It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Cooking at Dugway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There are two recent events that have happened at the Dugway Proving Ground in Utah. One event involved a fiery crash and subsequent widespread fire of an unmanned aircraft that was left unnamed by the USAF.

The other involves a DoD contract just announced on September 14 regarding the conversion of a temporary runway into a taxiway by a seemingly non-descript company called Granite Construction Company.

The two links are:

deseretnews.com...

www.defenselink.mil...

In the first link, a USAF Second Lt. was quoted as saying ""We had a drone that was launched in support of some weapons testing".

I let the first article pass some time without looking in to it, however, I spotted the new DoD Contract for work on a runway at Dugway. This leaves more questions than answers.

Is the runway they're working on associated with Michael AAF?

We know that the USAF was running the drone in the crash...what are they doing at Dugway?

Exactly which drone crashed?

Does anyone have any answers or ideas?

[edit on 17-9-2007 by TAGBOARD]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Granite Construction Company is just a local construction company here in Utah. I guess they put in the lowest bid the re-do the flight line, or whatever at Dugway.

As far as what a 2dLt. said...I would take that with a grain of salt. Rarely have I ever heard of Lt's making public statements like that. Most 2dLt's are about as green as it gets when it comes to the AF...straight out of college, and less than 2 years of service. To be honest they are probably the least respected rank of all...even A1C's (E-3's) dont listen to what they say.

What im trying to say is that I cannot remember a butter bar in a position to be making public statements... i.e they probably dont know what the hell they are talking about.

Not saying that its not true...but take it with a grain of salt.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by PokeyJoe]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Granite Construction is a California based construction company that specializes in infrastructure construction, bridges, tunnels, airports and the like. Just about every freeway in cali was built to some extent by granite. If it is big and requires concrete they are the ones to call.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I don't see what's so significant about this story. So the military is testing UAVs at Dugway. They do that at just about every base. So a large cement outfit is building a runway at a publicly-disclosed base.

Am I missing something here?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
News from the Associated Press:

www.armytimes.com...

[edit on 15-9-2009 by TAGBOARD]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
what is at Dugway, this is a google earth image look it up and let me know what you think. Lat. 40°11'55.29"N Long. 113°10'38.58"W. This si a very tall cage or some kind of containment area.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nate4818
what is at Dugway, this is a google earth image look it up and let me know what you think. Lat. 40°11'55.29"N Long. 113°10'38.58"W. This si a very tall cage or some kind of containment area.

It looks like something is in there, so maybe it's a dog run?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nate4818

ive also seen some interesting stuff when looking around there...to the south eastish of the base u can see this

about 6 miles to the right of that is what i would call a huge round storage container thats more than 500ft across!

[edit on 10-11-2009 by chrisd250]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TAGBOARD

Forgive me if I cannot reply apart from ageeing with your thread. Can anybody help? I heard an alien was buried in a US cemetry, and that the headstone and particulars have disappeared since then.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

No problems. I have not heard of any aliens (legal or otherwise), buried in Dugway Proving Ground, where the headstone and particulars have disappeared. I'm not sure if Dugway Proving Ground has a cemetery.

Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TAGBOARD

Re: the alien grave: it appears this site is in Texas from a UFO that crashed in 1897. A short link (seeing that the topic is a little off-topic) is www.roadsideamerica.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
There is another thread in this forum that discusses Lockheed activity at Michael AAF, located on the Dugway base:

Lockheed Martin Shuttle Plane Flights to Michael AAF

Perhaps the activities are related to an Army customer:

- I still believe the RQ-170 is ultimately an Army program, that may have been transferred to the USAF:

Lockheed RQ-170 Sentinel - Wikipedia

- The LEMV program was pursued by Lockheed as well:

Lockheed P-791 - Wikipedia

- Lockheed ADP Palmdale has a history of working with Missiles and Fire Control out of Grand Prairie, TX and Orlando, FL. This effort may be related to weapons integration onto an existing unmanned Army platform. There may have been some teaming with General Atomics on some efforts in this area as well.

new topics

top topics

join