It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 years in jail for saying bomb in America airport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
www.sky.com...

Em when I visit Ill make sure I dont say Boo just incase they misunderstand me jeez.
Alright she might be a stupid on it but come on. I don't know wether to laugh or cry. 15years WHAT???

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kila
www.sky.com...

Em when I visit Ill make sure I dont say Boo just incase they misunderstand me jeez.
Alright she might be a stupid on it but come on. I don't know wether to laugh or cry. 15years WHAT???

I think she deserved it, it says in the article that she was asked to repeat the sentence and she said the same thing twice, even after realizing that they weren't laughing.

It also says in the article that maximum of 15 years in prision, so I don't think the judge will be that harsh.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
next time go into a plane and go tot he person ur are traveling with and say "hi Jack" and "Gee-Odd-isnt its" and see what the ppl say aroudn u

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
next time go into a plane and go tot he person ur are traveling with and say "hi Jack" and "Gee-Odd-isnt its" and see what the ppl say aroudn u

I will remember to try that next time.

I think people will just ask what is odd? or my name isn't Jack, it is Jenny, you blind idiot.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
How ridiculous can you get, and how tyrannical ?
It doesn't need a science degree to know that she was taking the piss. Did the shoe bomber tell security that he had explosives in his shoe ? - No. Did the terrorists who took control of the planes on 9-11 tell security that they planned to slam the planes into buildings ? - No.
What terrorist is going to stand at the security gate and say "Yes, I've got a mini-nuke stuffed in my jockstrap" ?

For fooks sake, yes, she was an idiot for saying it, but 15 years ??? - rapists don't get that much.
I've got friends who are security guards and they would just have told the woman not to be so stupid. (They would then check her carefully, the same as they would check everyone else). The ones in Miami appear to be pre-programmed borg without a single original thought in their heads. "The book says this .... click ... we must follow the book ... click"

My arse !

This world is going to the dogs (but I've been saying that for quite a while, so that's not a surprise).

And no, I don't think she will get 15 years.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
How ridiculous can you get, and how tyrannical ?
It doesn't need a science degree to know that she was taking the piss.

And she doen't need a science degree to know that she wasn't supposed to do that, especially after 911, shoe bombers and increased alertness for possible attack. How stupid can you get?

At the moment for the guards, they probably knew she was joking, but if they let her go and she blows up a plane it is going to be the guards who are going to spend their lives in prision, so it is better she spends hers and theirs.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It seems a bit extreme. When I was young, I remember joking about that once myself, in an airport. Fortunately, I wasn't arrested. I saw a sign that warned against joking, and so my first reaction was to joke about it. Yeah, so I was a smart ass! I didn't have any bombs.
Sure, maybe it was stupid and in poor taste, but some people just have a different sense of humor, I guess. BTW, how many people trying to carry bombs onto planes do you think would actually tell people? They should be more worried about people who don't claim there are bombs in their luggage.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It reminds me of someone I knew almost 20 years ago who was flying out to Australia.The Customs guy at the other end asked him if he had a Criminal Record and this friend replied that he didn't realise he still needed one to get into Australia.

Bam! He was on the next flight home.

Rule 1: Customs people all over the world are not employed for their sense of humour.

I expect she will get a fine and be banned from the USA.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
It reminds me of someone I knew almost 20 years ago who was flying out to Australia.The Customs guy at the other end asked him if he had a Criminal Record and this friend replied that he didn't realise he still needed one to get into Australia.

Bam! He was on the next flight home.

Rule 1: Customs people all over the world are not employed for their sense of humour.

I expect she will get a fine and be banned from the USA.

Now that is funny stuff. Last time I went to Australia, the customs people were pretty cool when I was joking around while searching for my luggage *which ended up in Chicago, meanwhile, I was in Sydney Australia*, however, the Customs people on the Amerikan side had no sense of humor.

I would guess that there is no way she'll get 15 years, and will most likely be fined HEAVILY and asked not to come back for 15 years.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This kind of reminds me when I was 13 years old I made a joke that someone should put a stink bomb under the principals chair to a friend that had some. And some stupid kid heard us and told them. Well next thing you know I had a 10 day suspension for just saying that. Which kind of threw me off for the whole year and I got fked up because of that through some later years too. Although I have grew up a lot since then and see how childish and stupid it was to say, I see it�s even stupider to make such a punishment considering it�s just human nature for kids to joke around. I swear if the principals and rats lives were in trouble, I would not pity them for one second or hesitate to save them. Even if it meant saying a word. Just a nicer NON THREATENING way of saying what is really on my mind if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I don't think it is that un-fair...

I don't agree with the 15 years max though, I just think they should of told her to leave. And for the comment on guards should only worry about people who don't talk about bombs... What if the bombers exploit this?

As in, going upto guards saying "I have a bomb, hahaha", natural thought would be that the person was taking the piss, so the guard would ignore them. Then they are free to go and bomb/hi-jack the plane.

I think it is quite serious, if people joke about it - to a guard or someone else working at the airport that is, they should get checked and asked to leave - It's un-fair on the other people - as they might scare some people.

Thats my oppinion anyway

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well... this is nothing too new...

Ever since I can remember you aren't suppose to joke about bombs, or guns, or hijacking planes at the Dallas Airport...

Believe there was signs and #

so don't say

DAMN THATS WAS THE BOMB ASS PIZZA FOR AIRPORT FOOD Imma GO JIHAD the TOILET brb!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I was discussing this with a friend and he asked, "What if I went to the bathroom, came back, and said that I just dropped a mad bomb in the bathroom"? LOL

Yes I know, a little too much information.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
15 years is extreme

The girl was dumb, but she should be fined and serve community service or probation.

I say shiit is "da bomb" often in casaul conversation, I will have to be more aware of how I speak the next time I am in an airport.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Why put her away for 15 years, that's ludicrous. Put her in prison for what?

To rehabilitate her? To keep her off the streets so that she won't strike again? To teach her a lesson by taking away all her freedoms for the next few years?

What a bunch of idiot tight-asses who did this.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
its obviouslly a mix up in sense of humour. british humour is based around strong, sometimes offensive stuff like what she said.

she may not have seen the sign saying "no joking" or whatever u lot are talkin about. if she did, shes pretty damned stupid

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think that they may be making an example out of her to cut down on this sort of thing. She'll probably just get fined in the end.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I really hate those all-time loosers called airport sher�ffs. I met agents who were much cooler than those guys with jokes like that.

What happened last week was seriously stupid, the one kid from germany putting the letter in the flying plane that there is a bomb on board.
But this? This just shows again how retarted the American way of handling stuff is.
Sorry but your laws, lawsuits and security measures are just the piss for the rest of the world

- and that's no offense against the american people

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
I really hate those all-time loosers called airport sher�ffs. I met agents who were much cooler than those guys with jokes like that.

What happened last week was seriously stupid, the one kid from germany putting the letter in the flying plane that there is a bomb on board.
But this? This just shows again how retarted the American way of handling stuff is.
Sorry but your laws, lawsuits and security measures are just the piss for the rest of the world

- and that's no offense against the american people

I live in America and I agree all the way, it's rediculous what this country is turning into.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MetalHead
I don't agree with the 15 years max though, I just think they should of told her to leave. And for the comment on guards should only worry about people who don't talk about bombs... What if the bombers exploit this?

I was just saying, most terrorists aren't going to tell you they're a terrorist. That's just stupid.
There's nothing to exploit, period.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join