 18/9/2007 by rxnnxs]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
So yeah, about freedom of speech... *whoosh*

Face it folks, due process doesn't exist in this country anymore. It was officially annihilated with the introduction of the Patriot Act. If you're not familiar with Gore Vidal? GET TO KNOW HIS WORK! It's extremely important for everybody to educate themselves using not only kooky conspiracy forums but well known political minds. Through this knowledge (which no man can sanely contest) you'll be able to truly formulate and understand the "not-so-conspiracy" reality we're heading towards.

While there have been only 4 or 5 such accounts I can name off the top of my head (with such media coverage, that is) it should have ended at 1. The trend is in itself what speaks to those who've feared the coming of a shadow totalitarian objective.

Oh well. We've got our cars, T.V's, couches, & a plentiful supply of food & water. Why contest? Too bad the full capability of those luxurious will be limited. Maybe then, people will understand?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join