It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baggy pants crackdown goes national

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

TRENTON, New Jersey (AP) -- It's a fashion that started in prison, and now the saggy pants craze has come full circle -- low-slung street strutting in some cities may soon mean run-ins with the law, including a stint in jail.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
An opinion from someone who doesn't even wear baggy pants:

This is ridiculous. Could banning bagging pants perhaps be the first move in banning certain clothing? IMO, if they're going to get rid of baggy pants they need to get rid of all the revealing clothes females are wearing. Now don't get me wrong fellas but some of the clothes the younger female generation is wearing now-a-days disgusts me. Whatever happened to disney T-shirts, velcro shoes and jeans?

Anyways, I don't really see the point in banning baggy clothes.. sure you could conceal weapons, drugs or other things easier in them but then they should also think about banning back packs and purses. Plus baggy pants are so trending I bet more than 75% of the people that wear them are harmless.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
it is stupid,for one the "origins" for the "baggie" pants didn start in prison,if you know your gangsta history you'll see this fadhion dateing back to the 70's in L.A. and it was called "saggin'"..how would i know?...because i've been there...done that.. and it's stupid to try and police fashion like this..

lets start banning friggin spandex if you really want to do us a favor.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN

Yeah, I vote for banning spandex first.

The style being attacked is sagged down pants so that the top of the guys boxer shorts show above the belt.

And personally I'd much rather look at that than this next one.

Maybe we all need to grow massive bums and invest in suspenders to make sure we stay within the new laws of the fashion police.:shk:

There are two more problems with this "crackdown",

WHAT WILL THE PLUMBERS DO.....

They could be facing a lot of tickets just for doing their job.

The diaper industry will have to start making "High-Top Snuggies".

This poor child is destined to be a plumber for sure.
Perhaps early intervention by baby fashion police will change that.

Edit: ocd on sp

[edit on 17/9/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
it is stupid,for one the "origins" for the "baggie" pants didn start in prison,if you know your gangsta history you'll see this fadhion dateing back to the 70's in L.A. and it was called "saggin'"..how would i know?...because i've been there...done that.. and it's stupid to try and police fashion like this..

Actually it did start in prison. Here is a link if you need one.

While I don't normally support censorship, there is a need to stop this trend. It's called underwear for a reason. If you want everyone to see your boxers just pull them a bit further up. There is no need for your pants to be below your backside.

Another reason is it is mainly a trend among gang members or wannabees.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
hey..

Wouldn't "crackdowns" be a really groovy slang term to describe loose baggy pants?

"gotta go, Target is having an awesome sale on Crackdowns"

"Crackdowns
bigger, baggier, better.."

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
LMAO@AD and Spacedoubt

keep em comin' guys

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
LOL

Actually, if THE LAWMAKERS began wearing these clothes to work.

Mainstream those puppies.
Hawaiian Shirt Fridays
Crackdown Mondays.

That would deflate the "coolness" factor by magnitudes.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

i strongly suggest that you not take everything from the "web" as fact... i've been in prison,fed and state,and the reason that site states for saggin' pant's is crazy.... but to each his own... i know the deal... lived it...and i know what 's what.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This is just stupid. It's gonna give them a way better chance at running away.

apc

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
And they're so funny to watch run! Like little ghetto penguins!

I saw a cpl dudes walking across an intersection and one of their pants fell completely off.

I really don't think the target here is people who show the tops of their boxers. The target here is people who have problems carrying something while walking because they're busy holding up their pants.

While bare skin is usually not actually shown, the strong associations to gang activity and the development of criminal behavior warrants attention. Outright banishment? I'm undecided. I think it should still be legal for a man to strut around wearing nothing but his boxers so long as he's not exposing himself.

Stuff like this is the real target...
Guess which is the Crip and which is the Blood.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by apc]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Guess which is the Crip and which is the Blood.

Neither. Only wannabes wear colors nowadays.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I DO wear my pants like thi, and I don't see anything wrong with it:

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Now this look is stupid. But I still don't think there should be a law that prohibits what you wear.

Originally posted by apc

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I personally don't like the look of saggy pants either (especially when they sag too the knees) but I think banning such a practice is an infringement on our rights. Also, if they ban saggy pants because they show a little underwear then what will be next? Will they ban bikinis? Will they fine us ladies when our bra strap is showing on our shoulder?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
they need to ban tight pants then. i mean seriously who likes to look at pants that look like they hurt ur testicles?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
wtf why ban it? they will slowly realize how lame it looks... i mean i dont mind it but when the boxers are straight up showing..it just looks plain stupid..LET THEM LOOK WACK!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
they need to ban tight pants then.

You Sir, are absolutely correct.

I'm a gay guy that doesn't mind looking at a few of the saggers, hell, if the body is covered in a decent way, who cares. I lived through the fashion statements of the 60's and 70's, and I think I've seen it swing almost anyway you could imagine.

Saggers have nothing on the 70's Snuggers that left nothing to the imagination.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

*snip*

Fashions come and go, and I don't see cod pieces coming back very soon, but the human body will always be here.

Let everyone walk around naked if they want and it'll become a non-issue like it does on a nude beach. We'll soon see how false an image advertising has imposed on our society. Total nudity might do away with the entire diet industry, bulimia, anorexia, plastic surgery, etc.........

We might just see each other as we really are....Human bodies with variety.

Edit: I always edit

[edit on 19/9/2007 by anxietydisorder]

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
OOG: Original Original Gangstas

I could support the ban on saggy pants, but only if in exchange they made it mandatory for everyone to dress like this:

Old School!

P.S. Willie Wonka called. He wants his clothes back.

apc

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ug... Marge Simpson called. She wants her hat back.

At least history proves one thing: Retards have a strange sense of fashion.

Funny DiCraprio is the only one that doesn't look flaming. The irony...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I wouldn't go out of my way to ban it.

However, if it were banned, I would not be upset. It is one of the most retarded "fashion" trends ever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join