It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 years in jail for saying bomb in America airport

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
tr

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I remember when I was in the military. We were standing in line at the airport, getting vaccinations and such, waiting for a flight. Someone told a bomb joke and the M.P.s hauled him off. It was one of our military guys. Military base airport.

That was stupid, him getting hauled off like that. Condoleeza Rice will tell you no ever thought a bomb would be used at an airport. J/k

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by tr]

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by tr]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tr
I remember when I was in the military. We were standing in line at the airport, getting vaccinations and such, waiting for a flight. Someone told a bomb joke and the M.P.s hauled him off. It was one of our military guys. Military base airport.

I have to admit, the Military Police are some of the most humourless bastards I have ever met.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
they had one bitch arrested for putting baking soda in an evvelpe and mailing it to her ex-boyfriend. she got a few years. anyways its her fault. i laught at her

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
lets be realistic, shes not going to get any jail time...a fine and a ban sure, joke or not you have to be pretty dumb to say something like that to an airport securty guard. she was asked to repeat herself twice so obviously they were giving her a chance to say she was just joking.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here's another one ...

Tyneside woman claims bomb in bag

This woman was somewhat annoyed that she was about to miss her flight, so told the check-in staff that she had a bomb. It looks as if she was playing to the camera, since she knew that a film crew was recording the altercation.

She then told two Special Branch officers the same and when one of them went to check her bag, she shouted 'Don't touch it, it will go off'.

Now this was obviously stupid - you don't feck around with Special Branch. She was arrested.

The difference here is that whereas the student arrested in the US was obviously taking the piss, this woman actually provoked the police in arresting her.
Shouting a warning that 'it will go off' is just asking for arrest (or worse, a bullet up the arse).

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
so don't say

DAMN THATS WAS THE BOMB ASS PIZZA FOR AIRPORT FOOD Imma GO JIHAD the TOILET brb!

LMAO!!

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What kind of idiotic paranoid law can have a person jailed for making a joke?

Fair enough, she had a chance to redeem herself and was stupid to claim she had a bomb, aswell as inconsiderate to the other passengers, but 15 years is a bit much for having an odd sense of humour.

The US has taken their paranoia and fear of "terrorism" too far, and I can't help but sympathise with the girl.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

but 15 years is a bit much for having an odd sense of humour.

believe me, i can get down with a lot of american bashing...but she didn't get 15 years, that's just the maximum penalty allowed. like i said, she won't serve any time...the title of this thread is intentionally misleading, i'm guessing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join